Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
Release date: April 12, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6493164_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpeg

Last edited:
My order has been on "preparing your item" for several days. That usually means my order is being shipped from a store today and will almost surely be packaged terribly and arrived damaged. I've learned, though, and this is why I didn't cancel my Zavvi preorder. Even though the Zavvi sb cost a bunch more, it showed up several days ago looking mint (although I haven't opened it yet), so I'll be quite happy to return my Best Buy order if it's damaged. Otherwise I'll have one copy for me, and one to give my niece and nephew.
similar boat. UK editions arrived in fine condition but i wanna keep my US 4k collection going and will be returning these if they arrive and aren't mint.

Reactions: JGCramp
Not mine

USA does look slightly better than ROW edition

After he put the camera down so many times I couldn't tell which steelbook is which. I do notice that the colours differ on each steelbook and that the Zavvi disc colours look so much better.

EDIT: The steelbook on the left in the image above is the Zavvi release. The one on the right is the Best Buy release.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: a_o and apsmith21
Colors are fine. Finish is crap. Vegetarians and those keeping kosher/halal will have to look elsewhere as this is 100% streaky bacon. 846193FE-92B7-4194-9B75-9D3A589EC1C5.jpeg868CB7CF-6910-4F91-9D40-9FD1C1714A6C.jpeg
One the plus side, my last several preorders have been shipping in proper boxes with air packs from the Kentucky distribution center. Maybe there’s hope for :bestbuy: after all.

Colors are fine. Finish is crap. Vegetarians and those keeping kosher/halal will have to look elsewhere as this is 100% streaky bacon. View attachment 530870View attachment 530869
One the plus side, my last several preorders have been shipping in proper boxes with air packs from the Kentucky distribution center. Maybe there’s hope for :bestbuy: after all.
Got 2 in the mail today both from Shepherdsville Kentucky one in a bubble envelope and one in a box. Guess that explains why you always order 2. Although have experienced 2 both in bubble envelopes, which unfortunately is the usual. Agree finish is just awful.

My Best Buy steelbook was just delivered (undamaged, I think). So, luckily, looks like I have one copy for myself and can give the other to my sister's kids. Now, I haven't unwrapped either the Best Buy copy I just got or the Zavvi steelbook that arrived a few days ago, but just looking through the plastic, there is no doubt in my mind that the finish on the Zavvi edition is nicer. It's definitely got a more metallic, less streaky finish. That's definitely the one I'm keeping for myself.

Good on you, UK people. You got the nicer No Way Home steelbook.

Reactions: apsmith21
Did they say why they canceled your order? Mine has shipped and should arrive this coming week.
No reason. They just stated that my order was cancelled and were returning the funds. When I call, they tell me they don't know the exact reason either. I even stopped by this morning when they opened and there was no physical steels inside any store. Stygian was correct in that assessment. Whelp, all I can do now is wait and see if Best Buy releases these again before Christmas.

I ordered 2 and 1 showed up yesterday in a box via USPS and I received the 2nd one in a box as well from UPS today. The one from USPS has a spine slash and a loose disc inside and the one from UPS is mint. I also noticed that one has a sticker that the other one doesn't and one has a stamp on it.
Screenshot_20220412-154445_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220412-154452_Gallery.jpg

Why do they stamp the steelbook? I had a copy of ca the winter soldier with that stamp on but got rid of it when got a gloss version.

I don't know how well these pics will show the difference. The Best Buy version is quite horrible looking. Streaky matte finish a la the Hitchcock steelbooks from a few months back. The Zavvi version is better, but not great: Higher quality finish and a slight (not nearly enough) metallic effect. I'd say despite the underwhelming back art, the Amazon UK version is the best of the 3 - if you can get an undamaged copy.

Best Buy:
IMG_3903.jpg

Zavvi:
IMG_3908.jpg

No reason. They just stated that my order was cancelled and were returning the funds. When I call, they tell me they don't know the exact reason either. I even stopped by this morning when they opened and there was no physical steels inside any store. Stygian was correct in that assessment. Whelp, all I can do now is wait and see if Best Buy releases these again before Christmas.

I haven’t gone through mine yet for the group buy, but might have an extra if you want help

I ordered 2 and 1 showed up yesterday in a box via USPS and I received the 2nd one in a box as well from UPS today. The one from USPS has a spine slash and a loose disc inside and the one from UPS is mint. I also noticed that one has a sticker that the other one doesn't and one has a stamp on it.
View attachment 530908View attachment 530909

In all my years of collecting, I think this is the very first time I’ve seen that.

Things are going well for Sony with this release, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: Nova
Colors are fine. Finish is crap. Vegetarians and those keeping kosher/halal will have to look elsewhere as this is 100% streaky bacon. View attachment 530870View attachment 530869
Although mine have had an air cushion in them, this is the first time, in a long time, one was properly packed where they weren’t moving all over the box.

I’ve got an extra if you don’t mind paying shipping/PayPal fees as well as the fact that it has a loose disk. I don’t recall what the total was, but shipping would be $3.20 for media mail. Lemme know if ya want it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
Why do they stamp the steelbook? I had a copy of ca the winter soldier with that stamp on but got rid of it when got a gloss version.

The stamp is on the plastic wrap, not the steelbook. Some copies of No Way Home have it on the front and some on the back. Normally that stamp is on the back.

Reactions: MrPurps
I haven’t gone through mine yet for the group buy, but might have an extra if you want help

In all my years of collecting, I think this is the very first time I’ve seen that.

Things are going well for Sony with this release, huh?

I believe that stamp is on the shrinkwrap, not the steelbook.

Reactions: MrPurps