Release date: March 31st, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (sold out)
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

10931304-1394627606-92443.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92496.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92547.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:hilarious: £19.99!

I knew Zavvi would do this. Milking the cash cow.

1000 or not, if you purchase this for that price, you are :smashed:

:hilarious: £19.99!

I knew Zavvi would do this. Milking the cash cow.

1000 or not, if you purchase this for that price, you are :smashed:

Considering the one on Amazon.de is €16 and you have to thrown shipping on top, I dont think £20 is too bad (bviously I'd rather it was cheaper)

Considering the one on Amazon.de is €16 and you have to thrown shipping on top, I dont think £20 is too bad (bviously I'd rather it was cheaper)

I think its more that unoriginality of this. The same type of design ended up being sold by Zavvi for £9.99, as it would not shift.

It just feels like a churned out "oh everything limited print run is selling like hot cakes" title.

Would they sell 4000 of these at £14.99? no, 3000. No. 2000... no. 1000. Maybe, but I cant for the life of me see why.

Maybe make this title limited to say, 500 at 14.99 a pop. Entice the collector.

Sorry guys, don't mean to go on, but this is a lazy release, no imagination. Its almost a carbon copy of the one they could not shift last year.

Last edited:
If this has the same finish as the previous Zavvi steelbook it's sure to be a stunner. Would've preffered this artwork but hey, already have the previous one which only cost be £8 or £9 at the time so no way am I going for this. Will likely be £14.99+

Yeah, the film and multiple actors in the film are at a pretty high level of popularity. I am sure the studio and all retailers is looking at ways to sell to different markets any way they can...

ya know, im the first person that usually likes to have a go at zavvi, i mean they're just, ugh, i'll not go into it, but you cant really have a go at them releasing this can we, i mean reaaaally, as much as id like more excuses to have a go at zavvi at the end of the day people dont have to buy this, zavvi are just selling a steelbook that currently only amazon.de sell. If this was Gangster Squad for example id be all over it! Zavvi have couple of advantages over amazon, big ones being able to pay via paypal, use a discount code, use topcashback and people might prefer the packaging. We shouldnt look at it as "oooh its 1000 print you have to have this you collecting muppets" aand more like "hey guys we thought you might like a uk slip with this steelbook but we only have 1000 copies as we know theres not exactly a huge demand for it"

Reactions: joearoundtheworld
I don't even have Star Trek in steelbook, but still this release doesnt even tickle me a little bit :/ Get better artwork and try again..

i already had the german release version of this in hand a few days ago in a shop, they also had the older (black) variant that shows the other face (i'm not expert on star trek) and they overall look exactly the same (colours, finish,...).