Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zoom UK - Zavvi
Price: £35.00 (Zoom) - £34.99 (Zavvi)

Star Trek Discovery.jpg

Last edited:
Just received this in the post. Great steelbook, glossy and title debossed .... but covered in surface scratches!!!! I've had to phone them and order a replacement. Unsure if it is to do with the wrapping process, but with it being dark and full gloss it has shown up loads (and I mean loads) of scratches. Such a shame as it's a really nice steelbook.
Mine's got three dents in the back - not visible or noticeable until I removed the j-card! Grrr!!

Hadn’t opened mine after it arrived over weekend but the concerns people were raising about scuffs, slashes and dents I’ve had to check and I’ve lucked out.
nice looking steelbook though, looking forward to finally watching season 2

Over in the US via Best Buy. Mine was shipped bent. Had to find a store that still had it in stock to exchange. They had two. Both have tons of surface scratches. It can’t just be the gloss black bc season 1 was gloss black and did not have that amount of obvious surface scratches. At least it’s not bent anymore, I plan on trying to get some credit back. My guess is most of these are like this.

Zavvi now have Season 1 Steelbook listed as Sold Out

Season 1 price as far as I can remember not had any big price drops when it was in stock

Those hoping for Season 2 steelbook price drop it might not happen but you can never say never

Not happy.... again! My second (replacement) copy from Zoom arrived today ... no surface scratches :thumbs: but a big dent on the front :angry:.

They are now going to send a 3rd copy... fingers crossed!
I'm still awaiting a response to my first complaint. How did you contact them?

I'm still awaiting a response to my first complaint. How did you contact them?

Complain publicly on social media. I've gotten quicker response that way than standard email... although they still haven't resolved charging me for a cancelled order.

I ordered this from zavvi as soon as it went live and used 10% off i see in my emails it says all or part of my order blah blah will be canceled and if money taken i will be refunded i checked on my order and its ok should I ignore this email or have them simply not canceled it yet or is this email an error. Was it the fact that i used 10% they want to cancel as its not as if i was bit late in ordering i would think i got in very early but not as early as red carpet members if they had first dibs.
Wondering if others got this email with order still in place.

I probably ordered it 2 days ago and around uk time 1pm as said its still showing as ok im my zavvi account and got email about 7 hrs ago it be canceled.

Zavvi just cancelled by order and i ordered it as soon as it went live 2 days later they cancel it. And yet you can still place an order anyone else order this and has it been dispatched?

Zavvi just cancelled by order and i ordered it as soon as it went live 2 days later they cancel it. And yet you can still place an order anyone else order this and has it been dispatched?
Is your order listed as cancelled in your order history
If your order is still listed as processing in your order history then it has not been cancelled

Zavvi have sent cancelled emails before on some releases but was an error and not actually cancelled

Is your order listed as cancelled in your order history
If your order is still listed as processing in your order history then it has not been cancelled
I got an email yesterday saying it was going to be canceled ie no stock and it was not canceled in my account but they have now shows canceled in my account. Lol i just went and ordered another if these clowns dont have any they take it off website. What bugs me is i ordered it two days ago when it went live.

Received mine today from Zoom. Luckily, it doesn't have any noticable flaws, dagame etc. There's a very small paint dot/mistake in the front cover, but it's barely noticable. The steelbook itself is quite nice, but it was really disappointing that the discs don't have any artwork in them. S1 discs had some decent artwork.