Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 13 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12663349-1074788295396560.jpg

12663349-3604788295670019.jpg
12663349-8194788295737567.jpg

Last edited:
But I don't want to get used to it. Streaming is crap compared to physical media.
Disney are launching a new international streaming service in 2021 called Star it's will be separate streaming service to Disney+

A lot of the content on Star will be Fox films
USA will be Hulu service that will have the fox films

These will be films age rated that would not be on Disney+

There is a lot of discussion on BD forum as to what will be happening to Fox Film Titles to be Digital/streaming only

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
But I don't want to get used to it. Streaming is crap compared to physical media.

I’ll always buy physical media but I don’t buy everything. That I’m thankful for Netflix etc for my series I watch and docs with the odd film. I’ll never get Disney + tho. No point. I own it all lol

Good for them. That's why they shouldn't be expecting my money. They don't need it.
I used to love Disney when younger. FAC Disney now though.
You don't have a choice if you want 4K releases of live action films that Disney own the rights to

Blu-ray/DVD releases will still happen but not 4K UHD of Fox titles

Disney though might go with an the option of licence out to third party labels but that is not 100% will happen

For me Phyiscal > Streaming for movies, but Streaming > Physical for TV shows I think. I love all my physical media, but I have to say Netflix makes it easy to binge a show with the auto-play after 20 seconds. Especially if it's a sitcom, having to change disk constantly get's annoying. Sack Disney + though, they have soured me by releasing it in the US first instead of worldwide.

Sure I have a choice :angel:
If you want back catalog films on 4K UHD you will only have option of purchasing 4K digital copy or use a streaming service

It don't affect new films still to come to cinemas these will still get physical discs nor does it affect back catalog of Disney Animated films or live action Star Wars/Marvel films
James Cameron back catalog films also not affected

It's the back catalog live action films Disney/Fox that not getting 4K UHD Physical Discs

I give you an example
If you wanted 4K UHD Physical Disc release of say Planet of the Apes (1968) or some other Disney/Fox live action film that has not yet got a 4K UHD release
A 4K UHD release will be Digital/streaming only going by Disney decision

• Informative
@paulboland
Disney is killing cinema and the movie industry ...buying franchises, but dont plan to use them. they building a monopol, but most dont see it.
do you really think they will release a r-rated Predator or Alien movie or a Deadpool 3 in the same style as the prequels?
they rather lock all franchises in their vault forever, than selling them.
disney is hypocritical, so again, f#ck disney!!!

Last edited:
If you want back catalog films on 4K UHD you will only have option of purchasing 4K digital copy or use a streaming service

It don't affect new films still to come to cinemas these will still get physical discs nor does it affect Disney Animated films or live action Star Wars/Marvel films
James Cameron back catalog films also not affected

It's the back catalog live action films Disney/Fox that not getting 4K UHD Physical Discs

I give you an example
If you wanted 4K UHD Physical Disc release of say Planet of the Apes (1968) or some other Disney/Fox live action film that has not yet got a 4K UHD release
A 4K UHD release will be Digital/streaming only going by Disney decision
Yeah, that's fine. It's their products, so they can do as they like with them. As the consumers we can do as we like with our cash. They don't support physical media, I will not support any of their streaming services.

Let’s face it, Disney will try this with the fox films and vaulted Disney classics for 4K only streaming and it won’t work. They will eventually still release older titles with 4K or whatever. It won’t last and it won’t affect us except waiting a extra year or 2 for the titles they try it out on. Or they’ll also release it on physical disc later down the line. If it happens at all. No need to panic

I worry that if the Mulan thing works out ("Buy Disney+ AND pay more money to watch a movie!"), it's going to end up costing more and more just to watch a movie that you only "own" an intangible copy of for a limited amount of time. I'm with @DMD4k —there are plenty of things available to watch in the world, so if Disney+ is the only way to see something, then I'll just choose to miss it.

I worry that if the Mulan thing works out ("Buy Disney+ AND pay more money to watch a movie!"), it's going to end up costing more and more just to watch a movie that you only "own" an intangible copy of for a limited amount of time. I'm with @DMD4k —there are plenty of things available to watch in the world, so if Disney+ is the only way to see something, then I'll just choose to miss it.
I had read about the extra cost but just learning you get to own the copy for a limited amount of time!!! I expected it to be a straight out purchase. Shocking.

Let’s face it, Disney will try this with the fox films and vaulted Disney classics for 4K only streaming and it won’t work. They will eventually still release older titles with 4K or whatever. It won’t last and it won’t affect us except waiting a extra year or 2 for the titles they try it out on. Or they’ll also release it on physical disc later down the line. If it happens at all. No need to panic
Disney Classics Animated films are not affected these will still get physical disc releases be it Blu-ray or 4K UHD
Star Wars/Marvel films are also not affected they will still get 4K UHD Disc releases

New cinema releases coming soon and later will also still get physical disc releases.
Mulan will get a physical disc release as it's a new live action film

It's live action back catalog films from Disney/Fox and other labels Disney own that is affected

James Cameron Films are also not affected these will continue to get physical disc releases
As in Aliens/Avatar/Abyss as an example will still get 4K UHD Disc releases whenever they plan on releasing these.

Disney Classics Animated films are not affected these will still get physical disc releases be it Blu-ray or 4K UHD
Star Wars/Marvel films are also not affected they will still get 4K UHD Disc releases

New cinema releases coming soon and later will also still get physical disc releases.
Mulan will get a physical disc release as it's a new live action film

It's live action back catalog films from Disney/Fox and other labels Disney own that is affected

James Cameron Films are also not affected these will continue to get physical disc releases
As in Aliens/Avatar/Abyss as an example will still get 4K UHD Disc releases whenever they plan on releasing these.

yeah I know. I said fox releases and vaulted disney releases. And I never implied I meant animation. Never said anything about new releases or Mulan either or Star Wars or marvel :wacky:

I read that piece on it. Read the Cameron info. Also never mentioned that either lol

Mulan live action will get a physical disc release as ususl a few months after Cinema/Disney+ release
New films are not affected

Mulan will still been shown in some cinemas in countries that do not have the Disney+ Service

There is a lot of cinemas still closed in some countries and the few that are open are restricted to number of customers allowed inside the cinemas

Disney+ for those already subscribed to the service £5.99/€6.99 a month or cheaper if paid for annual subscription £59.99/€69.99
Mulan cost is a one off payment of $29.99 (£22.95) you can few as many times as you like

If you don't want to pay the $29.99(£22.95) for Mulan to see it on it's first release it will be available at a later stage as normal part of the Disney+ Subscription or wait for the home media physical disc releases

Disney+ has already got 60 million subscribers globally
Disney would make more money for Mulan at the moment from Disney+ than it would from a cinema release due to how Covid-19 has affected cinemas around the world

Reactions: RMA