Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing is, all you sealed collectors probably have 40% of your collection with imperfections, Scratches, marks, hairline scratches, chips, small dents etc etc which you’ll never properly see so this release probably don’t matter anyway, you can barely see the marks when it’s sealed. So if any of you sealed collector weirdos ( :coffee: :LOL:) did complain and you got a partial refund then touché from you to Zavvi. Plus you get your first ever open steelbook. Like losing your virginity

imagine if there is a sealed collector who’s never seen a open unsealed steelbook before and the unsealed replacement puts them off SteelBooks forever :wacky::rofl:
sealed collector 4 life!!!
8Du.gif

Funny thing is, all you sealed collectors probably have 40% of your collection with imperfections, Scratches, marks, hairline scratches, chips, small dents etc etc which you’ll never properly see so this release probably don’t matter anyway, you can barely see the marks when it’s sealed. So if any of you sealed collector weirdos ( :coffee: :LOL:) did complain and you got a partial refund then touché from you to Zavvi. Plus you get your first ever open steelbook. Like losing your virginity

imagine if there is a sealed collector who’s never seen a open unsealed steelbook before and the unsealed replacement puts them off SteelBooks forever :wacky::rofl:
Unsealing the Weet Infinity War slip was a traumatizing experience.

Reply to my message to Scanavo:-

"Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you will receive a new and undamaged SteelBook® case.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to change the artwork for you, as that is up to Disney’s. However, I have heard that most of the fans would have preferred another artwork for this edition, so I assume Disney has too But something like this is also something you will need to reach out to the retailer/studio about.

Have a great day and thanks again for the support.

Best,

Jullie"

My original message:-
Dear Jullie,

Thank you for your advice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you suggested I reached out to Zavvi and they replied that replacement empty cases will be sent out in October 2020 after they have been printed:-

"Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the case that the replacements have not yet been printed it would be excellent news if the artwork on the front of the STAR WARS V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook was changed as fans are universally disappointed as this is the one steelbook that looks out of place among the others ...

1598879944874.png

... and speaking as someone who will be investing £330 in this "Star Wars" steelbook collection a change of art would be the very best news I could read during this annus horribilis.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

I may be alone in preferring this image to the "Gone With the Wind" poster but if there's a chance they change the front I'd be happiest with this one:-
1598880469225.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bdawg138
Everyone else: Sign this petition for the racist statues to be removed.... sign this petition for harsher sentences for people who abuse animals..... sign this petition for justice on police officers who kill innocent people

Steelbook collectors: Sign this petition to get the empire strikes back art changed!

Crazy

Reply to my message to Scanavo:-

"Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you will receive a new and undamaged SteelBook® case.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to change the artwork for you, as that is up to Disney’s. However, I have heard that most of the fans would have preferred another artwork for this edition, so I assume Disney has too But something like this is also something you will need to reach out to the retailer/studio about.

Have a great day and thanks again for the support.

Best,

Jullie"

My original message:-
Dear Jullie,

Thank you for your advice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you suggested I reached out to Zavvi and they replied that replacement empty cases will be sent out in October 2020 after they have been printed:-

"Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the case that the replacements have not yet been printed it would be excellent news if the artwork on the front of the STAR WARS V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook was changed as fans are universally disappointed as this is the one steelbook that looks out of place among the others ...

View attachment 483672

... and speaking as someone who will be investing £330 in this "Star Wars" steelbook collection a change of art would be the very best news I could read during this annus horribilis.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

I may be alone in preferring this image to the "Gone With the Wind" poster but if there's a chance they change the front I'd be happiest with this one:-
View attachment 483674

I'm only concerned about how the steelbooks will be shipped from Scanavo to Zavvi and then Zavvi to us. Will they be shrink-wrapped? Or placed in poly bags? If left bare they will be scratched when they get to us.

that's the message I got from zavvi

Hello Ann,

Thank you for contacting us to arrange a return.
You will shortly receive another email which contains instructions on how to return your goods for a refund.
If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
a retarded employee

So I was offered 20% back for Empire and RoTJ. I'm kinda OK with that for Empire, but RoTJ has spine slash and I'd want to sell it and maybe buy a better copy (at significant premium it seems), but I don't know if I"ll get my money back. That'd reduce my cost to 32, but after fees I'd probably have to get about 40+ shipping to break even.

Would you risk it or just return it to Zavvi?

Still waiting for my copy, the empty replacement will probably arrive before this , would not surprise me if they have this back in stock soon with returns and anyone who wants replacement etc will get the same ones back lol.
Weird how two others of the set have arrived but this one aint yet.