Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Aug 23, 2013
Release date: April 30, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99

91-6GjbLcTL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Release date is April 30, 2020

i really just don't understand disney's title-less and spine heads...
Disney Europe and Disney UK are separate distributors
This why you see most UK releases have title on spine and a lot european/asia releases have photos on the spine

There has been on a few recent rare occasions UK and Europe sharing the same steelbook examples Zootropolis/Dumbo (Disney Europe did the print run for those titles and not Disney UK) with photos on the spine but most Disney UK releases are separate from Disney Europe releases when it comes to disney own film releases.

Disney UK Steelbooks print run some get shared with select european countries on occasions but the other european countries will be shared print run from Disney Europe

Reactions: goufcustom
The problem being there's no consistency, Disney are all over the ******* place they don't seem to have a clue what to do with European releases.

I understand their logic with the heads on the spine but it didn't stop them from releasing Solo and Rogue One with English title in Germany.

If UK really does have a separate print run to rest of Europe (which I doubt) then there was no excuse for a title-less Force Awakens or any other UK release for that matter.

It really pisses me off I can't buy a movie with an English title in the country where the language originated but you can in America, just plain greed/cost cutting by the big studios.

Disney's UK steels have been utter crap for the last few years imo and now they've got Fox under their wing things will only get worse.
it's already started Le Mans is a perfect example and to make matters worse it was advertised with a title on zavvi's site. (******* disgrace)

If theses studios are really that tight they should just do one big print run with English title and cover it with j-card for other regions, seems to be working out okay for Blufans/Kimchi ect.

The problem being there's no consistency, Disney are all over the ******* place they don't seem to have a clue what to do with European releases.

I understand their logic with the heads on the spine but it didn't stop them from releasing Solo and Rogue One with English title in Germany.

If UK really does have a separate print run to rest of Europe (which I doubt) then there was no excuse for a title-less Force Awakens or any other UK release for that matter.

It really pisses me off I can't buy a movie with an English title in the country where the language originated but you can in America, just plain greed/cost cutting by the big studios.

Disney's UK steels have been utter crap for the last few years imo and now they've got Fox under their wing things will only get worse.
it's already started Le Mans is a perfect example and to make matters worse it was advertised with a title on zavvi's site. (******* disgrace)

If theses studios are really that tight they should just do one big print run with English title and cover it with j-card for other regions, seems to be working out okay for Blufans/Kimchi ect.
Force Awakens was different it was after this release Disney UK decided on separate print runs that is why you saw title on spine for most later UK releases apart from other releases I listed that was not as these was Disney Europe only releases
It was Force Awakens complaints about the spine that brought about the later separate Disney UK releases

There is still some disney releases that are Disney Europe/Asia with no separate UK print run

It's very obvious the later steelbook releases between UK and Europe are separate print runs as some same film releases has title on the spine/front and other europe releases does not

Some Disney UK releases print runs gets shared with select countries in Europe and other countries get the Disney Europe print run

Rogue One and Solo: A Star Wars Story both had separate prints runs
Disney UK release of these films was shared with some countries (that is why Germany release was same as UK for those films) and some other european countries had the photos on spine release as these came from Disney Europe

There also has been shared Disney Europe print run only releases and is why all of these have photos on the spine
Force Awakens/Zootropolis/Dumbo/ and live action Alice Through the looking Glass/The Jungle Book and some of the Marvel films

Last edited:
Reactions: jailbird_joey