SteelBook™ Price Drop/Back in stock/On Sale/Sold out alert (Retailer/Ebay)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Post all actual deals, codes, price drops/on sale/back in stock deals from established retailers here. (No advertising of private, smaller, or unverified shops). Please include the link to the item or sale. No trading or wants, or chatter, please. Please start separate chat threads in Steelbook chat forum, and keep this thread to alerts.

Note-all 'one time use' codes should be posted in this new thread.

This is the new retailer deal/Ebay thread. Please subscribe to the thread for updates on deals/alerts (at the top under 'Watch Thread').
Thanks all!

For general Blu-ray & Movie Deals, subscribe to this forum
View attachment 82531

price drop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Madness lol.
I say it again, I just don't know how you guys can afford to be collectors in this day and age. My running theory is that most of you have already collected what you're happy with and so now can be selective and stick mostly to the premium releases going forward.
You must be committed to collection buddy.
Not even sure if my meager lot would collect 1 grand on the resale market. I started way to late in the game.
Mind you, it may be small but it's lovingly curated and ever growing :rofl:

You must have some nice ones pre ordered on the ever moving movie conveyor belt.
Well this is a grand going up to September. Which is still probably more than I can actually afford. And I have several high price items. The recent transformers 6 movie set which tried to take payment this week I probably will cancel. I only ordered it as a placeholder but I ended up getting the harry potter set. The Fifth element and leon sets are another 100 each. But I will almost certainly have to cancel somethings.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Madness lol.
I say it again, I just don't know how you guys can afford to be collectors in this day and age. My running theory is that most of you have already collected what you're happy with and so now can be selective and stick mostly to the premium releases going forward.
You must be committed to collection buddy.
Not even sure if my meager lot would collect 1 grand on the resale market. I started way to late in the game.

You must have some nice ones pre ordered on the ever moving movie conveyor belt.
A small but lovingly curated and ever growing collection is a great place to be :thumbs:

Everyone has a finite space and resource to keep investing, then you have to resort to offloading part of the collection to keep going, or find a sweet spot in being content :D

It's when you've sold your second kidney to keep the collection going, you know you are in trouble :rofl:

A small but lovingly curated and ever growing collection is a great place to be :thumbs:

Everyone has a finite space and resource to keep investing, then you have to resort to offloading part of the collection to keep going, or find a sweet spot in being content :D

It's when you've sold your second kidney to keep the collection going, you know you are in trouble :rofl:
I'm certainly starting to worry about space although my next move is to move dvds from my upstairs shelves and move some standard amarays from my main shelf to make way for steels lol.

Reactions: GeoRattray
My running theory is that most of you have already collected what you're happy with and so now can be selective and stick mostly to the premium releases going forward.
True, true.
But at some point buying a tenth edition even of a favorite movie one has to say 'enough', and maybe better get something new, something missed or overlooked.
I personally concentrated lately on films from the 80's and 90's that missed, because those years were packed with good movies, and all the actor faces are familiar, so even an average flick is appreciated and feels good.

That's what every guy with a small... collection says. :naughty:

First rule of Fight Club Collecting: Never let it become a nuisance or a chore. It's a hobby, secondary to having food and other stuff! Meaning don't get into debt slavery because of it!

Second rule: Don't let such measly obstacles as 'space' dictate what editions, or how many, you buy. I've seen collectors go for 'space saving' Slimline case editions of TV seasons, now extremely regretting not buying those beautiful digipacks I have. Or skipping $100 Predator 'head', Alien egg, etc. Which leads into...

Third Rule: You will never be content, you will never be complete. Those starting now, or in the past few years, you have to realize you already missed a lot, and you'll never get most of it now. That said, don't obsess over any edition, because the day you get it, there will be a better looking, better sounding one coming out.

Of course there are exceptions to each rule, but they're pretty solid overall.

True, true.
But at some point buying a tenth edition even of a favorite movie one has to say 'enough', and maybe better get something new, something missed or overlooked.
I personally concentrated lately on films from the 80's and 90's that missed, because those years were packed with good movies, and all the actor faces are familiar, so even an average flick is appreciated and feels good.

That's what every guy with a small... collection says. :naughty:

First rule of Fight Club Collecting: Never let it become a nuisance or a chore. It's a hobby, secondary to having food and other stuff! Meaning don't get into debt slavery because of it!

Second rule: Don't let such measly obstacles as 'space' dictate what editions, or how many, you buy. I've seen collectors go for 'space saving' Slimline case editions of TV seasons, now extremely regretting not buying those beautiful digipacks I have. Or skipping $100 Predator 'head', Alien egg, etc. Which leads into...

Third Rule: You will never be content, you will never be complete. Those starting now, or in the past few years, you have to realize you already missed a lot, and you'll never get most of it now. That said, don't obsess over any edition, because the day you get it, there will be a better looking, better sounding one coming out.

Of course there are exceptions to each rule, but they're pretty solid overall.
I have always been primarily a collector of movies because I enjoy watching movies. Collecting sets for the sake of collecting is a fairly recent thing for me. I mean the bottom line for me is being able to watch the movies I love in the best quality possible. Which is why the majority of my money currently goes to buying 4k pre orders. Every so often I have spare cash and I might look at getting a premium but for the most part I don't get them, although I do like them.-

For some reason they no longer show up in the offer but they're still in it if you go to the pages directly

Elvis is also in it but not showing in the list, there may be others but HMV doesn't always group their steelbooks properly so you'd have to check individually (ie Black Adam doesn't show in their steelbook section, it's in exclusives instead)

I have always been primarily a collector of movies because I enjoy watching movies. Collecting sets for the sake of collecting is a fairly recent thing for me. I mean the bottom line for me is being able to watch the movies I love in the best quality possible. Which is why the majority of my money currently goes to buying 4k pre orders. Every so often I have spare cash and I might look at getting a premium but for the most part I don't get them, although I do like them.-
There was a time I was in this mode; only snagging the movie and not the premium. But my attitude changed when the price of steels started to be consistently in the 40 dollar range. I remember thinking to myself, "Self, why are you spending 40 on this steel when 10 dollars more gives you so much more.

I have several steels I look at today and I'm like "Why did I get this?". There are no premiums in my collection that make me question my motives. Plus, they're wicked cool!!!! Well, the one's I've opened anyway. LOL.

Reactions: a_o and JinxyKatte
Gruv is having a crazy days - steelbook steals sale going on.

Fast and furious 20th anniversary 4k steelbook $9.99

Harry potter 8 film 4k steelbook collection $169.99

A few older blu-ray steelbooks for $6.99-$7.99