Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 14, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $39.99

strange-world-4ksteel-overview.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
That's a nice wraparound art. Bit odd the title isn't central, but I can deal with it. Probably glossed and debossed it in the US, surprised if the UK get anything other than flat matte again..

Reactions: tommyh84
Prettae... but gotta watch it first.
Looks like a Journey to the Center of the World variation.

As the UK/Europe is not getting the 4K steelbook (blu ray only) I'm hoping there might be a group buy for this one

How much do you think it will cost? What's the price on Disney new releases nowadays in US, I haven't bought anything of theirs in over a decade.

As the UK/Europe is not getting the 4K steelbook (blu ray only) I'm hoping there might be a group buy for this one

I can post something on Jan 1 for members.

35usd is typical I think. Some may have been 30, not sure.

Yep, it's $34.99 + sales tax for Disney titles - been that way for a few years now.

The artwork on the SteelBook looks nice (even with off-centered title), too bad that the movie itself is not so nice.
Honestly, I thought Disney would do something REALLY EXTRAORDINARY for celebrating the 100 years.
Yet, the wave of SteelBooks with older movies, and this movie, proved the contrary, just bland and insipid.
(don't get me wrong, please, the movie shows a lot of imagination in the design and all the creatures in it, yet it has forgot to add the main thing: a GOOD subject/plot; I think also some of the Top Critics on Rotten said that exact thing)

The artwork on the SteelBook looks nice (even with off-centered title), too bad that the movie itself is not so nice.
Honestly, I thought Disney would do something REALLY EXTRAORDINARY for celebrating the 100 years.
Yet, the wave of SteelBooks with older movies, and this movie, proved the contrary, just bland and insipid.
(don't get me wrong, please, the movie shows a lot of imagination in the design and all the creatures in it, yet it has forgot to add the main thing: a GOOD subject/plot; I think also some of the Top Critics on Rotten said that exact thing)
Technically even tho this has the Disney100 logo it's not quite (the film released to celebrate 100 years) I believe that film is next years Wish. Which given the changing of hands again from Bob to Bob back to Bob It should hit a more positive note. I enjoyed Strange World for what it was however I can see (particularly how kids will be disconnected with this compared to something like Wreck it Ralph or Frozen)

Technically even tho this has the Disney100 logo it's not quite (the film released to celebrate 100 years) I believe that film is next years Wish. Which given the changing of hands again from Bob to Bob back to Bob It should hit a more positive note. I enjoyed Strange World for what it was however I can see (particularly how kids will be disconnected with this compared to something like Wreck it Ralph or Frozen)
I'm not aware of any other animation from Disney/Pixar for the next year, to celebrate the 100-th. Yet, I also didn't know about this one until recently. So, what do I know....

I can't say (by my age) that I am still a child, yet, those two mentioned by you were MUCH more engaging and INFINITELY more FUN than Strange World. (so I'm guessing am still a child at the core, right? :happy:)

So, what about something like Soul or Up then? Good enough for STRONG SUBJECT in your view? In mine, can't even begin to compare with this SW, which, I think was the first time when I saw a movie in two parts/nights, about a half one night and the other few nights after (so not even thinked to go on the next day).

Honestly, this story is close to crap. I think they wanted somehow to (on the very far side) infer that we should find another source of power, or will destroy ourselves. Good that they got some imagination designing the world and its „inhabitants”. But that was frankly not enough.

I mean even that "we need another power source" got done by Monster Inc, scream energy got replaced by laughter energy.
I think you did not realized why I put the SPOILER: that change is about our real world, not that imaginative of laughter over scream as was in the Monsters Inc.. They (I think) tried to make the kids nowadays unknowingly understand that a change MUST be done, sooner rather than later... but I think I digress ... SteelBook artwork nice, movie not so much. That's my opinion by now, regardless any and all technicalities... or differences...

I think you did not realized why I put the SPOILER: that change is about our real world, not that imaginative of laughter over scream as was in the Monsters Inc.. They (I think) tried to make the kids nowadays unknowingly understand that a change MUST be done, sooner rather than later... but I think I digress ... SteelBook artwork nice, movie not so much. That's my opinion by now, regardless any and all technicalities... or differences...
Well I'm still I newbie here. I don't know the full ins and out of how to do SPOILERS but thanks for making a newbie feel dumb. Deleted last comment to avoid "spoilers" if could delete the qoute then we are gold

Last edited: