Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: February 6, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

Strange World.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly unlike Luca and Turning red which both got a normal 4k release at least It seems there is on UK 4k
Honestly, not that it really matters. Disney's animated efforts are rarely much/any better on 4K blu-ray, than they are on D+. That is coming from someone who owns the vast majority btw.

makes sense UK/europe would be next to have no 4k physical release especially if the movie underperforms in theatres (albeit in the weeks between two of the biggest movies of the year/decade already)

I use Disney+ now for most of Disney/Pixar/Marvel releases
I rarely now purchase physical media releases

Exception is the Marvel films I purchase on UHD Disc sometimes but not all
Previously I purchased all on Physical Media before Disney+ was available

Disney+ provides 4K UHD and Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos with the new films and with some of the back catalogue
You also get the Imax enchanced content for Marvel Films

You also get access to the new films on Disney+ lot quicker than the physical media release
Extras also get added at a later stage and some films you get the extras from day one
Strange World on Disney+ is 4K UHD and Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
The extras will be available a few months later

Picture and Sound Quality is good on Disney+ so the need to purchase physical media not really needed now especially when you consider the cost invoved with disney UHD discs

Disney+ in Europe is €89.90 a year annual subscription (12 months for the price of 10) and that also includes Star (Fox Films back catalogue and new content from 20th Century Studios)
That gives me access to all Disney/Pixar/Marvel content including some Films/TV Shows that don't even have a physical media release and access to a lot of Fox Films and National Geographic content

Yeah but some of us enjoy collecting things like 4ks, plus physical media is always there on the shelf. Zavvi may do another wave of 4k in a few years given we in the UK are still waiting on Pirates and who knows what else could be glossed over in 4k releases in the UK in 2023. Just seems a shame that Disney pushed out all the back catalogue titles on 2021 but now are falling behind again. And I'm aware this is just me personally and most people couldn't give two hoots

Just blu ray?
Not just Blu-ray, Disney Blu-ray!
... :meh:

I use Disney+ now for most of Disney/Pixar/Marvel releases
I rarely now purchase physical media releases

I don't use Disney+, because I don't want to be a willful lifelong slave to their, or anyone's streaming 'service'.

I buy physical media very often, every 2-3 days, or at least once a week.

Exception is Disney/Marvel/Star Wars diarrhea of projects that I download in 2160p for free, because they've decided so.

Disney+ in Europe is €89.90 a year annual subscription, for a temporary right to stream, while I might not want, and not watch any Disney titles that particular year, and next one it's another 90, and another, for the same catalog, that might, has, and probably will get altered or removed at their whimsy.

I rather have it all stay on physical HDDs for whenever I decide to watch it.

:naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Same as Luca and turning red. Did sh!t in the cinema and already on D+, so can't say I'm surprised. That seems to be Disney's logic with UK releases now.
It's almost a tenner cheaper than the 4k version so I prefer this as a choice.
But am still not biting.
Like you say, it's on d+... why would I bother (only kept up for 3d disc as 3d was never available for streaming)

Reactions: samdavies
It’s not a bad steel in hand. Still colourful and has metallic shine that works with the colour but yeah I meant rubbish as in its matte. Not shocked at all. Plus you know the US will be full gloss

The movie is extremely dumb and boring, even if one doesn't think about how so many ethnicities developed in an isolated community.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Is that a title? On the front?

So for the weakest film, the one that pretty much had no advertising and bombed, they put a title on the front

I just find that…kind of hilarious