Stranger Things (2018) [Dark Horse/Netflix]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
The first Stranger Things miniseries will come from the creative team of writer Jody Houser and artists Stefano Martino, Keith Champagne, Lauren Affe and Nate Piekos, and will reveal what happened to Will Byers after he was taken to the Upside Down in Season 1. Since Will spent the majority of the first season stuck in the Upside Down, the new miniseries will provide fans with their first look at what type of dangers and creatures the young boy experienced during his time away.

“Dark Horse is known for championing stories and storytellers,” Dark Horse President Mike Richardson said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. “We are so excited to work with Netflix to bring the world of Stranger Things to comics.” Part of the Netflix and Dark Horse partnership will include “a multi-year publishing line”

Stranger Things #1 from Jody Houser, Stefano Martino, Keith Champagne, Lauren Affe and Nate Piekos will arrive on September 26 from Dark Horse Comics.

stranger-things-cover-1.jpeg stranger-things-cover-2.jpeg stranger-things-cover-3.jpeg

Official solicitation for issue #1 that's coming in September 26th plus a look at the photo variant cover:

Stranger Things #1
  • Jody Houser (W), Stefano Martino (P), Keith Champagne (I), Lauren Affe (C), Aleksi Briclot (Cover), Rafael Albuquerque (Variant cover), Kyle Lambert (Variant cover), and Patrick Satterfield (Photo variant)
  • FC, 32 pages
  • $3.99
  • Miniseries
  • The nostalgia-igniting hit Netflix original series comes to comic shelves. Follow Will Byers into a dimension of decay and destruction where he must use his wits and resolve to dodge the pursuit of the Demogorgon and escape the Upside Down.
  • Written by award-winning comics veteran Jody Houser (Faith, Orphan Black, Mother Panic).
  • Based on Will’s unseen journey during season 1 of hit Netflix show Stranger Things.
STHGS-1-VAR-CVR-4X6-SOL.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
Really looking forward to reading this, I’ve just recieved issue 3 but I’m waiting to collect them all before reading them (I have no patience waiting a month between issues!) plus my copy of issue one arrived after issue 2 as it was the forbidden planet variant cover signed by Ben Oliver
9720118A-B7B5-47FA-B831-4952C9430BFA.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
nice

have you read any issues yet?

I've still to pick any up so might wait and see if there is a collected/GN book released further down the line