Upcoming Stranger Things (Season 5) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
STRANGER THINGS - NETFLIX
All Episodes - July 15 2016

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

stranger things netflix.jpg

I was planning to take my time with season 3, but I couldn't help myself and ended up binging it all yesterday. Such an amazing show! Love how they have the ability to introduce new likeable characters each time, who become instant favourites... Robin is a great addition to the team -- am I the only one who didn't realise she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter? Hopefully they don't keep us waiting another 2 years for the next season!

Just finished watching. Loved it so much better than season 2.

Can’t stop singing never ending story in my head...

What do you all think?

Not gonna lie... that was one of the standout moments for me. It was so out of the blue and during a really intense moment, yet somehow it fit in perfectly lol. I never doubted Suzie was real for a second, and I really hope we get to see more of her. Hell, I'd love to see what happened during Dustin's Summer Camp break!

I was planning to take my time with season 3, but I couldn't help myself and ended up binging it all yesterday. Such an amazing show! Love how they have the ability to introduce new likeable characters each time, who become instant favourites... Robin is a great addition to the team -- am I the only one who didn't realise she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter? Hopefully they don't keep us waiting another 2 years for the next season!

Yep she was a good additional and did know who were here parents. She was recently in the bbc version of little women as jo and she was very good.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Not gonna lie... that was one of the standout moments for me. It was so out of the blue and during a really intense moment, yet somehow it fit in perfectly lol. I never doubted Suzie was real for a second, and I really hope we get to see more of her. Hell, I'd love to see what happened during Dustin's Summer Camp break!

Yep totally agree, for me it was the look on everyone’s faces as they were singing, especially the parents who were waitin for the code in the bunker. Priceless

Dustin is one of my favs

• Haha
Just started on this last night, watched the first 4 episodes, Brilliant stuff.:thumbs:

Already hooked :rofl: Can't wait to watch some more tonight.

• Thanks
Yep she was a good additional and did know who were here parents. She was recently in the bbc version of little women as jo and she was very good.
The only reason I found out was because I kept thinking she bared a resemblance to a young Uma, so I Googled her and was surprised to discover it's because she's her daughter lol.

Yep totally agree, for me it was the look on everyone’s faces as they were singing, especially the parents who were waitin for the code in the bunker. Priceless

Dustin is one of my favs
Haha yeah, the reactions are what made that scene. Gaten has a great singing voice in real life, so it was nice to see them use it in the show.

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
It gets better with each episode IMO. It's one of those shows where I tell myself "just one more", and then all of a sudden I've watched the entire season lol.
Yeah it was like that last night for me mate :whistle: Ended up till around 4 i think watching it :oohyeah:

What an incredible season! :drool: @tridon nailed it with his AWESOME review on IG :cool: :thumbs:

*SPOILERS*
I’m a sucker for movies/shows that hit me with a brick of 1980s nostalgia, so I’ve been very fond of STRANGER THINGS since the beginning. Season 1 was masterful and Season 2 was excellent with the exception of one very bad episode that was a horrible mistake. STRANGER THINGS 3 doesn’t make a single mistake — it starts slow as it reintroduces us to its robust cast of characters and then amps up the adventures, laughs, and horror (oh, and the show’s horror is at an all-time high with this season) until the balls-to-the-wall climax of the final episode. Everything is so much bigger this season and while bigger isn’t always better, it certainly was brilliant in this show’s case. It’s wonderful to see the original five kids return (Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and Eleven — who now goes by Elle), though their paths all go in different directions at times until their imminent reunion. The new friend amongst the group, last season’s Max, is also wonderful and I truly enjoyed seeing her friendship with Elle blossom. Max’s brother, Billy, also returns this season and plays a very important role throughout this year’s storyline. Nancy and Jonathan are back, their story going in a slower-paced direction as they try to solve a mystery within their town of Hawkins, Indiana. This season’s main highlights come from two very specific group of characters: 1) Joyce and Hopper who’re discovering a strange Russian-led conspiracy that’s going on in town, and 2) Steve and newcomer Robin, co-workers at Scoops Ahoy who also stumble across the Russian conspiracy after Dustin brings it to them (the fourth member in this gang of misfits is Lucas’ little sister, Erica). Steve and Robin definitely increased the overall enjoyment of STRANGER THINGS 3. I loved every single scene that they appeared in (Robin is played by Maya Hawke, the real-life daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, and she was fantastic!). Honestly, it’s been three days since I finished the new season and I can’t stop thinking about it. The first few episodes left me feeling like the first season was going to still be best... —— CONTINUED IN FIRST POST BELOW

But by the time ‘The Battle of Starcourt’, the final episode of this season, started, I knew I was watching something special (the final minutes of the final episode are truly beautiful). Did I mention the horror? If you’re a fan of THE BLOB or any type of body horror/creature feature hybrid, you’re gonna love this. The Mind Flayer is one bad-ass monster and I loved every second it was on-screen. Don’t put this season of STRANGER THINGS on the back-burner; it needs to be watched ASAP. It’s so damn good and quite possibly one of the best seasons of any TV show I’ve ever watched. Score: 5/5