4K-UK Superman (4K Blu-ray) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
PURCHASE HERE

sm1.jpg

That is a really nice looking slipcover.

From Zavvi:

"Decades before blockbuster Extended Cuts were common, Superman proved a true "Man of Tomorrow." Superman: The Movie received an ahead-of-its-time makeover for its television premiere - nearly 40 more minutes of story, creating a two-night television event. Audiences had already been swept off their feet by Christopher Reeve's Last Son of Krypton, and now there was more to enjoy. Unseen in decades, this version is paired here with Richard Donner's definitive vision of his film, the Special Edition Director's Cut (2000), to create a supersized celebration of Metropolis' favourite son that preserves the director's intent while feeding superfan demands."

Does anybody know if that 2 night TV airing edition is the same as the expanded edition that was released in the Superman: 5 Film Collection box set?

81-ydTsFAoL._SL1500_.jpg

If not then I have to get this just for the Blu-ray. I don't have a 4K setup.

I watched that 2 night television event in Canada when I was a kid. Back before affordable VHS releases or even affordable VHS recorders, I recorded the audio of that 2 night airing on audio cassette tapes and listened to it many times.

I later did the same for the Star Wars Trilogy when all 3 movies were released together in the theatre and the price of admission was only the regular ticket price.