Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £129.99

71-3eCt3ZsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 14272832-4285029655973873 Large.jpeg14272832-1375029656019095 Large.jpeg14272832-1935029656278571 (1) Large.jpeg14272832-1195029656300720 Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi pages for both Boxset and individual Superman 2 are broken, they should be fixed shortly?

Edit: well that was pointless code wouldn't work.

Last edited:
*NOTE - Amazon.uk shipping to U.S. for this box set is £8.
(I would've expected a much higher shipping cost for a box set)
That just means they will put the shipping label on the outside of the metal box, so they are saving money on cardboard and bubble wrap.

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
I preordered last night, the price Was 108 pounds, now its 130 pounds, if there is 13000 copies it'll be awhile until its back to 108 pounds
@DarrenZCanada
Amazon UK/EU website listings will show prices that include Vat

When Amazon UK or Amazon EU is the seller or a item is fulfilled by amazon
Amazon UK and Amazon EU websites remove vat from price at checkout if delivery address is in USA/Canada
That's why price you had was £108.33 when your ordered

Price with UK 20% Vat removed is £108.33
Price with UK 20% Vat included is £130.00
Shipping is extra cost and will be shown in total price at checkout

For delivery address in EU and ordering from Amazon UK/EU websites
Amazon UK/EU websites remove vat from price at checkout and then apply the revelant EU destination country vat rate instead at checkout
EU countries vat rates vary

This not anything new Amazon UK/EU websites been doing this for years as in decades in regards to orders done with a USA/Canada delivery address removing vat at checkout
This is why lot customers based in USA/Canada use Amazon UK and Amazon EU websites as vat is removed and will pay less than customers that have a delivery address in UK/EU
If you based in Canada you may have customs look for tax payment as they have less threshould to avoid import tax than USA in regards to imports

Shipping costs sometimes though can be high for some countries based outside UK/EU in regards to ordering from Amazon UK/EU websites
So does not always work cheaper ordering from Amazon UK/EU especially if Amazon USA or Amazon Canada was selling USA/Canada same physical media release
It can be worth doing ordering from Amazon UK/EU instead especially when a UK/EU release has a big price drop compared to prices with USA/Canada retailers or a release is only available in UK/EU

Last edited:
I imagine if this is a UK only set and it’s limited to only 13000, it might not take that long for it to sell out.
You'd be mistaken. 13,000 units is absolutely huge for a steelbook run for a single market. I do mean HUGE, particularly for a 5 steel set that costs £130.

I don’t think it’s that high a number. I suspect a great number of people outside the UK have already pre-ordered from Amazon just in case their country doesn’t get it. And if it is indeed a UK exclusive, it won’t take long for Amazon to sell out of their supply. But other retailers like WB Shop and a HMV will carry it for longer I imagine.

I don’t think it’s that high a number. I suspect a great number of people outside the UK have already pre-ordered from Amazon just in case their country doesn’t get it. And if it is indeed a UK exclusive, it won’t take long for Amazon to sell out of their supply. But other retailers like WB Shop and a HMV will carry it for longer I imagine.
13,000 is very high for a UK SteelBook release and will take ages to sell out if the total print run is UK only
If it's 13,000 shared print run with other countries then yes it's possible for UK retailers to sell out quickly as UK allocation then would be only a % of that 13,000

You can add Zavvi to that list taking lot longer to sell out now that they don't ship outside UK at the moment in regards to UK Physical Media DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases
A lot of Zavvi orders was previously from outside UK especially in regards to EU countries and USA

WB Shop now ship to Republic of Ireland not just UK
I not done a order with WB Shop since they added Republic of Ireland as a shipping option so don't know if Irish Vat included in a order
I will assume customs in republic will still be looking for vat payment as price at checkout with WB Shop does not adjust to apply Irish 23% vat rate

Aye. If it is indeed a 13,000 print run, i cannot see that being UK only. It'll be the total order WB placed with scanvo Denmark, i.e It'll service pretty much any market in the world where this is being released, aside from the US/CA.

Shame I don’t like the films because I do really like this package and the artwork used on everything. Even the cheesey 3 & 4 art. Just something about them

If they do stick around and drop like the monsterverse etc editions then I’d happily pick it up for around £50/£60. Probably won’t happen but my point is to support good art and a nice set (5 steels/ all nice art/ extras and a tin case) id pay that for films I don’t like lol

Reactions: djjez83