Target - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread [USA]

images

Feel free to talk about:

-Service
-Packaging
-Ship time
-Etc

What a joke this retailer is. Cartwheel used to give 10% off for new releases. Now for the last 2 weeks 5%. It's not even worth the price of the ink and paper to print off the coupon.

Guys, got a question. Will Target honor a price drop in store if I have purchased/pre-ordered the same item online for more $$ ? Example, Jungle Book digi is $30 online now but will probably be $25 on release day in-store. Will they honor that drop if I went inside and asked them to?

Guys, got a question. Will Target honor a price drop in store if I have purchased/pre-ordered the same item online for more $$ ? Example, Jungle Book digi is $30 online now but will probably be $25 on release day in-store. Will they honor that drop if I went inside and asked them to?

I do not believe they will. For some odd reason, they consider online different from instore. If I remember right, you'll have to return the items in store, get the refund and then purchase for the lower price

Reactions: poncholo
I do not believe they will. For some odd reason, they consider online different from instore. If I remember right, you'll have to return the items in store, get the refund and then purchase for the lower price

Kinda disappointing :(

Thanks for the info frank :thumbs:

Hi, if targets website states an exclusive is in stock as your nearest store (the Thor Loki slip for example) does this mean that version idols definitely there or just that a Thor dark world blu ray is available?

Apparently the closest to me currently has a load of exclusives but I saw none?

You want to check and be sure the same DPCI number isn't used for both. As Andy will agree, that's been a real pain for the recent Son of Batman GB.

Call your local store and see if you can get an associate to physically check. Just be friendly, tell them it's a specific collectors edition and you want to be sure you're getting the right thing.

Most associates are nice enough to help. Others just truly don't know what you're telling them to look for though.

Reactions: Maccadinho25
Thanks I'm only here for a few days so thought I'd have a browse as its over the road but people are struggling with my English accent as it is so the phone may be difficult :hilarious:

I'll check the dpci numbers. Cheers

99% of exclusives at Target are the same item #'s instore. So even though the website shows the "exclusive" as being in stock, chances are it's not and the actual item is the regular version.

Same thing happened when wolf of wall street came out. Checked the website during my lunch break and it said no stores had it in stock. Went after work and there about 15 in the electronics section and another 20 upfront by the cash registers.

When it comes to collector item blu rays, video games, Target is the WORST retailer in the USA. If there is a way to screw something up, they will find a way how to.

Reactions: jcm
Ordered the Lone Survivor steelbook and just received the amaray. They do it every time. Last time I ever order or buy anything from these idiots again. ;)

Ordered the Lone Survivor steelbook and just received the amaray. They do it every time. Last time I ever order or buy anything from these idiots again. ;)

They did the same thing to me. I have had nothing but trouble ordering online with Target. I won't be doing it anymore.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I've also posted this in the Lone Survivor thread and might as well post here.

Including customer and HDN feedback, Wreck passed our concerns along to Target. Target is now aware of and looking to fix this issue with the same DPCI numbers for regular releases and steelbooks. Hopefully in the not too distant future, the collectible edition can be differentiated and this fix is implemented soon.

Fingers crossed! :thumbs:

Just got this from Target

Thanks for your Target.com order # XXXXXXXXXXXX for Lone Survivor Steelbook edition.
Due to a technical error, you may have received the national edition of Lone Survivor instead of the Steelbook edition. To correct this error, we are working on sending out the Steelbook version. It will be sent to the shipping address on your order and you can expect to receive it the week of June 15th.
You won't need to return the original copy/copies you received. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and we hope this solution meets your needs.
Thanks for shopping at Target.
Team Target

Reactions: dfoles
Gotta give Target props on this. I feel like certain other retailerZ would send out an apology with a 10% coupon to spend more money.

I hope this helps Target decide to give Steelbooks a unique DPCI number