Waxwork Records Taxi Driver - 40th Anniversary OST (Limited Edition Tri-Color + Yellow Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Released: April 12th, 2016
Purchase:
Waxwork Records - 40 USD
Zavvi - 35 GBP

2.jpg
  • 180 Gram Taxi Cab Tri-Color Vinyl (Yellow, Black, and White)
  • Director Liner Notes by Martin Scorsese
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • Four Page Booklet
  • Director Approved Album Art by Rich Kelly
3.jpg
  • 180 Gram Taxi Cab Yellow Vinyl
  • Director Liner Notes by Martin Scorsese
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • Four Page Booklet
  • Director Approved Album Art by Rich Kelly
1.jpg

Just received an update on my item... apparently the reason my package isn't moving is because a label was never printed for some reason, which they say happens from time to time with a small percentage of orders. Not the best first experience with Waxwork to be honest, but I guess I just got unlucky. They responded pretty quickly and were very apologetic anyway, so fingers crossed every goes smoothly from here on out!

Just received an update on my item... apparently the reason my package isn't moving is because a label was never printed for some reason, which they say happens from time to time with a small percentage of orders. Not the best first experience with Waxwork to be honest, but I guess I just got unlucky. They responded pretty quickly and were very apologetic anyway, so fingers crossed every goes smoothly from here on out!

What does that mean Nick? Is it on it's way and could be with you tomorrow, but you can't track it?

Reactions: dan8885
I think it means they forgot to ship. So it will ship now!? Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed! Once you'll receive it the fault will be forgotten. It's a stunning release! You'll be so satisfied :notworthy::drool:

Yeah, I did read it a couple of times more and did understand it that way too, lol! :emb: A week + and you'll have it in hand Nick. :thumbs:

Oh...and congrats guys, @dan8885 @Travis Bickle , it's lovely alright! :D :D

What does that mean Nick? Is it on it's way and could be with you tomorrow, but you can't track it?

I think it means they forgot to ship. So it will ship now!? Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed! Once you'll receive it the fault will be forgotten. It's a stunning release! You'll be so satisfied :notworthy::drool:
Sorry, I forgot to explain that part lol. Dan is correct though... it was never shipped unfortunately, but they said they'd get it sent out ASAP. The wait continues for me, but I'm sure it'll be worth it! :D

Reactions: dan8885 and spass
How much was this to the uk with shipping guys? It's beautiful and I'm loving the photos, this is one I would love to get. Noticed the tri colour is still in stock and it's my birthday in a month so I might get it then if it's still avaliable

My record player broke a few years back and my dad gave me his yesterday so ive been banging out the LPs again lol

Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
How much was this to the uk with shipping guys? It's beautiful and I'm loving the photos, this is one I would love to get. Noticed the tri colour is still in stock and it's my birthday in a month so I might get it then if it's still avaliable

My record player broke a few years back and my dad gave me his yesterday so ive been banging out the LPs again lol
Mine came to $62 (roughly about £42.44) with shipping. Do it dude... treat yourself! ;)

Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
You should do! The score is amazing, the artwork, gatefold, booklet, note by Scorsese everything is mind blowing. An awesome release!

I hope to get it, it's lovely. Can't believe how great it looks and it is an awesome soundtrack.

I've caught the bug again, I got all my vinyls out yesterday and haven't stopped listening to kings of Leon youth and young manhood and aha shake heartbreak. Been years since I heard them on vinyl and also Noel fielding and Sergio pizzornos loose taperstries from luxury comedy lol. So weird but I Love it plus those 3 are my favourite vinyls I own.

I've got my eye on this and nightcrawler OST too, would love the purple vinyl but the cherry cola is the only one I can find for OK prices. Wouldn't mind getting the deluxe guardians of the Galaxy too and hateful eight at some point

Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
I hope to get it, it's lovely. Can't believe how great it looks and it is an awesome soundtrack.

I've caught the bug again, I got all my vinyls out yesterday and haven't stopped listening to kings of Leon youth and young manhood and aha shake heartbreak. Been years since I heard them on vinyl and also Noel fielding and Sergio pizzornos loose taperstries from luxury comedy lol. So weird but I Love it plus those 3 are my favourite vinyls I own.

I've got my eye on this and nightcrawler OST too, would love the purple vinyl but the cherry cola is the only one I can find for OK prices. Wouldn't mind getting the deluxe guardians of the Galaxy too and hateful eight at some point

Congrats mate, music is everything and vinyl the medium what appreciates the music, the art and the artist the best!
Since RSD I'm totally back into the black gold. I'll slow down on Steelbooks and Double Dips and will cop more vinyl.

I don't know the purple Nightcrawler OST, just the cherry coke and the yellow one from Invada. Don't own any of them.

With Hateful Eight you should go with the Third Man Records release. The gatefold is a stunner!

Congrats mate, music is everything and vinyl the medium what appreciates the music, the art and the artist the best!
Since RSD I'm totally back into the black gold. I'll slow down on Steelbooks and Double Dips and will cop more vinyl.

I don't know the purple Nightcrawler OST, just the cherry coke and the yellow one from Invada. Don't own any of them.

With Hateful Eight you should go with the Third Man Records release. The gatefold is a stunner!

Yeah sometimes it's just sounds better through vinyl, I'm a huge radiohead fan but I wasn't that much of a fan of their last record King of the limbs except tracks lotus flower and codex but I got the limited edition clear vinyl when it first came out and I whacked that on earlier and it just sounds better. And I've listened to that album a lot on iPod and cd and usually skip most tracks but on vinyl I love the whole album lol
Got some of my old black keys out too and they sound great.

Just need my dad to bring me back round my Bowie, Zeppelin, Hendrix and Beatles records now (kept them at his becuase of space plus he had a record player so and he wanted to give them a spin - that was about 6 years ago when my last player broke)

It's the purple and yellow splatter I think, looks really cool, but was extremely limited so I'll defo go for the cherry red when I get the chance and spare cash lol

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ellow-cherry-coke-colored-vinyl-invada.65200/

I would love to get that hateful eight edition but I just can't afford it at the moment. Plus I have a few premium steels coming out soon i need to pay for.

But hopefully I'll get this around my birthday

Reactions: dan8885
Mine has finally arrived, and with no customs! :D

Was very worried when I first saw it, as the outer box had two dents in them which went right through, but thankfully the item was undamaged.

I really like the artwork, especially the interior art... I must have studied that thing for 20 minutes straight lol. The liner notes are an interesting read too, and the vinyl themselves look awesome!

I must say that I'm a little disappointed by the quality of the packaging overall though... maybe I just got unlucky, but the the spine is quite noticeably misaligned on mine (the text runs over on to the back), and one of the dust jackets is split on one side, plus the vinyl doesn't slide all the way down as the jacket is glued too much at the bottom, so the vinyl sticks out slightly at the top and now I'm worried about it getting scratched. :ohno:

Hopefully my next purchase from Waxwork (Warriors OST) goes a lot more smoothly, and I pray that the packaging will be as perfect as it can be, because I'm really excited about that one and have been wanting the Warriors OST for ages. Fingers crossed!

Mine has finally arrived, and with no customs! :D

Was very worried when I first saw it, as the outer box had two dents in them which went right through, but thankfully the item was undamaged.

I really like the artwork, especially the interior art... I must have studied that thing for 20 minutes straight lol. The liner notes are an interesting read too, and the vinyl themselves look awesome!

I must say that I'm a little disappointed by the quality of the packaging overall though... maybe I just got unlucky, but the the spine is quite noticeably misaligned on mine (the text runs over on to the back), and one of the dust jackets is split on one side, plus the vinyl doesn't slide all the way down as the jacket is glued too much at the bottom, so the vinyl sticks out slightly at the top and now I'm worried about it getting scratched. :ohno:

Hopefully my next purchase from Waxwork (Warriors OST) goes a lot more smoothly, and I pray that the packaging will be as perfect as it can be, because I'm really excited about that one and have been wanting the Warriors OST for ages. Fingers crossed!

Damn mate you was really out of luck with this release :hurting: I don't got the problems you got on mine. Maybe you snap some shots and send a mail to Waxwork? Maybe they send a replacement of the Gatefold !?

Reactions: Noodles
Damn mate you was really out of luck with this release :hurting: I don't got the problems you got on mine. Maybe you snap some shots and send a mail to Waxwork? Maybe they send a replacement of the Gatefold !?
It seems so mate, but I suppose it happens to us all at some point. I should probably at least make WW aware of it, because that's obviously the only way they can address these sort of issues and improve on it. Will try and take photos over the weekend and see what they say. :)