Waxwork Records Taxi Driver - 40th Anniversary OST (Limited Edition Tri-Color + Yellow Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Released: April 12th, 2016
Purchase:
Waxwork Records - 40 USD
Zavvi - 35 GBP

2.jpg
  • 180 Gram Taxi Cab Tri-Color Vinyl (Yellow, Black, and White)
  • Director Liner Notes by Martin Scorsese
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • Four Page Booklet
  • Director Approved Album Art by Rich Kelly
3.jpg
  • 180 Gram Taxi Cab Yellow Vinyl
  • Director Liner Notes by Martin Scorsese
  • Heavyweight Old-Style Tip On Gatefold Jacket
  • Four Page Booklet
  • Director Approved Album Art by Rich Kelly
1.jpg

Mine has finally arrived, and with no customs! :D

Was very worried when I first saw it, as the outer box had two dents in them which went right through, but thankfully the item was undamaged.

I really like the artwork, especially the interior art... I must have studied that thing for 20 minutes straight lol. The liner notes are an interesting read too, and the vinyl themselves look awesome!

I must say that I'm a little disappointed by the quality of the packaging overall though... maybe I just got unlucky, but the the spine is quite noticeably misaligned on mine (the text runs over on to the back), and one of the dust jackets is split on one side, plus the vinyl doesn't slide all the way down as the jacket is glued too much at the bottom, so the vinyl sticks out slightly at the top and now I'm worried about it getting scratched. :ohno:

Hopefully my next purchase from Waxwork (Warriors OST) goes a lot more smoothly, and I pray that the packaging will be as perfect as it can be, because I'm really excited about that one and have been wanting the Warriors OST for ages. Fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear that mate,

I hope you mange to get something sorted with it.

Reactions: Noodles
It seems so mate, but I suppose it happens to us all at some point. I should probably at least make WW aware of it, because that's obviously the only way they can address these sort of issues and improve on it. Will try and take photos over the weekend and see what they say. :)

Keep us updated what they say. I'm pretty sure they're accommodating and solve your problem.

I've listend to the score yesterday again. It's so beautiful. Really an excellent release!

Reactions: Noodles
NOOOOOO the tri colour has sold out :(

I wanted to order that after next Friday! Damn.

The inside is crazy :woot:
How is the packaging for vinyl from zavvi?
It's a gorgeous edition! I definitely recommend picking one up. :)

I haven't bought vinyl from them for a while, but whenever I have in the past they sent them in the usual cardboard record mailers.

@Flloydo @paulboland Have you guys bought any records from Zavvi recently and able to provide an up-to-date answer?

Reactions: Dexter Skelter

I haven't bought vinyl from them for a while, but whenever I have in the past they sent them in the usual cardboard record mailers.

@Flloydo @paulboland Have you guys bought any records from Zavvi recently and able to provide an up-to-date answer?
My last vinyl order with Zavvi was Dark Crystal delivered in January 2018 and was the usual Zavvi record mailers which are decent enough

Sold Out

Taxi Driver I would not be surprised if this has reissue at some stage from Waxwork on different colour vinyl

Still haven’t got this and was going to pick it up but been very busy and now it’s sold out. That’s happened to me a lot today lol

Not had a vinyl in a while either tbh

Fortunately I was in time to pre-order the repress.
Taxi Driver is my 2nd favourite movie and this release looks amazing so I had to get it.
Now all I need is a record player.... :cheers:

Reactions: paulboland