Tears of the Sun (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 25 January 2016
Purchase Link: Zavvi (Pre Order live at 6PM UK time on Sunday December 20th)
Price: £11.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

11216734-5874351050167511.jpg

11216734-1814351050274761.jpg 11216734-1304351050346731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Willis looks wierd on the front. His head I think

Be giving this a miss

I'm not sure about this one Price of £11.99 is a change for Zavvi in terms of pricing
I hope they don't change the price when it goes live for those that will be interested in getting this
Artwork not the best in my opinion

The art for this movie is always that image used or the one with Willis's head floating above everyone else...both are pretty poor. This movie isn't that popular, I remember feeling ambivalent about it. I kind of want to get it just because it's another military movie (albeit a mediocre one). 11.99 pounds is a decent price. Will probably go down to 12 dollars at some point.

I hope they change this strange brown border on the front and backartwork, this looks really strange and cheap.
Further it would be cool, if this Steelbook have a matt finish like the Steelbook of Rising Sun or the second debossed Braveheart Steelbook. With all glossy Steelbooks I have big problems, full of fine sratches, for example Ghost Rider and the Equalizer.

The big question is, if this Steelbook have a embossed or debosssed title.

My wishes for furter Sony Steelbooks:
-Fright Night
-Christine
-Mexico Trilogy with El Mariachi, Desperado and Once upen a time in Mexico
-Underworld
-Underworld Evolution(with the same front artwork and glossy finish like the german Steelbooks-they have the best existing coverartwork for this film, but with a debossed title and a nice backcover)

I,really liked this movie. I'd hope it was the directors cut, but I very much doubt it. Probably won't even be 4K enhanced.
There is no such thing as 4K "enhanced". There are blu rays that are mastered from 4K Sources, But that's it.
(Which, in and of itself, is kinda of like the old "superbit" DVDs - if you see a difference, great. But largely smoke and mirrors to sell the illusion of a better product...unless played on a 4K big screen. But it still won't be a 4K disc.)

Reactions: ocielz