Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: November 23, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

D4F70DAB-BCE7-4DA0-92D7-A5896814A841.jpeg

Last edited:
Any reason for that release specifically Paul? I don't have that one, but I do have the blu-ray from the 2016 novamedia steelbook, which I think may be essentially the same.

I've also got the "ultimate edition" from the FAC steelbook, and I have a feeling the transfer may be the same there too. Except it's a newer disc, with only that cut, and it's got a 7.1 track.
2015 USA/Canada release from Lionsgate is a different encoding to all other releases
There is less use of DNR
It's the recommended release to get on various web forums in regards to Blu-ray.

FAC and Novamedia Blu-ray releases is not using the Lionsgate transfer/encoding from 2015.

If you want the 2015 transfer it was only included with Lionsgate USA Amaray /Canada Mondo x SteelBook releases

All Lionsgate releases before and after 2015 is a different transfer/encoding.

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
2015 USA/Canada release from Lionsgate is a different encoding to all other releases
There is less use of DNR
It's the recommended release to get on various web forums in regards to Blu-ray.

Novamedia Blu-ray is not using the Lionsgate transfer/encoding from 2015.
Right, okay, fair enough. Thanks. I'll look into it, see if there is a distinguishable difference between the 2 to warrant buying it.

I've just popped in the ultimate edition from filmarena and that looks pretty great. It's the "Original" source, rather than the 4K remaster, very high bitrate and a 7.1 track. I'd think that would be hard to beat, but I don't know what transfer it's using.

Is the transfer really that bad on this? I always put myself off watching it.

Watching in 3D it's looks good
It was remastered for a 3D release as that was the main purpose of the fillm getting a re-release in cinemas

It was the 3D remastered transfer that was used for the 4K releases it has extra DNR used with the 4K UHD encoding

The 2015 USA/Canada Blu-ray releases is best version in terms of transfer watching in 2D

Any reason for that release specifically Paul? I don't have that one, but I do have the blu-ray from the 2016 novamedia steelbook, which I think may be essentially the same.

I've also got the "ultimate edition" from the FAC steelbook, and I have a feeling the transfer may be the same there too. Except it's a newer disc, with only that cut, and it's got a 7.1 track.
I can highly recommend the Polish steelbook which has more or less all available editions on 6 discs;
Screenshot_20230730_002250_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_002317_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20230730_002346_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If you want the 2015 transfer it was only included with Lionsgate USA Amaray /Canada Mondo x SteelBook releases

All Lionsgate releases before and after 2015 is a different transfer/encoding.
Interesting, I didn't know that particular one was special, and all before and after had different transfers.

So is this the Mondo steelbook you mean? I got it in 2015.
20230730_033405.jpg

Note the Lionsgate USA/Canada 2015 release

Mondo X SteelBook
Main feature is the Extended Edition Cut 153 min

The Theatrical Version 137 min is found in Special Features
It's also MPEG-4 AVC Codec

Bad thing is that one is region locked...
So either you have to compromise with picture/audio.
It's bamboozing that they admit it's fuc* up yet they can't fix it since Cameron said it's nothing wrong with new transfer and we have to live with wax sh*t...
One of the greatest movies of all-time ruined by stupidity of someone who can't handle job properly...