Chicago, USA
The Art of Jock Hardcover – September 20, 2016
by Scott Snyder (Afterword), et al

LINK: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1608878058/?tag=hidefnin-20
http://www.mondotees.com

image.jpeg

Release Date: 9/20/2016
Price: $34.00

Discover the artwork of acclaimed comic, poster, and concept art illustrator Jock, from his work on DC Comics’ Batman and Marvel’s Wolverine to films such as Ex Machina, Dredd, and The Dark Knight Rises.

Mark Simpson, known by his pen name Jock, is an internationally recognized three-time New York Times best-selling artist and Eisner Award nominee. Over the last two decades, Jock has become one of the most distinguished illustrators in comics, with credits that include titles with Marvel (Savage Wolverine, Daredevil), DC Comics/Vertigo (The Losers, Batman: The Black Mirror), and his runaway success Wytches (co-created with Scott Snyder for Image Comics).

The Art of Jock delves into the prolific artist’s catalog, showcasing not only the best of his extensive sketches and published images, but also personal notes from Jock himself that provide insight into the often philosophical inner workings of his creative process. Featuring interviews and quotes from colleagues and long-time collaborators, including Scott Snyder, Alex Garland, and Stephen King, this extensive look into the mind and method of one of the most critically acclaimed illustrators working today is a must-have for fans of comic book and pop culture art, as well as aspiring artists and illustrators. The Art of Jock is being made in collaboration with Mondo, the renowned pop culture company famous for its iconic poster

Last edited by a moderator:
The MondoCon exclusive looks super nice but a little bit to expensive with 175 USD for my taste. I would have spend around 100-120 USD maximum on this.
Since the book for itself is already super awesome I may be going for the regular version now.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007

@Apollon @tridon missed it but the price was listed

$175

That's about $50 more than I would like, have to think about it now
The MondoCon exclusive looks super nice but a little bit to expensive with 175 USD for my taste. I would have spend around 100-120 USD maximum on this.
Since the book for itself is already super awesome I may be going for the regular version now.
$175?! :OMG: OUCH! :banghead: It's a beauty :drool:, but I agree with @dan8885 I'll probably also go for the regular :thumbs:

@mllNY Thanks for the tag Mike! ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
How ? We don't even know if it will still be available after Mondo Con ! There will be only 500 copies.. I'm getting confused too

OK, Mondo Con is offering a signed bonus (me guessing) with the book...Jock will be at Forbidden Planet, London - Signing THE ART OF JOCK (mini-print edition)...With the same book as at the Mondo Con.

ALSO, Exclusive, limited edition Jock ‘Superman: American Alien’ Giclee Print will also be available AT THE EVENT ONLY
Superman: American Alien is a signed and numbered edition of only 100 worldwide. It measures 18 x 24 inches, costing £34.99.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/log/events/new-limited-edition-print-jock/

0000000jocksuperman.jpg

@HUBMUSWELL At MondoCon it's not just a signed book, it's a collector edition with a slipcase, a different cover, some mini-prints etc.. and signed. At forbiddenplanet, it's just the artbook signed with one mini-print. Look at page 2 in this thread

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
@HUBMUSWELL At MondoCon it's not just a signed book, it's a collector edition with a slipcase, a different cover, some mini-prints etc.. and signed. At forbiddenplanet, it's just the artbook signed with one mini-print. Look at page 2 in this thread

Yes I re-read the thread...The Con one is the one to go for if you have the budget...Alternatively, PP is good price wise if he signs the book...The print is at a good price if bought with the book...£65 all in :) I may go for that :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou
OK, Mondo Con is offering a signed bonus (me guessing) with the book...Jock will be at Forbidden Planet, London - Signing THE ART OF JOCK (mini-print edition)...With the same book as at the Mondo Con.

ALSO, Exclusive, limited edition Jock ‘Superman: American Alien’ Giclee Print will also be available AT THE EVENT ONLY
Superman: American Alien is a signed and numbered edition of only 100 worldwide. It measures 18 x 24 inches, costing £34.99.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/log/events/new-limited-edition-print-jock/

0000000jocksuperman.jpg

I want the Graphic novel of American Alien with that cover.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/mondo-exclusive-version-of-the-art-of-jock-on-sale-info

This past MondoCon we released the Mondo Exclusive version of THE ART OF JOCK, a book celebrating the breathtaking work of the comics illustrator, conceptual artist and prolific Mondo collaborator. Limited to just 500 copies, our exclusive version features four 9"x9" letterpress prints, one 8"x12" screen print, and a card signed by Jock, all packaged in a stunning hard-shell slipcase.

On Monday (11/14) at 12PM (CST), we'll be releasing the remaining copies of the exclusive version online via mondotees.com ($175).

NOTE: We still have two remaining randomly-inserted golden tickets! If you receive a golden ticket inside your book, you'll win a full original, cover-quality pen & ink illustration by Jock.