The Babadook (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: July 26, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi) - £42.99 (HMV) - £35.99 (Zoom)
47601_1_BABADOOK_3D_BD_SLIPCASE_PACK_V2_2_1024x1024@2x.pngTheBabadookExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Special Features

• Audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
  • The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
  • Don't Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
  • Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
  • Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
  • If It's in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
  • The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
  • Ba-Ba-Ba...Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
  • Monster: Jennifer Kent's original short film
  • They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
  • There's No Place Like Home: Creating The House
  • Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
  • The Stunts
  • Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
  • English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive Jennifer Kent interview, stills, behind-the-scenes photos and original illustration concepts for the book
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, when I searched for it I couldn't find it. Thanks
Shudder’s library is like Netflix, it varies between region. There’s a lot of stuff in the US library not on the Irish/UK library & vice versa.

The Babadook is available to rent on Amazon Prime, iTunes etc. & I think it’s streamable on AMC+ (or so a Google search tells me).

There’s a lot of stuff in the US library not on the Irish/UK library & vice versa.
Yeah this appears to be the case because when I go to watch it says 'service not available in the US', that must be why it wouldn't come up during a search. I can rent it on Prime for $3 but might as well just pay another $7 and have it to own on Bluray. That sux, I actually mustered up the nerve to watch it and now I can't. :( :LOL:

Retailers was not meant to get delivery of stock yet
Looks like some stock got shipped before they noticed the issue with the quality of the slipbox

Second Sight are getting reprint done of the slipbox that is why they listed a new release date of July 26th

The video unboxing is a review copy sent from second sight to Wolfman's Got Nards

Wolf says he don't see anything wrong with the slip

I doubt he received a release already with the new slip has he posted his video on the same day June 17th second sight posted the tweet about the quality of the slip

The video unboxing is a review copy sent from second sight to Wolfman's Got Nards

Wolf says he don't see anything wrong with the slip

I doubt he received a release already with the new slip has he posted his video on the same day June 17th second sight posted the tweet about the quality of the slip
The structure of the box looks weird, like under the print it looks poorly constructed.

Hopefully that’s what they are fixing

Has this actually/officially been released yet? Seen a few unboxing vids, but Amazon and Zavvi don’t seem to have any at the moment.

Has this actually/officially been released yet? Seen a few unboxing vids, but Amazon and Zavvi don’t seem to have any at the moment.
I think a few got dispatched before the Slip was changed.
Amazon has it listed for release on the 26th of July but Second sight still has it down as a pre-order.
I have my pre-order with them and I've had no update or dispatch note yet.

Reactions: Vegano
Mine was shipped and arrived from Amazon on Monday.

Haven’t had a chance to open it to check it but it looked good. I’ll check it though to make sure there aren’t any faults or defects

Reactions: Vegano
I think a few got dispatched before the Slip was changed.
Amazon has it listed for release on the 26th of July but Second sight still has it down as a pre-order.
I have my pre-order with them and I've had no update or dispatch note yet.
Mine was shipped and arrived from Amazon on Monday.

Haven’t had a chance to open it to check it but it looked good. I’ll check it though to make sure there aren’t any faults or defects
Oh right - Many thanks for that.

I am going to buy this, Dog Soldiers, Drive and any other 4K releases they have planned. Their Limited Edition for Dawn of the Dead 4K is one of my favourite things I own of theirs. I look forward to more stuff. I think I have a disorder. Compulsive buying.
More 4k and it's nice the vanity labels are leading the way.....

Reactions: nutcaseshy
More 4k and it's nice the vanity labels are leading the way.....

Arrow, Second Sight Films, Kino Lorber are amazing labels, putting out amazing releases. I am glad to be living in an era of amazing Boutique Labels. Sometimes they even top the releases that some of the bigger studios are releasing (imo).

Once again, Second Sight has out done themselves. The picture quality of this film is amazing. I am now looking forward to their restorations of Dog Soldiers, Martin, The Hitcher and more.

Arrow, Second Sight Films, Kino Lorber are amazing labels, putting out amazing releases. I am glad to be living in an era of amazing Boutique Labels. Sometimes they even top the releases that some of the bigger studios are releasing (imo).

Once again, Second Sight has out done themselves. The picture quality of this film is amazing. I am now looking forward to their restorations of Dog Soldiers, Martin, The Hitcher and more.
Agreed. We have Misery, Silence of the Lambs, Force of Evil, A fistful of Dollars, For a few Dollars more, Hard Target and loads more heading our way over the next 6 months.......