The Babadook (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: July 26, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi) - £42.99 (HMV) - £35.99 (Zoom)
47601_1_BABADOOK_3D_BD_SLIPCASE_PACK_V2_2_1024x1024@2x.pngTheBabadookExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Special Features

• Audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
  • The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
  • Don't Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
  • Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
  • Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
  • If It's in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
  • The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
  • Ba-Ba-Ba...Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
  • Monster: Jennifer Kent's original short film
  • They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
  • There's No Place Like Home: Creating The House
  • Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
  • The Stunts
  • Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
  • English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive Jennifer Kent interview, stills, behind-the-scenes photos and original illustration concepts for the book
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow, Second Sight Films, Kino Lorber are amazing labels, putting out amazing releases. I am glad to be living in an era of amazing Boutique Labels. Sometimes they even top the releases that some of the bigger studios are releasing (imo).

Once again, Second Sight has out done themselves. The picture quality of this film is amazing. I am now looking forward to their restorations of Dog Soldiers, Martin, The Hitcher and more.

Agreed. We have Misery, Silence of the Lambs, Force of Evil, A fistful of Dollars, For a few Dollars more, Hard Target and loads more heading our way over the next 6 months.......
It was Arrows Limited edition releases at the time that got me back into collecting but Second sight have to be my favourite releases now, their stuff for the past couple of years have been brilliant and there's plenty more to come :thumbs:

It was Arrows Limited edition releases at the time that got me back into collecting but Second sight have to be my favourite releases now, their stuff for the past couple of years have been brilliant and there's plenty more to come :thumbs:
I would put Arrow, Kino and Shout Factory at the top of the list for me right now. For films anyway. For TV shows Network hands down, we are about to get Maigret: the complete series and Gideons Way both in full HD. Never thought that would happen

no decent camera working at the moment for an unboxathon, but have received this beautiful set :).

if you are still considering getting this, fyi, it's a few mm larger all the way around than a FAC XL, so fairly chunky on the shelf.

first time ordering from zoom since their takeover - cheapest at the time, even with p&p - but they charged £5 postage! for something of this price. :greedy: if this is their MO going forward, it's going to be a rarity for me to buy there again.

Reactions: jasong
It's been years since i ordered from Zavvi.
I live in Belgium. Now With the brexit ordering in UK becam a pricey joke.
I ordered this from zavvi.nl i guess it is the same website, just translated and with another domain name. But would i have to pay customs on this ?

It's been years since i ordered from Zavvi.
I live in Belgium. Now With the brexit ordering in UK becam a pricey joke.
I ordered this from zavvi.nl i guess it is the same website, just translated and with another domain name. But would i have to pay customs on this ?
No as EU vat is included in price since July 1st 2021 where delivery is to a EU country.

If your order is shipped non tracked it be using IOSS system if value of goods is €150 or less
Vat is already paid and will be listed on cn23 customs label

If sent from UK warehouse based in Warrington and tracked zavvi pay the vat to the courier

Any parcel that has IOSS info on customs label customs/postal carrier in any EU country should not be requesting payment from you when value of goods is €150 or less As vat is already paid

A retailer only has to register for IOSS in 1 EU country this will cover all EU countries

Zavvi have be using IOSS since July 1st 2021 for non tracked shipments to EU countries

If sent tracked shipping the vat is also paid already as the courier receive that Vat payment from Zavvi

The issue in some EU countries customs post carriers some not understand the new IOSS system even though all this was explained months/years in advance of July 1st 2021 when it came active

@paulboland thanks for this explanation.
A few months back i ordered for less than 150 at arrow and had to pay a lot of import taxes.
Amazon also proposed to pay these costs in advance around the same period.
So this all changed since july 2021 ?

@paulboland thanks for this explanation.
A few months back i ordered for less than 150 at arrow and had to pay a lot of import taxes.
Amazon also proposed to pay these costs in advance around the same period.
So this all changed since july 2021 ?
Amazon pay EU vat direct to revenue in EU countries
If Amazon is the seller or a item fulfilled by amazon
EU vat is applied at checkout
Amazon UK for example UK vat removed first from price at checkout before EU vat is applied.

Arrow have not registered for IOSS they remove UK vat from price at checkout so you don't end up paying UK vat and EU vat
As EU vat is not included for a EU delivery address in regards to Arrow website Shop you will have customs look for EU vat payment from you as no vat is included in your purchase.

Zavvi registered for IOSS this covers all EU countries
Vat is included in purchase
Zavvi will ship your order by either non tracked using IOSS or tracked shipping
Tracked Shipping zavvi pay the vat themselves to the courier

In regards to items shipped using IOSS and value is €150 or less customs or postal carrier should not be requesting vat payment from you as IOSS send revenue in your EU country that vat payment on a monthly basis

The more retailers based outside EU that register for IOSS will mean quick customs clearance and quicker delivery and avoid customers having to pay vat and handling fee to postal carrier/courier where value of goods is €150 or less as vat will be paid when doing a order with a retailer.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jocelin
@paulboland
received mail from cutoms/carrier asking to pay 18 eur costs on my 38£ order.
contacted them and mentioned it was labelled IOSS
i have to fill in a complaint... But they told me that in this situation there shouldn't be extra costs to pay for me.
Will probably take some time, but should be OK
thanks for your help.

Reactions: paulboland
Second Sight now apply EU vat at checkout
A few days ago they did not do this
Looks like they might now be registered for IOSS or have registered for Vat ID in EU countries directy
More likely is IOSS they will be using
They remove UK 20% vat from price then apply your EU country vat rate

You might need to check shipping country before going to payment and make sure is correct as sometimes their website defaults to UK

Order below
Irish 23% Vat applied at checkout

����
The Babadook Limited Edition 4K UHD / Blu-ray2NDBR4133£41.001£41.00
Subtotal£41.00
Shipping (Standard - EU - Parcel)£4.96
Tax (IE VAT 23.0%)£8.60
Total£45.96 GBP

@paulboland
Hi Paul, i eventually had to pay for my order..
.The package was labeled IOSS, but the courrier company told me that that they need to be provided with an IOSS code on the label so they know they don't need to charge extra costs, and that zavvi did not provided them with this code...
No idea what they are talking about.

@paulboland
Hi Paul, i eventually had to pay for my order..
.The package was labeled IOSS, but the courrier company told me that that they need to be provided with an IOSS code on the label so they know they don't need to charge extra costs, and that zavvi did not provided them with this code...
No idea what they are talking about.
The IOSS code is recorded electronically with the postal carrier that a retailer use to ship a parcel
Customs in EU countries receive this info electronically
IOSS code itself is not meant to be listed on the CN Label
CN Label must have IOSS Logo and IOSS Code of parcel contents recorded electronically

An electronic customs declaration must include the following:

These details should also be on the CN label

• Item description
  • A valid TARIC/Commodity code (Also known as HS Tarrif)
  • Country of origin
  • Destination country

Your postal carrier in your country is meant to scan a barcode on the parcel the IOSS info is in that
Postal carriers retailers used to ship a parcel it's meant to have a barcode or QR code but most will use barcode
There has been some instances the postal carrier used to ship parcels not recorded it correctely and some parcels be missing the barcode that when scanned provides the IOSS electronic details of an order that has been recorded on the IOSS system

Contact Zavvi they will refund you that payment you done with your postal carrier

Do this for 2 reasons
1) You don't end up paying Vat twice
2) Revenue in your country receiving Vat payment twice (The Vat payment you made with postal carrier and the Vat payment revenue in your country receive later from IOSS system)

Revenue in your country willl still receive the Vat payment from IOSS system later it's done on a monthly basis

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jocelin
The IOSS code is recorded electronically with the postal carrier that a retailer use to ship a parcel
Custome in EU countries receive this info electronically
IOSS code itself is not meant to be listed on the CN Label
CN Label must have IOSS Logo and IOSS Code recorded electronically

An electronic customs declaration must include the following:

• Item description
  • A valid TARIC/Commodity code (Also known as HS Tarrif)
  • Country of origin
  • Destination country

Your postal carrier in your country is meant to scan a barcode on the parcel the IOSS info is in that
Some postal carriers use a barcode or QR code but most will use barcode
There has been some instances the postal carrier used to ship parcels not recorded it correctely and some parcels be missing the barcode that when scanned provides the IOSS electronic details of an order that has been recorded on the IOSS system

Contact Zavvi they will refund you that payment you done with your postal carrier

Do this for 2 reasons
1) You don't end up paying Vat twice
2) Revenue in your country receiving Vat payment twice (The Vat payment you made with postal carrier and the Vat payment revenue in your country receive later from IOSS system)

Revenue in your country willl still receive the Vat payment from IOSS system later it's done on a monthly basis
@paulboland Thank you very much Paul ! very clear and helpul informations.

Reactions: paulboland
6 weeks today since I placed my order with them and still nothing arrived.
Have sent off an email this morning but have as of yet received no reply.