The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

There are so many great actors who'd be great for Riddler or Penguin. Not a huge fan of Jonah Hill so I'm not mad.
Agreed... there are much better actors out there who'd fit the role far better than Jonah. He's gotten too big for his boots IMO.

News outlets are now saying that Jonah Hill wanted to be The Riddler and Matt Reeves wanted him to be Penguin. The Riddler is going to be the primary villain and that's why they couldn't come to an agreement. Saw someone mention How good Stephen Graham would be for Penguin. I'd be happy enough with that.

Paul Dano is in talks to play The Riddler. YES!

1571354468688.gif

:D Woohoo :joy: you called it man, you’ve got great taste :cigar: The talent in Reeve’s The Batman so far is some next level stuff, he’s really going for the best Batman Solo Movie of all time huh :happy:

Reactions: Noodles and vexred
News outlets are now saying that Jonah Hill wanted to be The Riddler and Matt Reeves wanted him to be Penguin. The Riddler is going to be the primary villain and that's why they couldn't come to an agreement. Saw someone mention How good Stephen Graham would be for Penguin. I'd be happy enough with that.
I adore Graham, but honestly can't see him as Penguin... in which case, maybe he'd be perfect since he'd be an unexpected choice lol.

Reactions: vexred
I adore Graham, but honestly can't see him as Penguin... in which case, maybe he'd be perfect since he'd be an unexpected choice lol.

I think the penguin is going to be a lot different to the Burton take. More of a traditional gangster. My choice would be Andy Serkis but Graham would do a great job imo. Just depends whether their schedules could align, because Serkis is directing Venom 2.

Oh wow! I’m so happy hill has become a greedy f****ck and the deal went sour. Dano is absolutely perfect for the riddler. Perfect

Also people mentioning Stephen graham as a good choice for the penguin. Erm..... 100% YESSSSSS

That guy is a highly underrated actor. He is a British gem and a national treasure. I’ve loved him since snatch and this is England. He’d make that role incredibly scary

Reactions: Noodles

Take it with a pinch of salt. From the editor of Geeks Worldwide. I could see this being true though. He added that Gordon would be his Watson. Sounds good to me.

Reeves is really going for it huh, the best Live Action Batman solo movie ever! as it seems so far he’s getting quite a bit of inspiration from B:TAS which for me is the quintessential portrayal of Batman period! which I’ve been a huge fan of since ‘92 so each lil tidbit we get for this has me giddy with excitement, bring on 2021 :joy:

1572868458159.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: Drum18
Surely some of this casting 'news' is simply a case of throwing enough **** and hoping some of it sticks? Serkis as Alfred? Farrell as Penguin? Only one I've read today I can remotely get on board with is Matthew Mcconaughey as Harvey Dent/Two Face