The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Ok so i'm cool with the Chest Armor... BUT...

I am NOT a fan of the cowl, looks very odd / homemade leather... and I also don't like the popped up collar thing.
Guys... I'm worried.

batman_test2.jpg

Reactions: DMD4k and vexred
It does has a very daredevil (especially with the red video) and night owl (watchmen) feel but I’m liking it

One thing I really like is the bat symbol chest plate. Seen a few on twitter thinking it could be made from the gun that killed his parents. Honestly if that turns out to be true then that might be the coolest and ballsy-est thing in a Batman movie ever.

the suit is very Arkham knight esque and looks like he will be able to move very well

Someone did a better job then me and did full color... Thoughts?

View attachment 462066

I’m actually really digging this batsuit as there’s a quite abit to love about it with that raw edge feel to it. Getting an Adam West vibe from the cowl, earth 2 vibe with the collar and Arkham Knight vibe with the suit oh and love that chiseled jawline! What @Flloydo is saying about the rumours of the bat symbol chest plate is true well that’s some serious dark weight to carry around as a constant reminder which is straight up badass and actually lines up with what Battinson has mentioned in the past about his portrayal of the bat and his morality compass is a little off.

“Speaking to The New York Times, Pattinson explained that while production for The Batmanis still off in the distance (“I’ve still got a few months before we start shooting”), his ideas about Bruce Wayne are well-formed. When asked about Batman’s superhero status, the actor explained that — like other iterations of the Caped Crusader — his version of Bruce Wayne isn’t a pure Samaritan. “Batman’s not a hero, though,” said Pattinson. “He’s a complicated character. I don’t think I could ever play a real hero — there’s always got to be something a little bit wrong.”

A harsh, myopic Batman is nothing new, as past iterations of the character on film and in print have grappled with the vigilante’s severe form of justice. Looks like nothing will change even as we get a fresh Bat on the job in Reeves’ noirish take on the character.

“His morality is a little bit off,” Pattinson said. “He’s not the golden boy, unlike almost every other comic book character. There is a simplicity to his worldview, but where it sits is strange, which allows you to have more scope with the character.”

Last edited:
I love it! Very different to anything we've seen before, and I actually like that "homemade" look of the cowl where you can see the stitching. One thing I haven't seen anyone comment on though is the colour... I'm wondering if they maybe shot it in red light (I also thought it was Daredevil at first lol) to disguise it - imagine if it was brown leather rather than black. Interested to see what the ears look like, but very excited for this version overall! If I had to be picky, then I'd say the nose doesn't look quite right IMO.

Was so intrigued with what @Flloydo mentioned before and went looking for the source as this is quite amazing canon that brings so much light and justice to the final resting of Joe Chill’s Gun. So here we go this is where the rumours are coming from where the TRUE origins of Batman’s Logo is finally revealed in Detective Comics #1000 - It may have taken eighty years, and 1,000 issues, but thanks to Kevin Smith, Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Alex Sinclair, and Todd Klein, Bruce finally found justice for his parents.

1581676263952.jpeg

1581676290988.jpeg

1581676312049.jpeg

"It's not going into the trophy collection, Alfred. This gun was never fired at me, but it still scarred me for my life. I grew up broken and sad after this hunk of metal took everything from me. And who knows how many other lives it's ruined? Or ended. But after tonight, it's never going to hurt anyone again. I'm going to make that metal pay for its sins. I'm going to burn the metal that killed my parents. And forge it into something useful. So the metal that broke my heart as a child? That same metal will protect my heart as a man. And That is justice."

Reactions: Flloydo and vexred
I’ve done such a massive 360 on Pattison in the last few months that I seriously can’t wait for this. Can’t stop looking at that test footage. Love it

Reactions: willbar84
Ok so i'm cool with the Chest Armor... BUT...

I am NOT a fan of the cowl, looks very odd / homemade leather... and I also don't like the popped up collar thing.
Guys... I'm worried.

View attachment 462054
Personnally, hate everything about that costume! I despise the logo… BUT… I can understand that they need Something new since there's been so many iterations...

And when watching at it, all I see (as @Flloydo mentionned) is:
nite-owl-owlman-watchmen-dave-gibbons-ozymandias-png-favpng-A9kj1J64UtJssPbhm2umMNZBB.jpg

Reactions: Flloydo
This is our new Batman while he man not be the GOAT Batfleck, Battinson with the new suit and cowl will do just fine if the ears turn out like that :oohyeah:

View attachment 462203

Credit : Ellejart

That looks sick!!!!!!!!

Personnally, hate everything about that costume! I despise the logo… BUT… I can understand that they need Something new since there's been so many iterations...

And when watching at it, all I see (as @Flloydo mentionned) is:
View attachment 462258

I honestly think I see more night owl than daredevil. Maybe when we see it in full that will go away

Reactions: willbar84