The Cabin In The Woods (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 3, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 22, for Red Carpet subscribers from 9 AM, and for general sale after 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £25.99

20220720_163226.jpg

20220720_163300.jpg

20220720_163308.jpg

yeah, although it's cliched to say the original hmv steel is the best, it really is. :drool: and not only do i not like the artwork here (i personally think it's a bit crude), but i hate spoilers on covers and posters :angry:. i know this is the same as the US release, and i have seen the film, but it still sucks for those that haven't, especially when it's so unexpected the first time you see it.

200.gif

I'll say it again for about the hundredth time. The only time anything in the art on a steelbook is a spoiler is when somebody who has already seen the movie, and knows what it is, shouts out to other people "hey that cover is a spoiler!!!"

Nothing about that cover is a spoiler to anybody who hasn't seen the film. It doesn't give anything away except maybe the fact that Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins are in the movie and that is revealed in the opening scene.

If I hadn't seen the movie that cover wouldn't mean anything to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'll say it again for about the hundredth time. The only time anything in the art on a steelbook is a spoiler is when somebody who has already seen the movie, and knows what it is, shouts out to other people "hey that cover is a spoiler!!!"

My God! Nothing about that cover is a spoiler to anybody who hasn't seen the film. It doesn't give anything away except maybe the fact that Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins are in the movie and that is revealed in the opening scene!!!

So please, people, stop talking about what might or might not be a spoiler in steelbook threads.

Or, you know, if you can't contain yourself then use the spoiler tag!
To be fair you can even see the characters faces on the monitors too, I'd say it's pretty spoilerific art myself.

Nothing about that cover is a spoiler to anybody who hasn't seen the film. It doesn't give anything away except maybe the fact that Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins are in the movie and that is revealed in the opening scene.

Well, if you haven't already seen the film, you'll be waiting for the creatures on the back of the steelbook to turn up.

Which spoils the whole concept of the film from the start imo.....

Reactions: Noodles

indeed, a fair point, although i was just responding to others who had said the same thing. however, i have put my comments in under a spoiler, now, should have done that anyway. :)

Reactions: Stygian
To be fair you can even see the characters faces on the monitors too, I'd say it's pretty spoilerific art myself.

You can only see the face of one of the characters on the main part of the steelbook. The rest of the characters are facing away. In fact, I can't even make out what the faces on the monitors look like.

Well, if you haven't already seen the film, you'll be waiting for the creatures on the back of the steelbook to turn up.

Which spoils the whole concept of the film from the start imo.....

I disagree. But again, I don't see why people see the need in pointing things out to people who might not have seen the movie.

Anyway obviously it's just me that seems to think this way so I'll move on.

You can only see the face of one of the characters on the main part of the steelbook. The rest of the characters are facing away. In fact, I can't even make out what the faces on the monitors look like.
I agree that if you haven't seen the movie, and don't think while looking at it, like at all, then it's not spoilery. Especially when you're buying it sealed, with the slip on.
But if you look at the main monitor, not the 5 with faces, it shows exactly the same image as above, them 5 standing in exact same poses, so that's definitely a reveal for anyone with any analytical thinking.

Reactions: Punker76
I agree that if you haven't seen the movie, and don't think while looking at it, like at all, then it's not spoilery. Especially when you're buying it sealed, with the slip on.
But if you look at the main monitor, not the 5 with faces, it shows exactly the same image as above, them 5 standing in exact same poses, so that's definitely a reveal for anyone with any analytical thinking.

Ok so what does this tell people? What is your conclusion? If you hadn't seen the film, what would you think these images mean? Would you really come to any conclusion that would "spoil" the plot of the movie?

Personally, I didn't scrutinize the steelbook the way others have. I wouldn't even notice that stuff if it was on a movie poster at the theatre if I was going to see the movie.

I'm not aiming any of the above at you, I'm just asking anybody in general.

Ok so what does this tell people? What is your conclusion? If you hadn't seen the film, what would you think these images mean? Would you really come to any conclusion that would "spoil" the plot of the movie?

Personally, I didn't scrutinize the steelbook the way others have. I wouldn't even notice that stuff if it was on a movie poster at the theatre if I was going to see the movie.

I'm not aiming any of the above at you, I'm just asking anybody in general.
That's cool, no worries. From my point of view it's that the title evokes an 80's horror trope; being stranded in a desolate place, far from society, nothing but an ominous presence/unseen threat, probs no cell phone service if you were to bring it a little more up to date.... Proper Evil Dead style rickety shack in the middle of nowhere.

Seeing 2 dudes sat in front of a bank of monitors, eyes on said Cabin and their occupants.... Well the initial premise the title deliberately evokes is then blown out the water.

(Which is probably exactly why that section of the art is hidden behind the slip)

Ffs this has been painful

It’s an 11 year old film. This case and art was designed for fans of the film. Anyone who would buy that art in a print or steel
form (front art with the control centre below them) would be a huge fan of the film.
Hence why this is the art they chose 11 years later. If the film came out last week yes major spoiler.
But it didn’t and most who buy this will have seen the film. If you haven’t and you’re buying this to watch for the first time 11 years later and you’re moaning about the art ruining it then that’s your fault and problem, no one else's

Also there isn’t really a twist to this film.
It’s all laid out from the start and continues to show you the truth as it goes on. The big thing which isn’t a twist is that you get to see all the creatures you hear referenced and teased at the end in one of the craziest scenes in horror film history

I’m glad the control centre are featured in the art. it’s a genius design.

It’s an 11 year old film. This case and art was designed for fans of the film. Anyone who would buy that art in a print or steel
form (front art with the control centre below them) would be a huge fan of the film.
Hence why this is the art they chose 11 years later. If the film came out last week yes major spoiler.
But it didn’t and most who buy this will have seen the film. If you haven’t and you’re buying this to watch for the first time 11 years later and you’re moaning about the art ruining it then that’s your fault and problem, no one else's

It’s all laid out from the start and continues to show you the truth as it goes on. The big thing which isn’t a twist is that you get to see all the creatures you hear referenced and teased at the end in one of the craziest scenes in horror film history

I’m glad the control centre are featured in the art and it’s a genius design.

Schitts Creek Wow GIF by CBC

hot damn!!!! now *thats* what you call a contribution!

I’m glad the control centre are featured in the art. it’s a genius design.
Oof! Just a conversation about opposing viewpoints, no angst, not painful at all :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Oof! Just a conversation about opposing viewpoints, no angst, not painful at all :thumbs:
It is when people are getting stuff wrong (The twist comments + moaning about spoilers - I just had to read through all that sh!t in one go = painful).
The only twist in this film is that the stoner is right. That’s all.
The rest is just reveals and story progression.

And opposing viewpoints can be painful when they are stupid views (in general - Not just this)

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Some people watch movies for the first time 30, 40 years after release. I guess their views must be 'stupid', and it all must be their fault, including those that weren't born yet, or of proper age.

But it is hard to keep something from popular films a secret, especially after that many years.
For example I've never seen Soylent Green, but I've heard its famous quote.

Some people watch movies for the first time 30, 40 years after release. I guess their views must be 'stupid', and it all must be their fault, including those that weren't born yet, or of proper age.
I don’t mean that you Mong. I’ve watched films this year that came out 30 /40 years ago that I never see before. ( I watched a film Called The dead zone Last week that I’d never seen or heard of)

My point is it’s an old film now. You can’t be mad at people for talking about spoilers 11 years later or having those spoilers on art 11 years later. Ffs it’s not that hard to understand
But it is hard to keep something from popular films a secret, especially after that many years.
For example I've never seen Soylent Green, but I've heard its famous quote.