The "Considering upgrading" & /4K Owners thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to ask questions or chat about any new 4K equipment you've purchased here.

Attachments

• uhd1.jpg
    uhd1.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
Seeing as I'm quitting collecting steelbooks I thought I would spoil myself.....:whistle::joy:

My New JVC £10,000 4K Projector installed in Paris in Cinema room, 4K OLED for TV room later.......:naughty::hungry::woot:

Picture quality is amazing and just had it pro calibrated....:watch::wow::OMG::D

153822vvdl9s6l335gu6dv.jpg

Stock shots...

JVC-DLA-X700-1024x528.jpg

main_visual_x900r.jpg

Last edited:
not thought about holding off for 8k out 2016 then? as thought that would be the best :D

basil :naughty:
The good thing is these JVC projectors still retain their vaule well on the second hand market. So you can still get a decent return from selling.
As 4K bluray is still not out yet I think it will be quite a while before we see an 8K player and then have it in the home cinema market...
Also I have no idea when or if an 8K Blu Ray player is planned for release...

I think I will hold onto my new projector for a couple of years at least....:naughty::LOL:
Then we shall see....:watch::naughty:

...I think I will hold onto my new projector for a couple of years at least....:naughty::LOL:
Then we shall see....:watch::naughty:
I've had a JVC DLA-RS2 in my home theater (technically it's in the media/projection room; there are pics in the thread linked in my signature) for about 7 years, which is way longer than I thought I would hold onto it. I'm still thrilled with the image quality of this PJ, so much so that I did the previously unthinkable (for me): I purchased a replacement bulb to use when the current one gives up the ghost.

JVC makes great PJs!

it's all in my sig :cool:

people are complaining about the active 3D. to be honest, I don't know who is to blame, let me tell you why, last week I watched Avatar in 3D and picture was awesome, no crosstalk what so ever, however, 2 days ago I "tried" emphasizing on tried lol to watch Jaws 3D and 3D was unbearable. I had to stop. now I know this movie is old, but holy crap 3D was terrible. just for comparison sake about something else, yesterday I watched Jaws the Universal 100th Anniversary edition from 2012 and picture again was phenomenal, but watching Jaws 3D in non 3d wow, lots of grain, didn't look good at all.

I have Mad Max 4K HDR and it looked incredible, especially the desert scenes.

Does anyone own or have any thoughts on either of the following Samsung models? Both seem to have good reviews and are affordably priced.

UE49KU6400
UE50KU6020

Has anyone watched Blu-ray movies with HDR-emulation on your 4K monitor/TV? Is it any good?
Its alright, its a bit to bright and unrealistic in my view. Rather a 4K watched on movie setting or a more realistic setting closer to how the movie is suppose to be watched. It does have a decent effect, just too false imo.

Reactions: Funashi