The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help me with these? I was able to get lenticular magnets for all of the marvel steelbooks (tv shows included) but my source can no longer help me. I’m considering doing my own but dont know how

Hope I'm not pulling up an old thread here, but recently thought it would be cool to make some steelbook magnet lenticulars. The plan is to make a couple then order them together to keep shipping down, see what's worked and what hasn't, and hopefully end up with some nice magnets!
After trawling some of these (very useful might I add) forums of knowledge, decided to start proper simple with the Zavvi Red Turtle cover, which I ended up having to pretty much recreate in Photoshop (although didn't quite get a fully uncompressed frame of the image) and got it all set up in 3D for the result! Of course any comments/crit on what I've got so far is greatly appreciated, as this is still very new for me and am learning on my feet a little :)

redTurtleGif_02.gif

Got a few ideas of more complex covers to try next, so will be sure to post if I have anything new!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Hope I'm not pulling up an old thread here, but recently thought it would be cool to make some steelbook magnet lenticulars. The plan is to make a couple then order them together to keep shipping down, see what's worked and what hasn't, and hopefully end up with some nice magnets!
After trawling some of these (very useful might I add) forums of knowledge, decided to start proper simple with the Zavvi Red Turtle cover, which I ended up having to pretty much recreate in Photoshop (although didn't quite get a fully uncompressed frame of the image) and got it all set up in 3D for the result! Of course any comments/crit on what I've got so far is greatly appreciated, as this is still very new for me and am learning on my feet a little :)

View attachment 433137
Got a few ideas of more complex covers to try next, so will be sure to post if I have anything new!!
Simple, but works really well. Nice work!

I look forward to seeing more. :thumbs:

Reactions: RedFridge007
Thanks for the kind words Noodles :)
Chose the new Don't Look Now steelbook for my next lenticular attempt here, went for more depth with a more complex picture. Still a few things I need to work out in terms of getting more detail in some things, for example I would need to find an effective way of getting the rock in the foreground to be further in front of the water, while remaining part of that grassy verge around it and water beside it. Either way much happier with this, and now just have to find another cover to try!! After maybe two more will get them printed up and see how they look :naughty:
L4yvD0t.gif

I have thankfully fixed the floating girl in a newer version however, which is great because that was really bugging me