The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has ordered from this user on ebay? Are the lenti magnets any good?
Bastille Day, Evil Dead, Child's Play, The Shallows, Neon Demon and all Sin City ones (except the last picture)are from this shop.

The best looking ones have the flip-effect from Up to Down Down to Up (Neon Demon, Sin City1 Gail/Nancy) or Left to Right Right to Left.
Also the Comic ones (Sin City/Evil Dead) look awesome. The Evil Dead Lenti is the best from all the ones I have.
Be careful with the diagonal ones, because the overlaying is often too much (Both Sin City 2 ones). But this also depends on the Manufacturing of the Lentis.
It is an advantage to have one zoomed picture (like a face)and a distant-one (like a city or nature), because the pictures don't interfere with each other and you have no, for example, 2 faces on the picture when it is showing both overlayed.
Other good ones are these, that have one picture on the left and one on the right side of the Lenti and the Flip-effect goes also that way. These with minimal changes of the same picture are also worth a look I think.
Bad ones are washed on the pics and no image is shown nearly completely on its own.

I am thinking about to purchase these ones and guess that they look good.

:
1586113492284.png
1586113818381.png
1586113874271.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bojee
Bastille Day, Evil Dead, Child's Play, The Shallows, Neon Demon and all Sin City ones (except the last picture)are from this shop.

The best looking ones have the flip-effect from Up to Down Down to Up (Neon Demon, Sin City1 Gail/Nancy) or Left to Right Right to Left.
Also the Comic ones (Sin City/Evil Dead) look awesome. The Evil Dead Lenti is the best from all the ones I have.
Be careful with the diagonal ones, because the overlaying is often too much (Both Sin City 2 ones). But this also depends on the Manufacturing of the Lentis.
It is an advantage to have one zoomed picture (like a face)and a distant-one (like a city or nature), because the pictures don't interfere with each other and you have no, for example, 2 faces on the picture when it is showing both overlayed.
Other good ones are these, that have one picture on the left and one on the right side of the Lenti and the Flip-effect goes also that way. These with minimal changes of the same picture are also worth a look I think.
Bad ones are washed on the pics and no image is shown nearly completely on its own.

I am thinking about to purchase these ones and guess that they look good.

: View attachment 467644View attachment 467645View attachment 467646

thanks for the tips.
Those Sin City animated lentis look REALLY nice :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: komor
The steelbook magnets arrived and they're really nice. Still some little marks of the glue on the edges, but removable. All came unscratched and they are also resistant to light scratches and have a glossy finish.
20200416_145718_2.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good print on demand service for making custom magnetic covers for steelbooks? I've seen some folks on Etsy selling their own. Not interesting in doing it as a business venture but was curious if anyone did this on a small scale for their own personal collections. I mocked up an alternative cover for this release that might be fun to use instead of the teaser art. Thanks!

ESBsteelredux.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good print on demand service for making custom magnetic covers for steelbooks? I've seen some folks on Etsy selling their own. Not interesting in doing it as a business venture but was curious if anyone did this on a small scale for their own personal collections. I mocked up an alternative cover for this release that might be fun to use instead of the teaser art. Thanks!

View attachment 473333
@Drumass

Reactions: LookUpHannah

View attachment 473333
I can do this. Shoot me a pm