The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

275194509_4905030216273714_4927130614186274342_n.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been the biggest fan of the premiums that have come before because there's always been something that's put me off design wise - consistency is key with design for me, so these are perfect! Excited to see the slips. :D
Lol there’s no consistency here either tho. 2 villains!

The blufans and zeta steels also have no consistency (they both break on TDK - but they provide the best art yet). And there’s no way these look better than blufans or zetas lol.

Take fanboying and bias away and be honest. Don’t matter if you don’t collect zeta or BF either. Just be honest, the others provided better designs. Nothing special here compared to the others premium art sets. They look great together yeah. But in terms of art used, bf and zeta smashed it as a whole set with more unique arts

Suppose at the end of the day it won’t matter for me because I’ll own them all from all 3 retailers

Lol there’s no consistency here either tho. 2 villains!

The blufans and zeta steels also have no consistency (they both break on TDK - but they provide the best art yet). And there’s no way these look better than blufans or zetas lol.

Take fanboying and bias away and be honest. Don’t matter if you don’t collect zeta or BF either. Just be honest, the others provided better designs. Nothing special here compared to the others premium art sets. They look great together yeah. But in terms of art used, bf and zeta smashed it as a whole set with more unique arts

Suppose at the end of the day it won’t matter for me because I’ll own them all from all 3 retailers
I'm not talking about the characters though... in terms of design they are very consistent. Whilst it would've been cool to also see a villain on Begins, I can understand why they used Batman instead, and I personally have no issues with it. Yes, other labels have used awesome art, but there's literally no consistency between the designs for each film, and that always puts me off when it comes to steels/editions for franchises.

You're seriously on one today though mate... only just signed in about an hour ago and already seen you arguing and getting the hump with a number of folks lol. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they're "fanboying", which I'm surprised you're even accusing me of since you know I'm always honest and open about my views and have spoken out against some of Manta's stuff in the past - admittedly they are my favourite label, so of course i'm going to want to give constructive criticism if I feel it necessary. Who knows, maybe I'll hate the slips. :ohno:

Anyway, go have a sip of coffee or something, otherwise I'll get Miss Piggy to have a word!

miss piggy muppets GIF

P.S. You choose some of the randomest avatars :LOL:

consistency is key with design for me, so these are perfect! Excited to see the slips. :D
Consistency may be the key (BluFans fell flat on the nose there), but these images are bad (especially BB). All three characters pose in a way as if they didn't want to show up for the photo shoot.

HDZeta has best-looking steels, but their entire trilogy package is overkill.

If Manta comes up with good-looking full slips, I'd replace their steels with Zeta's. Expensive, but may end up looking great.

Reactions: samdavies
Hello.
I too like the uniformity.
I hope that with these releases they will introduce an option like HDZ to guarantee a release that comes out later with the first order.

I think Rises looks the best here being that it's actually using poster art the right way up. I can't help but look at TDK and know that it should be angled. Begins on the other hand looks like a quick cut and paste job. Could cave for TDK purely because I like having Heath's Joker on display, but think for now I'll just sit tight with my Blufans pre-order and get their much nicer version of Begins, uniformity be damned.

Reactions: PracticingPat
I'm not talking about the characters though... in terms of design they are very consistent. Whilst it would've been cool to also see a villain on Begins, I can understand why they used Batman instead, and I personally have no issues with it. Yes, other labels have used awesome art, but there's literally no consistency between the designs for each film, and that always puts me off when it comes to steels/editions for franchises.

You're seriously on one today though mate... only just signed in about an hour ago and already seen you arguing and getting the hump with a number of folks lol. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they're "fanboying", which I'm surprised you're even accusing me of since you know I'm always honest and open about my views and have spoken out against some of Manta's stuff in the past - admittedly they are my favourite label, so of course i'm going to want to give constructive criticism if I feel it necessary. Who knows, maybe I'll hate the slips. :ohno:

Anyway, go have a sip of coffee or something, otherwise I'll get Miss Piggy to have a word!

miss piggy muppets GIF

P.S. You choose some of the randomest avatars :LOL:

Don’t think he ever has anything nice or positive to say if I’m being honest.

Oh here we go. Because once I didn’t like a slip you liked. And it hurt your feelings. Grow up

Not the case at all. There’s many things I don’t like. Everyone has different opinions which I completely respect. But every time I come on here you’re either in an argument with someone or bashing or being completely negative.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Not the case at all. There’s many things I don’t like. Everyone has different opinions which I completely respect. But every time I come on here you’re either in an argument with someone or bashing or being completely negative.
Ok I’ll say this to you once because out of everyone you’ve disappointed me the most since that drive outburst. And I’ve ignored you since purely because I thought that’s what you wanted. We got on outside of this site. Spoke a lot on insta etc. Thought you was cool. But you equally know I’m not arguing with people who im mates With on here. Most of its Banter, and you would of seen that on my insta that’s how I’m like with my close friends. There’s some d!ckheads yeah and I’m one of them to some but they guys who know me like you did knew that I wasn’t being negative and actually screaming at people. I’m sorry I can’t be a brown nose for every premium Edition. If there’s something I don’t like or think art don’t work I’ll state it. You just got upset because drive meant so much to you that my opinion of a slip genuinely hurt your feelings. I found that odd and out of the blue so I left you alone after that. Because it surprised me.

But hey look at the stats on my messages and my reaction score and you go off. Think otherwise. It’s sad you genuinely think I’m going to war with members all the time and constantly negative. When that’s far from the truth

Reactions: gAnX