Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 27, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £39.99

81uKGo7tXFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
so many people have bad taste :(
I know you're kind of joking, but most people don't know about the other, 'premium' releases, and I don't think we want them to know, as it's hard to get them as is (unless print runs are trippled), or they don't want to pay $100 a release, plus it's the first time these are released in such packages.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
This is the only title out of the 5 that is sold out from Zavvi. Probably due to international orders.

It's still available from the other retailers. I see that Amazon UK is currently allowing shipping to Canada for this.

The Dark Knight Trilogy now has the steelbooks only, without any extras, listed on CeDe. Batman and Batman Returns are only listed as the Collectors Edition's.
There are new pics, showing the steelbooks from a different angle.
17718777_1_92.jpg

17718778_1_92.jpg
17718779_1_92.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy now has the steelbooks only, without any extras, listed on CeDe. Batman and Batman Returns are only listed as the Collectors Edition's.
There are new pics, showing the steelbooks from a different angle.
View attachment 529385

The steelbook only editions do have extras
Extras are on discs

When mentioning extras in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases that always means discs content

When it comes to items like slipbox/slipcover/booklet/art cards etc etc that's means collectible packaging content

The steelbook only editions do have extras
Extras are on discs

When mentioning extras in regards to DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases that always means discs content

When it comes to items like slipbox/slipcover/booklet/art cards etc etc that's means collectible packaging content
Thanks for clarifying. I can‘t edit it anymore. If a moderator is still able to, you can change it to avoid confusions.

Reactions: paulboland
I feel like these are gonna have a cheap finish. I'm just not seeing these turn out good, but I hope I'm wrong, so people who ordered can be happy with the final product. I'm gonna stick with Blufans, Manta Lab & HDZeta.

Apologies if posted elsewhere already but haven't haven't it, Golden Discs (Ireland) put up this image advertising these releases, looks like the sleeves differ from the steels:

277773439_5534395033255951_5678958392581055562_n.jpg

Really don't get why these are classed as 'ultimate' editions..
Let's face it, the market has been flooded with the Dark Knight Trilogy steelbooks over and over for years and that will continue for years to come...
As these are supposedly 'ultimate' are we to assume that all future editions will be inferior? :naughty::naughty:

Really don't get why these are classed as 'ultimate' editions..
Let's face it, the market has been flooded with the Dark Knight Trilogy steelbooks over and over for years and that will continue for years to come...
As these are supposedly 'ultimate' are we to assume that all future editions will be inferior? :naughty::naughty:
It's a gimmick, but you know it :)

They're gonna remaster BB and TDK at some point, there's definitely room for improvement in those transfers.
Then, after that, they might be done with milking these movies.

Apologies if posted elsewhere already but haven't haven't it, Golden Discs (Ireland) put up this image advertising these releases, looks like the sleeves differ from the steels:

View attachment 530554
@NateDog
The slips images on Golden Discs are the same as previously posted Batman Returns and Batman (1989)

They're gonna remaster BB and TDK at some point, there's definitely room for improvement in those transfers.
Then, after that, they might be done with milking these movies.
They're both scans of the original negative, in native 4K, with a director approved HDR grading. There is literally nothing else to remaster. Unless nolan changes his mind on dolby atmos & vision, which is unlikely, that's what you're stuck with.