Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 27, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £39.99

81uKGo7tXFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Credits on the back, of course. This is a trend that can’t end soon enough for me.

I don’t know. Don’t love them and don’t hate them. But I can see these all having a dull matte finish. And I won’t be surprised if the slip boxes end up being the flimsy kind with text covering the back.

I have them all preordered, but really leaning toward cancelling. Not sure yet.

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Credits on the back, of course. This is a trend that can’t end soon enough for me.

I don’t know. Don’t love them and don’t hate them. But I can see these all having a dull matte finish. And I won’t be surprised if the slip boxes end up being the flimsy kind with text covering the back.

I have them all preordered, but really leaning toward cancelling. Not sure yet.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if these aren't matte. Even if is just spot gloss on the bat symbols front and back that'll do me. So there's not a streaky, matte on bare metal finish :ugh:

I'm not a fan of credits either, but its wb, so i didn't really expect anything less. TDK is the only one I'm tempted by anyway and the credits aren't so obvious on that one.

The slips will be thick, hard card and decent quality btw. Very unlikely to have printed backs. All the recent WB collectors editions have been like this. Again, if they spot gloss the coloured section, that'll be a winner imo.

Reactions: JGCramp
Awesome steelbooks, and the editions are 'ultimate', because they're the best and most packed with physical goodies wide releases ever.
You shouldn't compare them to your motherboxes and HDClub wooden boxsets.

The slips will be thick, hard card and decent quality btw. Very unlikely to have printed backs. All the recent WB collectors editions have been like this. Again, if they spot gloss the coloured section, that'll be a winner imo.
Yes, thanks. For some reason I blanked on the other recent WB releases with slip boxes, which is funny because I got The Green Mile set from Zavvi not long ago.

Reactions: apsmith21
Yes, thanks. For some reason I blanked on the other recent WB releases with slip boxes, which is funny because I got The Green Mile set from Zavvi not long ago.
I haven't bought that yet. I love the film, but the release isn't screaming "quality" to me. Not selling out either, so hopefully a price drop will tempt me. Do you like it? Worthwhile purchase?

I haven't bought that yet. I love the film, but the release isn't screaming "quality" to me. Not selling out either, so hopefully a price drop will tempt me. Do you like it? Worthwhile purchase?
Yes, I do like it and think it’s a nice set. I actually like the steelbook with the zero finish even though the US release is glossy.

That said, like most releases these days it’s definitely not worth the price I paid. So, I don’t blame you for waiting for a price drop.

Reactions: samdavies
All the collectors editions I want have been pushed to June! This, the witch, drive ......

Oh well only a month

Spotted on reddit, the FNAC orders are arriving which I would imagine are the same as what we'll be seeing. Still tricky to tell what exact finish is like from these photos, but it's suggested they're not glossy at least:

Have put the images in spoiler since I'm adding the pics from all 3 in the series, figured this would at least be the most watched post of the set but can remove the non TDK images if requested to keep the thread clean.
asgbpgc01y691.jpg

1thm0mq31y691.jpg

wohdi9cg1y691.jpg

cd76i9cg1y691.jpg

7788v9cg1y691.jpg

r898j9cg1y691.jpg

91wb4zcg1y691.jpg

The dark knight slip box has that awful bubbling where it’s not glued together properly. Not a sign of quality. I got one like this once and it looks terrible. Think these will be around for a long time.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Spotted on reddit, the FNAC orders are arriving which I would imagine are the same as what we'll be seeing. Still tricky to tell what exact finish is like from these photos, but it's suggested they're not glossy at least:

Have put the images in spoiler since I'm adding the pics from all 3 in the series, figured this would at least be the most watched post of the set but can remove the non TDK images if requested to keep the thread clean.
asgbpgc01y691.jpg

1thm0mq31y691.jpg

wohdi9cg1y691.jpg

cd76i9cg1y691.jpg

7788v9cg1y691.jpg

r898j9cg1y691.jpg

91wb4zcg1y691.jpg

Not bad thanks for posting :thumbs:

I cancelled my orders as just can't afford them this month but might still pick them up down the line

The dark knight steel looks decent and from what I can see the slip has the finish I wanted (spot gloss image? Matte black part, possible holofoil from the look of the image going on the back) but why does it look baggy? Hmmm

Canceling my order. Was in only for TDK. But having quality like this is waste of €.
Not to mention there's gambling also with how box will arrive... Thx for pics.