paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 5, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £27.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 (Amazon - HMV)
Notes: No longer a Zavvi exclusive

Front.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited:
I love the art on this, Its by Needle Design
Thought it looked somewhat familiar! I see this was an earlier concept Matt did with the final version being slightly different. As a poster I think it's great and I love the idea behind it, but it doesn't translate well as steelbook art IMHO - or at least it's not the type of artwork we're used to seeing on steels. Shame they didn't just commission him to do new art and design the entire steelbook... I'm sure he would've given us something truly special if they'd given him the opportunity.

My version of the Needle design.

Unfortunately it's only a young roe deer with its horns in velvet instead of an elk with an impressive set of points and it's only a Gerstenberger & Eberwein EM-GE LP3a .22 air pistol instead of a
1624368912632.png

Unfortunately the poor deer has lost some of its hair so is now relegated to the garage
20210622_072101_resized.jpg

I think it looks equally bad as a poster. The artwork seems very crude to me, almost as if whoever put it together hadn't even seen the film. It's like they attempted some literal interpretation of the title.

If that stupid pistol against the deer's head wasn't there, it would have worked much better (in my opinion).

I think it looks equally bad as a poster. The artwork seems very crude to me, almost as if whoever put it together hadn't even seen the film. It's like they attempted some literal interpretation of the title.

If that stupid pistol against the deer's head wasn't there, it would have worked much better (in my opinion).

I don't think you can come up with that art just from the title. You wouldn't use a hand holding a pistol to indicate deer hunting. By using a handgun held to the head the artist obviously knows something about the film

Reactions: Retro Parrot
I don't think you can come up with that art just from the title. You wouldn't use a hand holding a pistol to indicate deer hunting. By using a handgun held to the head the artist obviously knows something about the film

Fair comment. But I didn't say the 'artist' hadn't seen the film, but that it was almost as if they hadn't seen the film. By that, I meant that, in my opinion, this artwork widely misses the tone of this film as it looks quite comical to me.

Yes, handguns are a big part of the film, but one held point-blank against the deer's head, in what appears to be an outdoor setting, looks pretty dumb.

Definitely a 'no' from me :)

At least the back is a slight improvement over the previous release.:LOL:

Everyone seems to hate this so hopefully won't have to wait to long for a decent price drop,

Don't have this in 4K yet so I'm actually glad it's matte finish, might make a hybrid, just wish the image wasn't off-centre.

What do you guys think?:dunno:

dh4k.jpg

That’s amazing. It actually looks better lol

I love how the metaphor don’t translate well with the design and we all (mostly) hate it. But you add a bandana and take it too far ridiculous it actually works lol

satire always works

• Thanks
Reactions: toykuehn
i have this in hand and yeah it could have been better but it is what it is and yeah i like it better than the original release, some how i was expecting some bossing, so no nice treatment on awesome movies like this, almost famous or Hitchcock films :(