The Fifth Element (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive) [Hong Kong]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group buy: TBA

Note: From Manta Lab via Collectong

Dear Customers,

Happy CNY everyone! We are happy to announce the 2023 exclusive steelbook releases (Tentative). All releases from the list are not guaranteed. 2022 releases that were not released in 2022 may not release in 2023 due to issues from our distributor.

327297359_402447192098203_42376022072270574_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. Again just when zavvi are releasing a £100 version. Why do all these premiums have to make the same films and release them at the same time as other premium releases or collectors editions. It’s so odd and frustrating

So yeah ok, this, Leon, RD are all cool but in my honest opinion, the only ones I look forward to are everything everywhere, inception and possibly oppenheimer but I’m just going off a trailer for the last one. The others have either been done to death or I don’t have interest.

The good news is 1 has already been ordered and 4 aren’t even out at the cinema yet.

For me announcing 15 for the year kills the excitement. Look at all the other titles that are cancelled or on the back burner. Ffs. Just announce 1 at a time

Hmmmm. Again just when zavvi are releasing a £100 version. Why do all these premiums have to make the same films and release them at the same time as other premium releases or collectors editions. It’s so odd and frustrating

So yeah ok, this, Leon, RD are all cool but in my honest opinion, the only ones I look forward to are everything everywhere, inception and possibly oppenheimer but I’m just going off a trailer for the last one. The others have either been done to death or I don’t have interest.

The good news is 1 has already been ordered and 4 aren’t even out at the cinema yet.

For me announcing 15 for the year kills the excitement. Look at all the other titles that are cancelled or on the back burner. Ffs. Just announce 1 at a time
Inception has been done to death as well tbf. But yeah, I agree... gets tiring seeing the same films receiving premium editions over and over again, especially when there are still great titles out there yet to even receive a single steelbook release.

I‘m surprised that Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill have been scrapped for 2023, hopefully not totally scrapped. So yeah I agree, maybe doing a quarterly release announcement could work. Announce titles that 100% are going for preorder in the next 3 months.

Inception has been done to death as well tbf. But yeah, I agree... gets tiring seeing the same films receiving premium editions over and over again, especially when there are still great titles out there yet to even receive a single steelbook release.
Has it? I thought there’s only a zeta inception premium with a WWA steel? Or do you mean in general? Then yeah

Yeah it’s frustrating. Even though I don’t own the kimchi fifth element it’s still been done to death and also that big edition coming from zavvi and EB.

And yeah it’s cool that flash, beetleborgs, dune 2 and Oppenheimer have been announced but they are also expected because of WB DCEU and Nolan. It’s no surprise

Everything everywhere is the red herring here, because it’s actually surprising

Has it? I thought there’s only a zeta inception premium with a WWA steel? Or do you mean in general? Then yeah

Yeah it’s frustrating. Even though I don’t own the kimchi fifth element it’s still been done to death and also that big edition coming from zavvi and EB.

And yeah it’s cool that flash, beetleborgs, dune 2 and Oppenheimer have been announced but they are also expected because of WB DCEU and Nolan. It’s no surprise

Didnt they announce last year the cooperation with Disney btw? Is any of these titles by Disney?

Didnt they announce last year the cooperation with Disney btw? Is any of these titles by Disney?
Don’t think any of those are fox/ Disney

But then I don’t know who distributes Leon, RD, or fifth element in their neck of the woods. I highly doubt it tho

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy

I can't actually recall how many exactly, but I know there's definitely been more than just the HDZ one. Obviously there's been a ton of standalone steel releases for it too.

True. they're obviously expected to do all the big WB titles I suppose.

All this goes for other premium labels as well though and not just Manta... they're all as bad as one another for releasing the same stuff over and over again lol.

I didn't even enjoy EEAAO as much as others seemed to, but I'm still excited to see it getting a premium release. Was bound to happen sooner or later though!

It's a good list of WB lol I'll be getting most of them.

Will probably pass on TDKR, fifth element, leon and resi dogs though. I've already got premiums of them, so unless manta put something amazing out...

Also concerned there's no Shazam 2, when there's flash and blue beetle. Not a good sign. Hopefully HDZ or blufans can release to plug the gap in my DC collection.

Reactions: Noodles
I can't actually recall how many exactly, but I know there's definitely been more than just the HDZ one. Obviously there's been a ton of standalone steel releases for it too.
I think it’s just zeta mate. I was after it for years and no others used to pop up from other premiums But it does have a lot of standard releases
True. they're obviously expected to do all the big WB titles I suppose.

Yeah we can expect them every year with DCEU, Nolan and other big WB
All this goes for other premium labels as well though and not just Manta... they're all as bad as one another for releasing the same stuff over and over again lol.
Oh yeah of course. Blufans currently with prestige with manta. And their TDK

Happens all the bloody time.
I didn't even enjoy EEAAO as much as others seemed to, but I'm still excited to see it getting a premium release. Was bound to happen sooner or later though!
Can’t wait to see how that turns out. Might even one click if it does it for me

Reactions: Noodles
It's a good list of WB lol I'll be getting most of them.

I'll still be going for them all too lol
Will probably pass on TDKR, fifth element, leon and resi dogs though. I've already got premiums of them, so unless manta put something amazing out...

Also concerned there's no Shazam 2, when there's flash and blue beetle. Not a good sign. Hopefully HDZ or blufans can release to plug the gap in my DC collection.

Yeah what’s with Shazam? Why was the first one not released again? Anyway I wonder if it’s do with that too

Leon and filth element will be gaumont. Not sure on resi, likely the "P" logo distributor they used for Her and Drive etc..
Cheers. So a lot of locked discs then. Luckily have fifth and RD on 4K so hopefully Leon will be a 4K release too so I can actually watch it

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah what’s with Shazam? Why was the first one not released again? Anyway I wonder if it’s do with that too
Still gutted about that one tbh. Not only because Shazam was actually a really fun movie, but also because it now means there's a gap in Manta's DC releases (n)

Oh sh!t yeah I forgot about that one.

No wonder why though

I actually liked the artwork they used for the front of the lenticular slip. It‘s one of my favorite Inception artworks, I even got a steal with that art. But can‘t remember the quality of the lenti.
But I never tried to get it anyway, I‘m trying not to buy premiums with WWA steels

Reactions: Flloydo
oooh this makes me feel a bit better after missing out on the Zavvi collectors edition.
But.....Will it contain the MULTI PASS?