The Frighteners Ultimate Editions (4K + Blu-ray Limited Editions) (Turbine Media Exclusive) [Germany]

Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: December 2, 2022
Purchase link: Turbine - Classic Artwork Edition - New Artwork Edition
Price: €66.66
Notes: 6-Disc Ultimate Editions - Numbered
2 x 4K UHD (Theatrical Cut / Director's Cut)
2 x Blu-ray (Theatrical Cut / Director's Cut)
2 x Blu-ray Bonus Discs

Classic Artwork Edition (limited to 4.444 pieces)

thUcRqA.jpg

New Artwork Edition (limited to 3.333 pieces)

b5aAeP2.jpg

Restoration
THE FRIGHTENERS has been exclusively restored by Turbine and is presented in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The original 35mm negative was scanned in 4K resolution at Universal Post, USA. LSP Medien restored the scan in 4K in Germany and graded it in HDR/Dolby Vision in consultation with Peter Jackson. In New Zealand, Peter Jackson approved this restoration.

Dolby Atmos Mix
The Dolby Atmos mix was created based on the original Director’s Cut ProTools project. This allowed dialogue, music and effects to be re-embedded into the 3D sound mix. Thus, an additional Dolby Atmos mix was created for the English language version.

Open Matte Version
The film was shot in the Super 35 format, exposing an image that contains more information at the top and bottom than the theatrical format matted to 2.35:1. This edition contains a widescreen version authorized by Peter Jackson in 1.78:1 and 16:9 respectively for the first time, showing more content at the top and bottom.

Tech Info & Bonus:

Language:
Director's Cut:
- German & English Dolby Atmos
- English - DTS-HD MA 5.1 & 2.0 (UHD)
- English - DTS 2.0 & 5.1 (BD)
Theatrical:
- German & English DTS-HD MA 5.1 & 2.0

Image Format:
- 2.35:1 (2160p 4K Ultra HD) with HDR and Dolby Vision (UHD)
- 2.35:1 (1080p24) (Blu-ray)

Subtitles:
German, German HoH, English, English HoH
Runtime: DC: ca. 123 Min, Theatrical: ca. 110 Min

Bonus Material:
+ World Premiere of the Director's Cut as Open Matte version (approved by Peter Jackson)
+ 196-page book "The World of Peter Jackson" (in German)
+ World-exclusive new artwork & poster by Ronan Wolf Chuat
+ Artcards and Business Card Replica
+ No Way to Make a Living* - New Bonus Featurette with interviews from Cast & Crew (95 Min)
+ The Making of THE FRIGHTENERS* (270 Min.)
+ Audio Commentary by Peter Jackson*
+ Trailers

* Optional English & German Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't buy that French edition in a metal case earlier this year, because that digipack was worse, than my old DVD one, and rumors of UHD release been around for two years.
Arrow will probably release this as well, but I'm not sure their edition will be as good - here there's a beautiful digipack and disc art.

Love the Frighteners. Finally 4k. Gonna get both options!
Ordered both editions :)
Why? They're the same.

I didn't buy that French edition in a metal case earlier this year, because that digipack was worse, than my old DVD one, and rumors of UHD release been around for two years.
Arrow will probably release this as well, but I'm not sure their edition will be as good - here there's a beautiful digipack and disc art.

Why? They're the same.
For the artwork. Same way people buy all 3 versions of the Anolis mediabooks for the artwork