The future of DCU (2023-????)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
James Gunn shares his vision for the future of the DC Universe and the upcoming slate from DC Studios. Get ready to see stories you never imagined possible before on the big screen. Which project are you most excited about?

CHAPTER 1: GODS & MONSTERS
Creature Commandos [TV/Animation]
Waller [TV/Live Action]
Superman: Legacy (July 11, 2025) [Film]
Lanterns [TV/Live Action]
The Authority [Film]
Paradise Lost [TV/Live Action]
The Brave and the Bold [Film]
Booster Gold [TV/Live Action]
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow [Film]
Swamp Thing [Film]

Last edited:
Bit of an unexpected announcement of sorts, biggest being it seems like we will have no DC releases at all next year, film or otherwise. Really wouldn't surprise me if Aquaman is pushed into next year. 4 DC films in 23 is overkill if there's none in 24.

Young sups, fair. I mean we knew that was being rebooted.

Supergirl, again fair. Probably different actress to the flash.

A batman and robin film. Assuming robin isnt really old, that probably puts keaton out of the running as a DCU batman now then and Afleck is done, so that's another new batman there.

Totally up for a swamp thing film.

I know nothing about "The Authority".

Paradise lost, lanterns and waller all sound good as tv shows, assuming they bring back cena for the latter.

@samdavies Robin will be a teenager

Lanterns being compared to True Detective has me excited. The TV properties seem to have a lot of people from HBO behind them so we won't get any bs like the CW shows.

Having the actors from live action be the voice for animated films/TV and games is a great idea.

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah definitely not keaton then. Gunn did also say the flash would reset things and did hint at Aquaman 3.. so seeing as Aquaman 2 is after flash that should mean it'll be new dcu canon and momoa is still in. At least that's something positive.

326923296_3462234397392514_6739437219167396773_n.jpeg

I wish they would make a movie adaption or animated series of the Dark Knights death metal series.
Would love to see what they could do with The Drowned (bryce wayne) and others
ezgif-4-a8be41d6c9.jpg
TBWLVillainsVariant.png
dark_nights_death_metal_3.jpg
ezgif-4-3b9a7825d1.jpg