The Godfather Trilogy - 50th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Deluxe Limited Edition) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: March 21, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £119.99

81dZnU2glYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This edition looks more interesting, bigger, than US. Art prints ready to frame/hang, large format booklet!

Edit: Oh, I think I posted in the wrong section, and there's a similar edition for the US.
@IRON MAN please move, sorry!

Last edited:
The Amazon U.S. listing is $182.99 and appears to only be a 5 discs edition. No Blu-rays. Seems to be a Paramount thing in the U.S. with not including Blu-rays. The recent Indiana Jones 4 movie set didn't have the Blu-rays either. Neither did the recent Scream 1 steelbook.

Amazon product

The Amazon U.S. listing is $182.99 and appears to only be a 5 discs edition. No Blu-rays. Seems to be a Paramount thing in the U.S. with not including Blu-rays. The recent Indiana Jones 4 movie set didn't have the Blu-rays either. Neither did the recent Scream 1 steelbook.

Amazon product

USA collector's edition release is 4 UHD discs and 1 Blu-ray (5 Discs)
Films on 3x 4K UHD and 2 bonus discs
The bonus discs are (1x 4K UHD and 1x Blu-ray)

UK collector's edition is 4 UHD discs and 5 Blu-ray (9 Discs)
3 Films on 3x 4K UHD and 3x Blu-ray and 3 bonus discs
The bonus discs are (1x 4K UHD and 2x Blu-ray)

There is also separate 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases

4K UHD standard edition (5 Discs)
Amazon product

Blu-ray standard edition (4 Discs)
Amazon product

I’m all for not including blu rays of movies. I’m even OK with just putting all the extras on a 4K disks (even if the content isn’t 4K), but I don’t get why the USA costs more than the UK release, which presumably costs more to produce.

Reactions: 3Maters
I’m all for not including blu rays of movies. I’m even OK with just putting all the extras on a 4K disks (even if the content isn’t 4K), but I don’t get why the USA costs more than the UK release, which presumably costs more to produce.
The previous extras are on Blu-ray disc that is why 4K UHD release has a Blu-ray disc

There are 2 bonus discs in 4K UHD release
New extras on 4K UHD disc and previous extras on Blu-ray

NEW BONUS CONTENT:
Disc 4
4K UHD Disc
  • The Godfather: Part III—newly remastered and restored versions of the original theatrical cut and Coppola's 1991 cut (note: these are exclusive to the 4K UHD releases)
  • Introduction to The Godfather by Francis Ford Coppola
  • Full Circle: Preserving The Godfather—Paramount Pictures archivists detail the incredible restoration process with archival footage showing the evolution of the film through various home entertainment incarnations as picture and audio technologies make quantum leaps over the decades.
  • Capturing the Corleones: Through the Lens of Photographer Steve Schapiro— In this reflective and frank discussion, special photographer Steve Schapiro shares his unique perspective and cherished memories as a witness to the making of this seminal film. Commentary on curated archival images makes for a fascinating, never-before-seen addition to the production's history.
  • The Godfather: Home Movies— An assortment of 8mm home movie footage shot in 1971 offers a candid glimpse into the production of The Godfather. Shot on location at the Norton family estate on Staten Island's Emerson Hill, this is the first time it's been made available to the public.
  • Restoration Comparisons— Before and after highlights showcase extensive picture quality improvements to The Godfather.

Disc 5 Blu-ray Disc
Previous bonus extras blu-ray disc
  • The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn't
  • Godfather World
  • Emulsional Rescue—Revealing The Godfather
  • When the shooting stopped
  • The Godfather on the Red Carpet
  • Four Short Films on The Godfather
    • The Godfather vs. The Godfather: Part II
    • Cannoli
    • Riffing on the Riffing
    • Clemenza
  • The Family Tree
  • Crime Organization Chart
  • Connie and Carlo's Wedding Album
  • 2008 Credits
  • Behind the Scenes
    • A Look Inside
    • On Location
    • Francis Ford Coppola's Notebook
    • Music of The Godfather
      • Nino Rota
      • Carmine Coppola
    • Coppola & Puzo on Screenwriting
    • Gordon Willis on Cinematography
    • Storyboards – The Godfather: Part II
    • Storyboards – The Godfather: Part III
    • The Godfather Behind the Scenes 1971
  • Additional Scenes
  • Galleries
  • Trailers
  • Acclaim & Response
  • Additional Material
  • The Filmmakers

Last edited:
Went with the standard 4k set from Zavvi for 74.99. Been a while since I seen these and never seen the Coda cut of part 3 but very much looking forward to a UHD rewatch

Reactions: crib79
I bought this on DVD and a couple of times on Blu-ray, but have not ever seen a single one of the movies in their entirety (cannot go through life and not see scenes out of it here and there). Maybe after buying it on UHD I'll finally watch it... or maybe another Resident Evil sequel comes out, and I forget. :wacky:

USA collector's edition release is 4 UHD discs and 1 Blu-ray (5 Discs)
Films on 3x 4K UHD and 2 bonus discs
The bonus discs are (1x 4K UHD and 1x Blu-ray)

UK collector's edition is 4 UHD discs and 5 Blu-ray (9 Discs)
3 Films on 3x 4K UHD and 3x Blu-ray and 3 bonus discs
The bonus discs are (1x 4K UHD and 2x Blu-ray)
Wait, so there's an extra extras BD in the UK edition? Why, what's on it? If it's just a previously released bonus disc, then, to my knowledge, all trilogy releases on BD in all countries had 1 extras disc.

I bought this on DVD and a couple of times on Blu-ray, but have not ever seen a single one of the movies in their entirety (cannot go through life and not see scenes out of it here and there). Maybe after buying it on UHD I'll finally watch it... or maybe another Resident Evil sequel comes out, and I forget. :wacky:

Wait, so there's an extra extras BD in the UK edition? Why, what's on it? If it's just a previously released bonus disc, then, to my knowledge, all trilogy releases on BD in all countries had 1 extras disc.
The Blu-ray release has always been 4 discs
Films on 3 discs and legacy extras on bonus disc

4K UHD release has a new bonus disc with new extras listed post #12
Disc 4
That uhd bonus disc is only available with 4K UHD editions

UK 4K collectors edition has films on Blu-ray also included and also the previous legacy Blu-ray bonus disc
UK collector's deluxe edition is 9 discs
UHD edition (5 Discs) + Blu-ray edition (4 Discs)

As in it has the previous Blu-ray bonus legacy extras disc provided twice
Why they include the previous blu-ray legacy extras disc twice not sure as it's same content on each Blu-ray disc as far as I know
That could change by release date

USA 4K UHD collectors deluxe edition does not include the films on Blu-ray but has the previous legacy extras on a Blu-ray disc
5 discs

UK standard 4K uhd release is 5 discs
3 x uhd discs with films and 1 x uhd disc with new extras and 1 Blu-ray disc with previous extras

The UHD edition bonus extras disc (Disc 4) info is in post #12

The previous trilogy Blu-ray releases
Godfather part 3 was coppola 1991 cut only

Only the 4K UHD editions has the 3 versions of Godfather part 3 going by info provided so far

50th Anniversary UHD trilogy editions both standard and collector's edition
4 UHD Discs and 1 Blu-ray Disc

Disc 1 UHD Godfather
Disc 2 UHD Godfather part 2
Disc 3 UHD Godfather Part III Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone version
Disc 4 UHD Bonus Disc has Godfather Part 3 (2 versions)
1)Theatrical Cut (First time ever on home media)
2)Coppolas 1991 version
And other new extras on the UHD disc see post #12
Disc 5 (Blu-ray bonus disc) legacy extras

50th Anniversary standard Blu-ray trilogy edition
(4 Blu-ray Discs)
Disc 1 Godfather
Disc 2 Godfather part 2
Disc 3 Godfather part 3 is The Godfather Coda Cut:The Death of Michael Corleone version only going by info provided so far
Disc 4 Bonus disc legacy extras

Note
Discs content in regards to standard Blu-ray edition is subject to change
Closer to release date any changes will be let known

Last edited:
The previous extras are on Blu-ray disc that is why 4K UHD release has a Blu-ray disc

There are 2 bonus discs in 4K UHD release
New extras on 4K UHD disc and previous extras on Blu-ray
Yes, but the UK release has 3 bomis disks, while the US one has 2: the 1 4K and 1 Blu. I’m not sure what the difference between the 2nd black Blu Ray disk and the Blu Blu Ray disk is (but sure looks like black disk on the right is also Blu Ray)

The Blu-ray release has always been 4 discs
Films on 3 discs and legacy extras on bonus disc
I know that, which is what I wrote in the message you're kindly responding to...

As in it has the previous Blu-ray bonus legacy extras disc provided twice
Why they include the previous blu-ray legacy extras disc twice not sure as it's same content on each Blu-ray disc as far as I know
That could change by release date
So here, in this bit, we come to the point of it all. It's either wrong information, or the studio is stupid, putting in two exact same discs.
They could be in some sort of cheap plastic packaging, intended for separate sale, and that could explain this.

Yes, but the UK release has 3 bomis disks, while the US one has 2: the 1 4K and 1 Blu. I’m not sure what the difference between the 2nd black Blu Ray disk and the Blu Blu Ray disk is (but sure looks like black disk on the right is also Blu Ray)
UK collector's deluxe edition includes 4K UHD trilogy and Blu-ray trilogy in same box set

UHD trilogy is 5 Discs (4 UHD discs and 1 Blu-ray)

Disc 4 UHD bonus disc with extras that are exclusive to 4K UHD release
Disc 5 Blu-ray bonus extras disc with legacy extras
UHD trilogy Disc 4 and Disc 5 (black discs)

Blu-ray trilogy is 4 Blu-ray Discs
Disc 4 is Blu-ray legacy extras disc
Blu-ray trilogy all disc are Blue colour

UK Collector's Deluxe Edition Total 9 Discs

Both UHD and Blu-ray trilogy editions has legacy extras on Blu-ray Disc

Previous blu-ray trilogy box sets had extras disc (That is why those previous trilogy releases was also 4 Blu-ray discs)

Legacy extras bonus disc
UHD trilogy Disc 5 Blu-ray (black disc)
Blu-ray trilogy Disc 4 (blue disc)

It possible Blu-ray Trilogy blu-ray extras disc might differ than the previous extras disc but that won't be known for sure until someone gets delivery and compares the discs
It might end been the previous extras disc that was in previous trilogy releases

Last edited:
want the UK edition, will pre-order, but on the look out for a cheaper price down the road there or elsewhere.

want the UK edition, will pre-order, but on the look out for a cheaper price down the road there or elsewhere.
Amazon UK and HMV
Price might drop at various stages before release date
They will price match each other

It will though depend on print run of deluxe box set in UK
If it's selling well and results little stock left price drop might not happen

Most of the discs made will be used for standard 4K release that edition will likely see decent price drops before or after release date

• Thanks
Reactions: Daubt