The Godfather Trilogy - 50th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Deluxe Limited Edition) [USA]

lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: March 22, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Walmart
Price: $139.99
Note: All films on 4K - Special Features on BD

TG4KCE.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Celebrating 50 years, this deluxe limited edition set offers, for the first time in one collection, the essential, definitive saga of the Corleone family, overseen by director Francis Ford Coppola and based on the bestselling novel by Mario Puzo. A global cultural touchstone captivating fans across generations, the enduring cinematic legacy of THE GODFATHER has immeasurably influenced popular culture, and rightfully earned its legacy as one of the greatest in the history of motion pictures. Remastered and restored in 4K UHD with HDR-10 and Dolby Vision, this collection includes Best Picture Academy Award® winners for Best Picture THE GODFATHER and THE GODFATHER PART II, alongside the acclaimed conclusion MARIO PUZO’S THE GODFATHER CODA: THE DEATH OF MICHAEL CORLEONE.

Bonus discs include both the Theatrical and 1991 cuts of THE GODFATHER PART III, as well as a special features Blu-ray featuring all-new content. Exclusive to this collectible set are three exclusively commissioned illustrated portraits and a hardcover book featuring extensive photography and an introduction from Francis Ford Coppola, housed in a beautiful foil-embossed box.

I have the Japanese Wooden Box edition, both Australian wooden box editions, the Coppola Restoration Bluray, and I now I see this... I have to stop. :LOL:

Separate releases for new versions now listed on Amazon, with awesome new art, that I'd like to see on steelbooks, or at least on slipcovers within this set.

Separate releases for new versions now listed on Amazon, with awesome new art, that I'd like to see on steelbooks, or at least on slipcovers within this set.
UK have same artwork as USA standard editions
Unless it gets changed

Artwork posted for UK standard trilogy editions in UK thread around 2 weeks ago

Not for standard trilogy editions, but separate movie releases.

I meant these. They look really nice:

View attachment 525535 View attachment 525537 View attachment 525538
UK already got Blu-ray release with that slipcover artwork for The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone if you was not aware

Thread 'The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (aka The Godfather Part III) (Blu-ray Slipcover) [UK]' Slipcover - The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (aka The Godfather Part III) (Blu-ray Slipcover) [UK]

UK already got Blu-ray release with that slipcover artwork for The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone if you was not aware

I know, US disc was also released over a year ago, and I at first listed only first two covers, but then added a third, for completion. Glad they continued that style. They seem to be only for regular BD, so I don't think we'll get that art anywhere in the LE 4K boxset.

Does anyone know whether there will be steelbooks for this?

No, nobody knows. I'll let you in on a little secret. When it comes to steelbook releases, there aren't any secrets.

If somebody was aware of such a release it would immediately be posted here somewhere.

Reactions: ddeahl
No, nobody knows. I'll let you in on a little secret. When it comes to steelbook releases, there aren't any secrets.

If somebody was aware of such a release it would immediately be posted here somewhere.
Hopefully some sort of announcement before this is released!

Also do you think a premium steelbook of this is possible? I'm only asking because idk if there are certain studios that don't allow for premium steelbooks to be made

Also do you think a premium steelbook of this is possible? I'm only asking because idk if there are certain studios that don't allow for premium steelbooks to be made

Unfortunately I don't know much about the premium retailers. You can probably see in the Blufans The Dark Knight thread who the experts are on this site when it comes to the premium companies and their releases. Also in the Manta Lab and FilmArena threads.

There were steelbook releases before, so they might do them again with that great new art, used for individual editions.
There were trilogy steelbooks on DVD and BD, as well as individual Blu-ray steels for each part.

I do think that if they will happen, it'll be sometime after this boxset release, so you won't be able to decide, how you wish right now. Studios do them to revive interest in their property, get another reason to advertise, or even free press from steelbook fans and collectors, and they already have a reason right now.

You are perhaps aware but there was a Blufans release of this sometime back though the discs were the Coppola restoration .. heres the thread with pics