The Goonies - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Exclusive #03) [Italy]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA - December 2020 (SteelBook only)
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - SteelBook
Price: €159.90 (Box Set) - €59.90 (Full Slip A-B - Lenticular) - €34.90 (SteelBook only)
Note: WEA SteelBook. Title and Willy's eye are embossed. Debossed Effect Back Artwork.

FB_IMG_1622223651607.jpgFB_IMG_1622223673745.jpgFB_IMG_1622223688689.jpgFB_IMG_1622223646427.jpg
117107989_1982163828581105_5889673505546735433_o.jpg117120681_1982752311855590_6251287298199828441_o.jpg117282233_1982804018517086_37941684981154416_o-2.jpg117288768_1982751995188955_4820674470631518404_o.jpg

Last edited:
And when CM auctioned like 100 listings twice recently to raise money it suggests that the company has cash flow problems.

All these delays and excuses are not credible anymore. It’s just simple bull shiit.

They simply don’t have the resources to meet demand and IMO just getting way too greedy releasing products on preorder, taking in all the cash with continuous delays…

I cannot recommend this retailer enough and Carlos did a favour of closing my account.

Well done to you, Sir.

Absolutely disgusting way to run a business. Shady as f**k

It’s got to the point where I can’t wait to receive this, not because of how great it looks but so I never have to deal with these clowns again.

This is giving me Kickstarter or other crowd-funding vibes, and PTSD to that fact haha!

The main difference being I don’t recall CM stating anywhere that this is how they run their business, so it’s kinda shady to not stress that. Even if this is only due to recent cash flow issues, just be transparent about it.

I absolutely agree that they need to fulfil all back orders before asking for money for new orders, but if their cash flow is that bad then of course they need that pre-order money to wrap up previous releases; but then even more reason to highlight that for anyone placing an order on a future edition now.

Thankfully I’ve only picked up one CM edition in the past, BOP, and that was through the GB on here, and everything came through fine, but will definitely approach with caution/avoid moving forward as this behaviour is not a good sign for their sustainability as a business.

I had enough of this company and waiting around.

I opened a PayPal claim for a refund for goonies boxset and jaws full slip and he blocks my account stating I infringed rules lol.

I originally ordered goonies single SteelBook Goonies boxset and jaws single slip. The goonies SteelBook got shipped with another order I fully paid as it was in stock.

On the PayPal case he states this bull shite that was have to pay 10% commission per order.

So anyone who wants a a refund will get blocked it seems.

I have escalated claim to PP and waiting for a refund.
This was brought up elsewhere recenty

Its clearly laid out in the T&C that you agreed to when you placed the preorder. The 10% + fees is correct

PREORDERS

The pre-order service applies to all products offered to the public before the actual availability of the product itself.
When ordering, an indicative release date is communicated.
Due to the complexity of the products and changing market conditions and other external factors, we encourage customers to consider that the proposed dates may be subject to change when there is a need to anticipate or postpone the release of a particular security.

The preorder does not expire in time and will be valid until the customer explicitly requests cancellation via email to the assistance service: [email protected]
OTHER FORMS OF COMMUNICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- Facebook chat
- Whatsapp
- Telephone contact
- email to a different address

Right of withdrawal:

THE PREORDER SERVICE IS NOT FREE.
When the customer decides to purchase a product in preorder, he will be bound to purchase unless otherwise decided by the staff.
In case of confirmation of cancellation, the commission applied is 10% of the final amount (VAT included) + 4% Paypal commission if the cancellation request is made after 60 days from the date of payment.
Cine-Museum reserves the right to evaluate individual particular cases for the application of pre-order costs.
The repeated cancellation of pre-orders or without justified reasons, can lead to the suspension of the service for up to 90 days.

• Wow
Reactions: Mararagan

Its clearly laid out in the T&C that you agreed to when you placed the preorder. The 10% + fees is correct
Aside of this 'cover your ass' procedure, 5 times WRONG doesn't make it right... They know there will always be more then 500 "collectors" wanting to buy their products but surely, it doesn't make it acceptable imo. And still new releases are announced & payments taken. Wow, wish I could run my business like them...

Sorry but those terms are BS.
Those terms were brought in when the company realised it was not releasing them in reasonable time frames.

Any company can create their own terms and conditions.

But the fact is it’s been nearly six months since I paid for this when it came back in stock is NOT a reasonable time frame to fulfill a preorder.

Think about those that have waited over a year??

I paid for the item nearly six months ago and the company has failed to fulfil my order and I therefore and rightly so can file a claim of item not received and expect my refund to be the full amount. Not this 10% commission bull shiit. (Not to add CMs corrupt behaviour by attempting to remove the shipping cost to say it was used to ship for the single goonies SteelBook which was shipped with a fully paid separate in stock order with full shipping. Corrrupt shady behaviour to say the least.)

Does anyone know when those terms were edited to include the 10% restock fee? I don't think that's been there from the start, could be wrong though.

Does anyone know when those terms were edited to include the 10% restock fee? I don't think that's been there from the start, could be wrong though.
It doesn’t matter when the company added their own silly T and C that favour them in their shady practices.

It’s corrupt behaviour, end of story.

I'm not saying it's not a shady practice. But I'm also sure it does matter if that text was there when you (or anyone else) purchased direct from them or not.
I'm assuming that only applies for direct purchases, not GBs.

In this case :
- I believe Paypal will still fully refund as they provide protection, which means full refund if there is no delivery. Just keep insisting on full refund. I don’t think Paypal would care about whatever bs CM has in their terms.
- Cinemuseum has all rights to ban anyone and everyone for any reason, while being compliant with the law in Italy. They are a private company and they are free to not provide services to you if they don’t want to.
- This whole situation repeats itself over and over again. I don’t understand why people can not understand that they have to wait 12-16 months for any CM release. Just accept it or don’t order. More people stops ordering, more they will be forced to work harder/better. Their releases sell out all the time, so their business model obviously works and most people are ok with that.
- My last order with them was OUATIH, and I’m done with them.

I'm not saying it's not a shady practice. But I'm also sure it does matter if that text was there when you (or anyone else) purchased direct from them or not.
I'm assuming that only applies for direct purchases, not GBs.
I’m pretty sure, in US at least, that T&C applied to situations when it is a common knowledge that they are never read by a customer, will not have much legal power. Good example : T&C of all kinds of software, no one ever reads them. There were multiple court cases when customers won against companies even though T&C had some ridiculous bs in them.
When purchasing a product it is definitely a common knowledge that no one reads terms and condition, so the retailer can’t really abuse T&C and put some ridiculousness there. What if they decided to put 90% or 150% fee?:) it really doesn’t matter. The customer is entitled to a full refund upon cancellation, unless he/she was explicitly warned in an obvious way and provided active acknowledgment for some unusual terms ( preorder fee is definitely an unusual thing for retail, or inability to cancel)

I had no idea of these T&Cs, so thanks to the members above for informing us. It is really quite unbelievable for CM to charge a restocking or cancellation fee for a DELAYED PRE-ORDER!

I do have a Goonies 1-click box ordered direct with them and GBs here for Batman, so will need to wait those out, but will NOT be ordering anything with them in future.

Well I got my refund from Paypal despite CM attempting to claim restock 10% fee and shipping costs that I owe for another order which was completely bs.
So if you cancel your orders be prepared to be banned and pay a 10% restock fee (if you are no longer covered by Paypal).

Terrible customer service.
The worst retailer I have ever known.

I had no idea of these T&Cs, so thanks to the members above for informing us. It is really quite unbelievable for CM to charge a restocking or cancellation fee for a DELAYED PRE-ORDER!

I do have a Goonies 1-click box ordered direct with them and GBs here for Batman, so will need to wait those out, but will NOT be ordering anything with them in future.
yes same problem!
have pay 10% for cancellation
never order again from this site