The Handmaiden (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Feb 1, 2012
Netherlands
Release date: July 30, 2018
Purchase links: Plainarchive: Quarter Slip - Full Slip Type A - Full Slip Type B - Triple Pack
Also available at: Novamedia | Yesasia | Kimchidvd
Price: $41.79 (Quarter Slip) - $49.49 (Type A) - $47.29 (Type B) - $132.29 (Triple Pack)
Notes: Steelbook has full gloss finish.

0739f3bf9e646fdab48d8bb2cc875bd0_400x.pngA_d7d29116-6c9f-4435-b5f8-24e08bf62914_800x.pngB_1fe50d36-bd8c-4b13-b741-4e309e71bf32_800x.png63f46c13d79cdcc72724a492d0251f81_4141b206-de5e-47ab-9bd8-9088f11b1ba8_600x.jpg
296c50f7f0968f494741b3d3e1787a17_391ac69c-87dd-4544-9cf2-d11e123e53e3_800x.png
25daffc5840d2ae620f7230a9a15a11c_cccc3e52-5bca-4cae-be1f-1edfc3a85a0a_600x.png
B_588723d0-cf79-4b3f-b962-5e33479a1080_600x.png
A_62e7fb01-e3f3-43aa-83f7-4fa262af3e95_600x.png
B_ef31ea8c-54d6-4033-8d57-904c95a95f43_800x.png
8f5c112f81062b38c631efbacfd5fe2d_7c76436a-80a6-4b4a-87cb-1a1e16e88cfd_800x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
btw: i would be careful with buying from our typical korean ebay resellers... if this is a WEA then there must be at least 2000 copies of this and I really dont know if this was popular enough to guarantee such a shortage of copies...

i just noticed that wdpung, koreanmuse, etc. only list a few copies from time to time to imo create this artifical shortage, while probably having an awful lot up their sleeves.. same with shape of water weet... somehow they keep pulling out new copies with constantly rising prices.. as in the case of blade runner 2049 it led to insane prices for a few weeks which have dropped to more or less RRP now..

When I was looking for The Shape of Water WEet Lenti I messaged Wdpung and he said he had sold out and would have to look at the Korean aftermarket to try and source one. He did mention it would increase the price a bit because of this. He did also message me a few days later saying he had found some and they had been relisted. Might explain the drip and drabs listings.

Also, ould be the korean markt has settled down for Blade Runner so they are buying them up and selling them on.

• Informative
Reactions: Real Steel
Yeah I'm wondering if others got PA stickers with their orders because I didn't get any and PA didn't say anything about giving their stickers for this release. :)
I dont think they give them out on all their PA selective orders. The last set of stickers i got was from the ZDT quad pack i ordered. I havent ordered a quad pack since then.

Reactions: Real Steel
I realize this is a bit of an odd request but I purchased the green full slip (the one with the artbook) and misplaced the bonus gift card and back card. If anyone has any extras I would be willing to pay them for it.

That price is both idiotic and delusional :LOL:
Is it though? The Handmaiden, just like The Wailing btw., is a great movie and both were released in beautiful WEA steelbooks without hype or any artificial push. Both were readily available for a while and only slightly increased in value at first. No scalper bought up dozens of copies, but it still slowly became much harder to find and is now one of the new holy grails, because nobody who has it will sell it for the first offer. The price is high of course, but where are the cheaper ones? I've seen FullSlip A sell for 300£ and was stunned, but later regretted not buying it myself. I'll buy it one day for what I think is a tolerable price, but to say that any price is ridiculous and or delusional just seems weird, when supply just organically became smaller and smaller and with every new movie Park Chan Wook makes, his filmography becomes more impressive.

Is it though? The Handmaiden, just like The Wailing btw., is a great movie and both were released in beautiful WEA steelbooks without hype or any artificial push. Both were readily available for a while and only slightly increased in value at first. No scalper bought up dozens of copies, but it still slowly became much harder to find and is now one of the new holy grails, because nobody who has it will sell it for the first offer. The price is high of course, but where are the cheaper ones? I've seen FullSlip A sell for 300£ and was stunned, but later regretted not buying it myself. I'll buy it one day for what I think is a tolerable price, but to say that any price is ridiculous and or delusional just seems weird, when supply just organically became smaller and smaller and with every new movie Park Chan Wook makes, his filmography becomes more impressive.
only 2 months after release nobody gave a fcuk for this release for 4 years.. all the other stuff is in your mind only, espcially the holy grail part.. its (very) hard to find, yes.. and now the very few people that actually look for it, get milked heavily, like with all other pseudograils..

you can really justify any purchase by your logic ("its so rare and a cult film, etc etc").. but i guess theres nothing wrong with eventually paying a disgusting price if you really want it and are looking for it for so long

Last edited:
only 2 months after release nobody gave a fcuk for this release for 4 years.. all the other stuff is in your mind only, espcially the holy grail part.. its (very) hard to find, yes.. and now the very few people that actually look for it, get milked heavily, like with all other pseudograils..

you can really justify any purchase by your logic ("its so rare and a cult film, etc etc").. but i guess theres nothing wrong with eventually paying a disgusting price if you really want it and are looking for it for so long

Actually happens with all releases, doesn't it? All threads that are still "active" deal with unreleased or delayed releases. 2 weeks after everyone got their copies and posted photos, the threads are basically dead. Are we still talking about old Novamedia, Kimchidvd, hd*eta or Blufans releases here? I don't think so. The hype (and price) is particularly high before or shortly after the release. After that, interest usually wanes. How many releases are now being sold off in Facebook groups. Many are now cheaper than when they were released. Not this one.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Actually happens with all releases, doesn't it? All threads that are still "active" deal with unreleased or delayed releases. 2 weeks after everyone got their copies and posted photos, the threads are basically dead. Are we still talking about old Novamedia, Kimchidvd, hd*eta or Blufans releases here? I don't think so. The hype (and price) is particularly high before or shortly after the release. After that, interest usually wanes. How many releases are now being sold off in Facebook groups. Many are now cheaper than when they were released. Not this one.
the interest in this release never had to wane tho as it never actually picked up.. its like with most blu collection amaray releases which took ages to sell out and now vanished from secondary market because even those who did pick them up, never really cared for them... and once you notice theres no other listing on ebay might as well try with some OOP OOS ONLY COPY ON EBAY amateur scalping.. from experience tho, you eventually end up picking those releases up for around cost price

oh, and its all going to fall apart once a 4k re-release happens.. which is only a matter of time if its as popular as you guys would like it to be, right?

Last edited:
but overall its a great release lol.. and i myself would probably consider paying 2-3times RRP, if i didnt already have it (FS B that is)

just 600$... youll never see that money back (or half) if you ever get tired of it