Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 25, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Note: 40th Anniversary Restoration

81tP9tALGfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
So what might your guess be as to what is on the DVD?
DVD will have the Film+Extras

StudioCanal have done a few Blu-ray collector editions before that included Film on DVD

This why listings on Amazon/Zavvi/HMV and other UK retailers for the collector edition list the following
UHD & Blu Ray & DVD Disc

The standard Blu-ray amaray is 1 disc
Blu-ray

The standard DVD amaray is 1 disc
DVD

Steelbook is 2 discs
UHD & Blu-ray

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
DVD will have the film

StudioCanal have done a few Blu-ray collector editions before that included Film on DVD

This why listings on Amazon/Zavvi/HMV and other UK retailers for the collector edition list the following
UHD & Blu Ray & DVD Disc

Strange seeing a 4K disc and a DVD of the film in the same collection when it already includes a Blu-ray as well.

Strange seeing a 4K disc and a DVD of the film in the same collection when it already includes a Blu-ray as well.
Not unusual with collector editions from StudioCanal they have included DVD before in some Blu-ray and 4K UHD collector edition releases
Ladykillers 4K UHD collector edition included UHD/Blu-ray/DVD/CD soundtrack
There are other releases they did the same with Blu-ray collector editions these was Blu-ray and DVD with some also including CD soundtrack

The Blu-ray amaray release on it's own is 1 Disc
The DVD amaray release on it's own is 1 Disc

As the above 1 disc standard editions for both Blu-ray and DVD these have film+ extras on the disc
The image in the mock up of the collector edition showing a second Blu-ray disc is an error
It's meant to show DVD and also why has artwork TBC

Reactions: Stygian
Anyone got any ideas whether this would be housed in an amaray (so making it easy to swap with a steelbook) or a booklet thing (like in the escape from new york collectors edition)?

Anyone got any ideas whether this would be housed in an amaray (so making it easy to swap with a steelbook) or a booklet thing (like in the escape from new york collectors edition)?
As I previously mentioned it will as usual discs will be in digipack inside a slipbox

This is how Studiocanal package their collector editions

The poster and artcards are housed loose inside the digipack
Booklet will be either also inside the digipack or beside the digipack inside the slipbox

A steelbook will fit but will likely be loose it will depend on how wide the slipbox is to fit the digipack and booklet

Basic Instinct 4K collector edition was 3 discs
This unboxing video below will give you an idea on the size of the slipbox

Not my video

Last edited:
Reactions: davetherave
Canceling my Amazon.co.uk order right now! Just received my copy of The Thing 4K Collector's Edition and it looks like someone dropped a cinderblock on it! Even opted for paying for DHL shipping it hope that it would survive UK to USA shipping, no such luck! Amazon only used a paper envelope to ship it in.

Attachments

• 1sm.jpg
    1sm.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Wow
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Amazon

Debit card has been charged
I expect will be dispatched later today or tomorrow

Delivery I expect will be on Tuesday as it's a Bank Holiday on Monday in Rep of Ireland unless Amazon logistics Van drivers still doing delivery on Monday in Ireland

I just got my dispatch email from Amazon
Amazon logistics

Says will be delivered tomorrow which is possible as tracking is showing
Initiated customs clearance process
Dublin, Swords

UK unboxing

not my video

DVD included is
Creature Designers - The Frankenstein Complex Documentary

Amazon product

This is a very good Documentary if you not watched it before but it's the 1 DVD version and not the 2 disc Blu-ray release that also exists

Germany had a 2 disc Blu-ray release of this Documentary
Amazon product

This documentary was also in the Germany Pan's Labyrinth Blu-ray Ultimate Edition but was the 2 Blu-ray disc release instead
The second disc is bonus extras disc for that Documentary

The Creature Designers - The Frankenstein Complex Documentary is also included in USA Blu-ray Monster Collection

Amazon product

Reactions: Lord Vader
UK unboxing video of both steelbook and collector's edition

This video shows the collector's edition better

not my video

Rigid Slipbox

Just unwrapped mine along with the steelbook. Nice little collectors edition and I gotta say once again, I love the art on this!

Dont you love zavvi got this and steelbook in same package, wish they just leave steelbook as is in the white boxes sent separately, paring up steelbooks or with collector editions are not idea in these fold over brown boxes.
They are not as good as white boxes for steelbooks.
Paring up steelbooks is just asking for trouble.

I know these digipack editions are prone for spine creases and mine arrived like this i have had one in past but mostly lucky.
Even the thing set which has weaker box arrived ok with unnoticeable crease.
This one right up the spine in few areas of opening side and even steelbook has small ding front and looks slightly bent top end of opening side.
I have had a good run of stuff from zavvi but when stuff arrive like this this is the reason i try and buy less as it's pot luck what you end up with.