The Infernal Machine (2022)

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Infernal Machine (2022)

Tagline: What he created will destroy him.

Genre: Thriller

Director: Andrew Hunt

Cast: Guy Pearce, Alice Eve, Jeremy Davies, Alex Pettyfer, Iris Cayatte, Rachel De Fontes, Ana Lopes, Georgia Goodman, Bella Alexandras, Gary Anthony Stennette, Ben Temple, Oliver Ritchie, Maria de Sá, Paula Lobo Antunes, Rocco Salata, Joel Abadal

Release: 2022-09-23

Runtime: 107

Plot: Reclusive and controversial author Bruce Cogburn is drawn out of hiding by an obsessive fan, forcing the novelist to confront a past that he thought he could escape, and to account for events set in motion by his bestseller decades earlier. Cogburn's search for who is behind the manipulation and mental torment he encounters leads to an emotional roller-coaster ride full of fear and danger, where things are not always as clear as they seem to be, and where past deeds can have dire consequences.

If anyone says where are the original movies nowadays, and I am one of those usually lamenting over it, you can point them towards this excellent film!
I've prepared myself for an uneventful, mediocre, boring movie, but it was very engaging, keeping your interest from the very beginning, to the last seconds. Maybe it's because I didn't expect much of it, but Guy Pearce truly carries it almost alone, he's the one on screen 95% of the time. It's like a mystery version of The Game, if I'm to allow myself such a spoiler by association.
So ignore the cheesy Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator 7 poster, and do yourself a favor by watching it. It might not be for everyone, but at least we can all say there's one original quality movie this year!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database