The Last Digibook/Digipack/Mediabook acquired Thread

Hmmm haven't attempted peeling it off yet as only just unwrapped.. not sure if it won't strip the card removing it though...
When this doesn´t come off I warm it a bit with a lighter and try to bring the tip of my pocket knife under one edge (very careful) until it begins to remove. It´s just to have a starting point for removing the rest. I often damaged them with my nails. So this can be avoided.

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
When this doesn´t come off I warm it a bit with a lighter and try to bring the tip of my pocket knife under one edge (very careful) until it begins to remove. It´s just to have a starting point for removing the rest. I often damaged them with my nails. So this can be avoided.
Haven't tried to remove any of these in the past due to the same concerns @mikeab07 has but definitely going to give this method a try :thumbs:

Haven't tried to remove any of these in the past due to the same concerns @mikeab07 has but definitely going to give this method a try :thumbs:
I think you can remove the most ones with this method. When it is too difficult and the glue is too fixed you still can keep it on. A special thing are the glossy slipcovers. It is more difficult to remove them because the foil is very thin, but on the Koch-Mediabooks it is quite easy and the foil won´t come off. As soon as you have to use strength better stop and warm the sticker again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robles
Wow - another great release as Mediabook from France. They don´t do much Mediabooks, but the few one they release have mostly awesome quality.:thumbs::joy:
SAM_1973.JPG

Wow - another great release as Mediabook from France. They don´t do much Mediabooks, but the few one they release have mostly awesome quality.:thumbs::joy:
View attachment 519676
Can't wait for mine to arrive!!!!
a great movie that has never had great poster art....until this edition!
let's weigh the previous covers to this:
C8D37A3E-84E9-4431-BC1A-D1C2F5A918EF.jpeg

No contest!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jc2ssych and komor
The Mechanic is also from them (Wild Side).
I got the Mediabook from Amazon.fr for €20 and had luck it was undamaged. The cover looks great and I always hoped to see more editions in that style. Watched it some months ago and enjoyed it.
It´s a good idea to bring a new master for this one, like Ronin Flix did in 2020. It´s very color intense and has this unique flair - makes sense. It is watchable anyway, but in some scenes there was more in.

Attachments

• 20200529_215341.jpg
    20200529_215341.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: jc2ssych
I don´t get it, why Wild Side is still using forced subtitles for their Blu-Rays. The Mediabooks are great, but the discs are useless and you must get the replacement discs from your country to watch them.
If anybody is interested in that subtitle thing: The forced subs are not hard coded on all releases (the French audio-track is without any subs - so it´s clear they switched them on in the English one). I tried to read in (or out?) one of the releases with forced subs a long time ago and it was possible to take them away.
The Mechanic I watched with the subs, but not again - I will get the replacement disc for the Fisher King then.

Last edited: