Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So episode 3 was.... different :LOL::rofl:

Seriously though I like that the show isn't following the game 100% but Bill and Ellie's interactions in the game are the best

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Am not a gamer myself, so I haven't played the game, but so far this is really entertaining. I love this kind of apocalypse stuff and the walking dead kind of dropped the ball a few years ago, so having a high budget production like this is really really cool!

Reactions: Flloydo
So episode 3 was.... different :LOL::rofl:
Uh yeah, can't say that I saw that coming. :rofl: I'm glad the apocalypse isn't about zombies in this show, everyone is so fixated on zombies and this show is a breath of fresh air on the apocalypse. It's different and I like that. Good episode, hell, all the episodes so far have been good. :thanks:

Reactions: Noodles
This was a great episode, well acted and a really nice storyline

though it didn't really show a future it was a great snapshot at others experience up to that point

the only thing I didn't really 'buy' was that in the 20 years they were only attacked that one time I just can't see how that would have happened throughout all those years and really can't see how there were no other people that they let into their small gated community.

I know it is based on the game and I've read how this episode deviated from the game but having never played it I have no issues with how the story in the series is shaping up

Reactions: Thoth
Episode 3 just goes to show what an amazing writer Mazin really is. It deviated from the game so much, and yet still somehow felt faithful to it... dare I say, I may have even preferred it to the game version!