The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Synapse Films) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 1, 2020
Purchase links: Synapse - Diabolikdvd (orders outside of US & Canada)
Price: $49.95 (Synapse - includes shipping) - $46.99 (Diabolikdvd)
Note: Limited to 6000 copies

B8253E25-FDB7-4A04-B511-607FD1881531.jpeg

Features
  • Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
  • New 5.1 English stereo surround remix made exclusively for the Synapse Films release
  • Two audio commentaries featuring authors and film scholars Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holecheck
  • Restoration of the true original English language theatrical mono mix
  • Jorge Grau - Catalonia’s Cult Film King (89 mins.) – This extensive feature-length documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • The Scene of the Crime - Giannetto De Rossi in Discussion from Manchester (16 Mins.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • Giannetto De Rossi - Q&A at the Festival of Fantastic Films, UK (43 Mins) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
  • Theatrical trailer, TV spots and radio spots
  • Newly translated removable English SDH subtitles
  • Liner notes booklet featuring writing from Spanish film scholar, Dr. Nicholas Schlegel
  • Exclusive CD soundtrack of the haunting original score by Giuliano Sorgini
  • Included mini-poster of Wes Benscoter's amazing Steelbook artwork

Last edited by a moderator:
They taking orders but international shipping cost is expensive $23.28 to Ireland
Total price for 1 steelbook $70.27

A Group Buy direct from Synapse be better
You can get 3 items shipped for $31.60 shipping cost with a GB

Yeah they’re taking them and holding them until they’re able to ship internationally. Not only will it be cheaper but it might even be quicker to receive as well through a GB.

Yeah they’re taking them and holding them until they’re able to ship internationally. Not only will it be cheaper but it might even be quicker to receive as well through a GB.
GB works out cheaper
Andy will ship 3 items for shipping cost $31.60

We use Andy often for various different GB's and he will combine other items to save on shipping costs.
In normal circumstances I get delivery in 6 days from Andy USA to Ireland
By September shipping will be back to close to normal

There will be other USA releases a lot of us will want to get and have these combined for shipping

Reactions: felixmontoya92
For those ordering outside the US and Canada from DiabolikDVD:

“5/1/20 Update – UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE WE ARE NOT SHIPPING INTERNATIONAL ORDERS. WE WILL ACCEPT YOUR ORDER BUT IT WILL BE HELD UNTIL WE FEEL THAT THE MAIL SITUATION IS SAFE TO SEND PACKAGES AGAIN. BY PLACING AN ORDER YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS”

Likely to be sorted by September though.

They are taking International orders now.

I made an order recently and it took a week to reach me in the UK.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: felixmontoya92
I JUST finished watching it on Prime for free for those who have it. As much as I love the gore of Fulci, I found this more subdued overall and quite beautiful to look at. Still has ripped out entrails and hearts. I'll have to budget, and don't remember how long it took for their Suspiria steel to sell, but this was much better than I thought itd be, and that's without Synapse's surely thorough restoration.

Reactions: Hereticz
up for GB

from the listing:
  • Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative

Whats that gotta do with what I said?
I said I hope they dont do what Blue underground did where they announced multiple new 4k restoration titles on Blu ray and did not say they also working on UHD releases which are due few months later which is not ethical as people need to buy again in a few months. If they said we will also release in UHD few months later then at least you can choose to wait.

Guys, I got Indicator newsletter today and there are some news incoming nobody who buys from USA would like.
"Please be aware from 1 July 2020, import fees outside of the UK and EU are changing. As a result, shipping costs to those territories will be affected on these pre-orders. For more information, please visit the Royal Mail website."

@paulboland do you know more about this?

Guys, I got Indicator newsletter today and there are some news incoming nobody who buys from USA would like.
"Please be aware from 1 July 2020, import fees outside of the UK and EU are changing. As a result, shipping costs to those territories will be affected on these pre-orders. For more information, please visit the Royal Mail website."

@paulboland do you know more about this?
I have seen the info on Royal Mail if affects parcels been sent from UK to countries based outside UK/EU

Due to lack of flights Royal Mail are increasing shipping costs for parcels been sent from UK to USA and also because USPS have increased their handling fees for parcels arriving into USA from abroad
If you click on the royal mail link it explains all

Reactions: MrSquifler
GB works out cheaper
Andy will ship 3 items for shipping cost $31.60

We use Andy often for various different GB's and he will combine other items to save on shipping costs.
In normal circumstances I get delivery in 6 days from Andy USA to Ireland
By September shipping will be back to close to normal

There will be other USA releases a lot of us will want to get and have these combined for shipping

I think its worth adding its only cheaper if you have or want more then 1 item shipped with 1 GB host.
So if you already got 1 or 2 orders with him then yes would be cheaper but those who have no other GB atm or not interested in other titles for now GB works out more for 1 title.