The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: July 2024 (TBC)
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

53788032403_5561b6fd8a_o.jpg53790194273_11ffdfbd6e_o.jpg53788032408_c435ebd4a1_o.jpg53788135004_6fcc498e77_o.jpg
53727043630_6f127e3d34_o.jpg53726601846_e446d2eabd_o.jpg53788235835_91e64c22eb_o.jpg53789981366_2697683935_o.jpg53788033038_f75079b53c_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a set on its own, it's pretty good, but if you own most other editions, then it's all the same art everywhere, but the boxes themselves.
I didn't even want to buy the leather HDZeta boxes, just got stuck with them after buying in a GB for a guy that didn't pay me.
HDZeta's steelbooks were already like the art in the window DVD digipacks with the Costa Botes documentaries, and other art was in the thick extended DVD digipacks.
Now Blufans has same old tired art, one of the slips (I don't know which one is lenti, and which isn't, as they don't mark them properly) has the art of the most recent studio steelbooks in a steelbox, and what I assume are DLs to be sold separately have the art of the studio Trilogy boxset that formed a unified collage.
I haven't bought that one, so that allows me to get the DLs at least...

Hdz kills here. I'm intrigued by the DLs, but mainly due to the panoramic banner they form.. if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't give them a 2nd thought. TTT box art is great too, shame they didn't use that somewhere else, unlike the art on the other 2.

And also they should transition from left to right. Fellowship is the first film in the trilogy not the last! Who's gonna put the third film on display first......
It was made that way by the studio for their stupid Middle-Earth boxset that folded out on itself:
ab665750-fcbf-4402-97ed-9cefa581e042.__CR0,0,970,300_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Only they also got Hobbit in there...

Easy pass. I do like the idea of one lenticular when lined up. But the art choice is terrible and they go from right to left becouse its chinese. Just looks weird. Best artwork are the OC boxes by a mile, dont even start about those single lenti's and fullslips

Reactions: hatredhorror
And also they should transition from left to right. Fellowship is the first film in the trilogy not the last! Who's gonna put the third film on display first......
They should, but they don't because it's Chinese. They read right to left. It's the same reason the slip spines open the opposite end to every other country's retailers.

Seriously why is the good art on the OC boxes and DL booklets? This is a f**king mess. Truly disappointed

I f**king hate that cheap photoshop image on the DL and the even worse bigger bootleg image it makes even though it’s official. It’s f**king disgusting to look at. F**k you WB

No, it's because they used provided and designed already that way studio art, see my post above...
No, it's because they're Chinese. They could switch the titles up if they wanted, or have photoshopped the images in reverse, as what they've done is different enough to what WB released on the middle earth set anyway.

They could switch the titles up if they wanted, or have photoshopped the images in reverse
You mean mirrored them so that Fellowship goes first?
Maybe.
I guess this one just happened to fit what they like, because it was already like that, they didn't need to adjust anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies