The Lost Boys - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 19, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 25, at 12 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99

Lost Boys Ultimate Collector's Edition.jpg
The Lost Boys Steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Those are not horns, those are two of Newman's fingers as he begins to shape-shift into a big lizard. Newman is having fun at Redford's expense.

The Mondo x sample steelbook may be rare but I can understand why Warner did not proceed with a general release with that artwork

Some may like the artwork but to me does not look that great compared to other Mondo X Steelbook releases
Warner wanted to , it was likeness rights approval that was the hurdle

Reactions: paulboland
You gotta be kidding me? This has too inscription on spine Bluray + dvd... :-/
I though it's without. Can't find one without it since i'm bit of OCD :-/...

As with Poltergeist

Lost Boys Ultimate Collector's Edition will very likely be a Zavvi Exclusive

Then this had better be a different steelbook with an amazing finish better than anything Asia has ever released! ....... we know it won't be and just like Wild Things they will make a loss on sales

Then this had better be a different steelbook with an amazing finish better than anything Asia has ever released! ....... we know it won't be and just like Wild Things they will make a loss on sales
It will be same 4k SteelBook as USA/Europe

The ultimate collector's edition applies to slipbox/booklet/artcards that includes the SteelBook

Meh, not sold on this or Poltergeist collectors editions. Disappointing.

Does the slipcovers for these have any special finishing or are they just flat? I haven't bought any of the previous collectors editions...

Reactions: spookz
Can't we just have the option of steelbook only ? All this to get you to probably pay £40. It's the same with a lot of these now. Trying to get people to double dip. Edge of Tomorrow, 4k. To get the 4k disc in the UK, you have to pre-order a £40 rip off pack. 6 months time, If we ever do, 4k amaray release will probably come out. It is at the stage now where, even if I can afford all these £40 editions, I refuse to. I love this film and have the original steelbook, but would love to watch the 4k version if it is a decent enough upgrade, but certainly not at these prices. I've just read some of the comments regarding Dr Strange 2 ..... £50 for that. Bring back Play.com, lol. Iron Man 1 & 2 I got for £10 each. I take it this is now the new norm?

Last edited:
Meh, not sold on this or Poltergeist collectors editions. Disappointing.

Does the slipcovers for these have any special finishing or are they just flat? I haven't bought any of the previous collectors editions...
Just basic flat and glossy usually. The batman ones had a nicer spot loss finish and the green mile one was a quite meh matte.

• Informative
Awesome! I forgot about this thread amongst others, and not liking the new steelbook much was going to wait for Cinemuseum 'dress-up'.
But with such great fullslip, nice cards, and a comic book style booklet, I'm definitely happy with this edition!
Instant Day One purchase!

As expected It's a Zavvi Exclusive

A lot of the listings that been showing up on Amazon UK are actually Zavvi exclusives

26FC58CC-5581-4653-B0DB-EE4A4D7FC292.jpeg

In the words of Gill Tyrell ‘er…what is that…”
As someone working in marketing I just don’t get how these companies are completely missing their target demographic. The people buying physical media now are the dedicated cinephiles who want the very best version of a movie. When it comes to cult and classic films, especially of the 80s and 90s the one sheet movie poster artwork is what most collectors want. Who on earth thinks they want this pop-art cr*p that holds no nostalgia for the film at all.

Even if they are going to go with new art they could do something like the attached image which is new and vibrant but has a nostalgic feel for the movie.

Ideally I’d have done for a slipcase with this art and then the classic one sheet artwork on the steel itself. Who one earth have they got in the marketing department making these decisions?! Such a dissapointment, for the £40 price point I’d rather buy amaray than art this bad.

It seems that some people want the poster used for every new edition.

Amaray? Use poster.
Steelbook? Use poster.
4K Steelbook? Use poster.
Steelbook collector's edition? Use poster on steelbook, slip, art cards and include the poster art on a poster as well.

But not everybody. Just read the WeET Avengers thread. Almost every post over there is about how everything has been seen before.

I can just imagine the outrage when Warner eventually does a Titans of Cult release for The Lost Boys because that definitely won't use the poster.

If the original poster has already been used on a steelbook before then why should it be used again?
It hasn't, only the US poster artwork has been used, not the UK one sheet or the german poster which imo are better and would look amazing, certainly better than this cr*p they're putting out.

Attachments

• TheLostBoys.jpeg
    TheLostBoys.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 47
  • %22The-Lost-Boys-(1987)%22-Poster-Print.jpeg
    %22The-Lost-Boys-(1987)%22-Poster-Print.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 48