The Man with the Golden Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 29, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £17.99

Man with golden gun front.jpg
GG Open.jpg GG Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea, but they were never going to translate well on steelbooks. I know the previous wave had its fans though, so happy for those of you who wanted more.

When wide-screen first came to VHS, they used the poster art. I so wanted the Bond movies in Steelbook format and this is the best they can come up with. And yet go back two years ago and the way they did the Star Wars collection. This should have been the way to do it with the Bond films.

There is more James Bond Blu-ray steelbooks getting a release from MGM aka Warner

These will also be Zavvi Exclusives

I will create threads tomorrow if not done by someone else beforehand

Artwork not that great on most

Warner artwork department should have done better imo

The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
Octopussy
A View to a Kill
The Living Daylights
Licence to Kill
Tomorrow Never Dies
The World is Not Enough

FYvFh10X0AEiuMY.jpeg.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
You've got to give a huge congratulations to the 'artist' who spent what looks like a total of 5 minutes knocking these together, and still got paid for their work. What an embarassingly bad looking set of releases.

Whoever is in charge of these Bond steelbooks is just trolling everyone at this point.
I got that impression when they had poster artwork for Dr No as an actual poster…not on the steelbook

Another crappy Bond range

Try again guys, come on

You've got to give a huge congratulations to the 'artist' who spent what looks like a total of 5 minutes knocking these together, and still got paid for their work. What an embarassingly bad looking set of releases.
From the looks of them I'd say they just screen grabbed part of the opening credits of each film and put it onto the steel. (n)
(n)

Reactions: Kinggoose
From the looks of them I'd say they just screen grabbed part of the opening credits of each film and put it onto the steel. (n)
(n)
I think they also did this with the latest Goldfinger steelbook. Everything but the title and credits looks so blurry.

There is more James Bond Blu-ray steelbooks getting a release from MGM aka Warner

These will also be Zavvi Exclusives

I will create threads tomorrow if not done by someone else beforehand

Artwork not that great on most

Warner artwork department should have done better imo

The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
Octopussy
A View to a Kill
The Living Daylights
Licence to Kill
Tomorrow Never Dies
The World is Not Enough

View attachment 538489
Jesus wept! I might've been tempted by Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker on a nostalgic level.... But their "art" is the worst of the bunch! :rofl:

What a fudging travesty this sorry lot are.