Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously at this point just let them write the sequels trilogy off as non canon using the Veil of the Force in the upcoming Ahsoka series
Nah man, the sequels are great and luckily won't go anywhere. So is this show, but you can't always like anything, so look forward to other things in Star Wars in the future if you didn't like something, there's plenty coming

Nah man, the sequels are great and luckily won't go anywhere. So is this show, but you can't always like anything, so look forward to other things in Star Wars in the future if you didn't like something, there's plenty coming

The sequels suck dude

You can like them sure but you can’t defend how awful they are compared to this show and the love that goes into it, especially writing wise.

They understood Luke as a character and what fans wanted from him in those 10 minutes then the entire sequel trilogy did

The sequels suck dude

You can like them sure but you can’t defend how awful they are compared to this show and the love that goes into it, especially writing wise.

They understood Luke as a character and what fans wanted from him in those 10 minutes then the entire sequel trilogy did
Well I can defend them, why would you think i couldn't?
It's not important what the fans want, especially not the ones you're referring to like "Oh my god, luke need to pull a star destroyer out of the sky, he's like a god at this point with the force"
The mandalorian is a great show, but it is essentially fan service all the way through, and i personally love that as well, but i understand what it is and can hype myself up that way.
Filoni is simply the type to do that, which is why he is being hailed by a certain group of the fanbase. I mean, i like clone wars, but nearly every episode includes some character saying "i have a bad feeling about this", i mean, come on, why would you do that, and who thinks that is a good thing to do? It's just plain fan service - and not even good fan service, it's like kids-stuff (yeah i know, star wars is for children)

The sequels, at least the last 2 installments, told stories that were original to star wars and expanded the lure of it in terms of what the force is etc. Do you have to like what they do with luke? No, a lot of people don't. But that's the point of the film. Luke says himself, everyone sees him as a legend even though he is not, he is just a Jedi, not a superhero. And at the end, he has in fact again proven that he in fact has become legend with his actions on crait, with the slaves telling his story at the end of the film. Also, yoda says "the greatest teacher failure is", so the message of the film itself is very meta and quite deep, most online haters just don't get it or don't want to get it. Everyone in the film fails and they learn from it. You know where else everyone else fails? Empire stikes back! Woow. And the fact that Empire was very controversial among fans when it came out is also very interesting, right? Now it's like the definition of star wars, together with new hope.

Mandalorian is in that regard like Rogue One, it's pretty much what the fans would do if they had millions of dollars to produce a star wars movie, and that is for everything as a whole not a great way to lead a franchise. For some things, like the mandalorian and rogue one, it's great. But if you produce everything in a simple fan boy fashion, you're going to get stuck in fan service and essentially empty story telling that has no weight and will leave you in 10 or 20 years with nothing to work with but basically a super hero franchise where luke was like superman and so on. Star wars has become what it is because Empire expanded what was a fantasy action film into a deep philosophic idea. Empire was incredibly controversial when it came out because people found it "boring" or "confusing", they wanted to see more action, it's not what they wanted to see from the characters they grew so fond over the last few years. So it mirrors very much what is going with the sequels, only that now you have even more expectations to fulfill because more years have gone by and people have literally grown up with this stuff. So people think characters have been "destroyed" and so on, yeah. It's just a matter of time until the films will be accepted by the now-haters. Look at the prequels, for some reason, the exact people that bullied Jake Lloyd into a mental institution now say "THE PREQUELS ARE THE BEST, THE SEQUELS SUCK" and want george lucas back...**** those people. Everyone can have their own opinion, but make up your (not you personally) damn mind.

Seen all 9 movies in cinema at original screenings. Hated the last 2 movies (loved Rogue One & Force Awakens), therefore passed on Solo. I have completely lost interest in Star Wars altogether so this series doesn't interest me in the slightest which is a real shame, as if I had enjoyed last 2 skywalker outings, I would have been hyped for this. Read reveal end of season 2, spoiler didn't bother me in slightest. I wish it did.

Just binged the second season this evening. Wow. Just incredible from start to finish. Even better than the first season. And that finale Jesus..... he’s never been that cool (and you know who I mean). Very nice end credit scene too but just can’t work out where they will go with it now. Excellent directors for this series too

I think I just about preferred this season to the first one. As much as I love it though, I have a slight nag that each episode sort of has the same pacing and structure points that make me go "ok, we're at the mid-point of this episode" etc, which to be honest got a little annoying and I don't even know why it annoyed me so much. Favourite episode was probably "The Jedi".

Really looking forward to see where they are going to go with the story.

Ending
When I saw the black glove, I knew immediately, that's Luke. He's never looked so damn cool (as a character, not the CGI, that was a bit creepy).

Well, that's it for me, I'm done watching it. I can't believe they would do this, Disney are evidently ass.holes at heart.

It's the cancel culture. They've been looking for way to sack her for a while now.....

It seems like you're not allowed to speak your mind on a social media platform if you're employed by Disney.

The same Disney that swept The Song Of The South under the carpet and hoped everybody would just forget about it...... Hypocrites!

It's the cancel culture. They've been looking for way to sack her for a while now.....

It seems like you're not allowed to speak your mind on a social media platform if you're employed by Disney.

The same Disney that swept The Song Of The South under the carpet and hoped everybody would just forget about it...... Hypocrites!
How I see it is that Disney only care about themselves and they don't care about their fans at all. It's not only about the Mandalorian, it's about the team as a whole. I guess Disney aren't team players. Well they lost one fan here and I'm sure there are many others as well.

It's too bad that all this had to happen. But guys... she wasn't that great at an actress anyways.
She looked bad-ass... but thats about it. The series will probably be stronger without her.

Reactions: Noodles
It's too bad that all this had to happen. But guys... she wasn't that great at an actress anyways.
She looked bad-ass... but thats about it. The series will probably be stronger without her.
Sadly this is more about the 21st century in which the internet has become judge, jury and executioner and bypassing the law. I might or might not like what she has to say but we are supposed to have free speech but cancel culture has seen to that. Ironic when you consider Disney has made some of the most racist films ever made.

Sadly this is more about the 21st century in which the internet has become judge, jury and executioner and bypassing the law. I might or might not like what she has to say but we are supposed to have free speech but cancel culture has seen to that. Ironic when you consider Disney has made some of the most racist films ever made.

Oh totally. I would hate to be a celebrity in todays world. You have to be so careful what you do and say.
If you make 1 mistake you're whole career could be done. Why has everyone forgotten about forgiveness? (Obviously there are different levels of wrong doing... and the person needs to be sorry about their actions)

And even if you don't do anything wrong people can still come after you! Look at someone like Chris Pratt. Nicest guy in the world. Anyone who has ever worked with him has nothing but good things to say, But just because he is a republican, twitter tries to cancel him? It's ridiculous.

But back to Gina.
Yes she said some stupid things. And firing her for them is probably overkill.

But for me... I guess i'm just not that upset about this one because I was never a fan of her in the show anyway. :wacky:

I liked her character, she was bad ass and If you watch the behind the scenes making of's on Disney+ you can see she was well liked by Favreau and the other cast as well so this could end up being another James Gunn where Disney reverse their decision based on public pressure. Guess we wait and see...

I don't know guys. There's a difference between old tweets resurfacing/being conservative and constantly voicing rather ignorant views when you know you have a job on the line. She had PLENTY of chances to stop- this has been going on for a year. Honestly surprised Disney just pulled the plug.

Disney are hypocrites though LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noodles
Saw it coming a mile away and it honestly serves her right. I hate the whole "cancel culture" thing, but it got to the point where she was clearly trying to see how far she could push it and her luck obviously ran out. I agree with @kaw anyway... her acting was poor and her character personally did nothing for me, so I'm glad they kinda wrapped it up for her at the end of Season 2.

Reactions: 3Maters and kaw