Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This episode was a little goofy - kinda the most clone wars esk episode so far. No idea why Lizzo and Jack Black had to be in the Star Wars universe either. I really don't like how they are portraying the battle droids like they did in the clone wars show. I still love how they originally were done in Episode 1 as these more serious figures instead of these silly machines joking around all the time and saying stupid ****. But oh well. Was suprised this was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard as well since all her episodes so far were really cool.
[="Also, Commissioner Helgait? Like, Hell gate? Talk about spoiling a characters intention in the name alone haha"]

That was a great finale! Pretty strong season overall, apart from that one weird super cheesy episode the other week.

Reactions: jcm
That was a great finale! Pretty strong season overall, apart from that one weird super cheesy episode the other week.

I thought the finale was pretty good. probably could have built more tension if it were like 10 mins longer, especially the final boss fight. Overall the season felt really disjointed to me. You could clearly see the different visions of the directors, much more than previous seasons. I think it suffered by not focusing on a coherent narrative and pigeonholing setups that ultimately had anticlimactic payoffs. For me this was the weakest season of the three. I hope they lean more into the spaghetti western we were sold on in the promotion of the series. Anyway, to each their own opinion and if the show brings you joy then that’s great.

Some people complained about it seeming like the show was more about Bo Katan as the Mandalorian. I think that it would have been cool if this was some sort of anthology series that focused on a different Mandalorian and their adventures each season.

Reactions: Noodles
I thought the finale was pretty good. probably could have built more tension if it were like 10 mins longer, especially the final boss fight. Overall the season felt really disjointed to me. You could clearly see the different visions of the directors, much more than previous seasons. I think it suffered by not focusing on a coherent narrative and pigeonholing setups that ultimately had anticlimactic payoffs. For me this was the weakest season of the three. I hope they lean more into the spaghetti western we were sold on in the promotion of the series. Anyway, to each their own opinion and if the show brings you joy then that’s great.

Some people complained about it seeming like the show was more about Bo Katan as the Mandalorian. I think that it would have been cool if this was some sort of anthology series that focused on a different Mandalorian and their adventures each season.
I think ironically they followed the (kinda) anthology idea of Halloween: Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 3 Season of the Witch, Halloween 4.... We've made the detour, Mandalorian S4 Return of Din Jarin will be back on the original narrative I hope.

I think ironically they followed the (kinda) anthology idea of Halloween: Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 3 Season of the Witch, Halloween 4.... We've made the detour, Mandalorian S4 Return of Din Jarin will be back on the original narrative I hope.

Haven’t watched the Halloween films. Maybe anthology isn’t the right word. What I meant is following a disconnected story in the same world, surrounding different Mandalorian. For example:

Season 1: Din, spaghetti western bounty hunter adventure
Season 2: Boba Fett, dark drama criminal underworld
Season 3: Bo Katan, sci fi epic about retaking Mandalore

Clear focuses in each season and eliminating pointless side quests would have made all seasons better.

Reactions: GeoRattray
I think i've been watching too much Game of Thrones and I just naturally expected a double cross to happen. haha

The season was good. I overall enjoyed it. But I feel like execution of what they did could have been better and more focused (in the writing), Ideas felt scattered and all over the place.
(Example: "Here's your new home in Nevarro!" "Yay we finally have a safe place to live and we don't have to hide".... Next episode. "We're leaving for Mandalore!"... but ...you just got here)

The visuals were great. Nothing to complain about there.

I had a fun time. But I'm hoping to raise the bar "story wise" next time. I have a feeling Filoni was too busy with Ahoska and this took a bit of a hit because of that.

I'm getting a custom steelbook made for this, but just placed my order for Season 3 on Bluray. A fancy company in China makes really damn near close to official releases for alot of TV shows with Embossed SLIPCOVERs.

Really wish, Disney would release these 1st few seasons on disc like Sony did with The Boys to drum up enthusiasm for the follow up seasons.

Especially now that Season 4 is in the grinder due to the on-going writer's strike.