The Matrix 4-Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 7, 2021
Release date: July 25, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £99.99
Notes: SteelBooks are glossy

Screenshot 2022-03-28 000820.png

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly agreed since it follows a similar artwork across the board, thankfully i did hold out on grabbing the solo steel
It is a decent set all together but the fact it’s still the same 4th steel that came out 2 weeks ago is a massive p!sstake for the guys who bought that on its own but would like a matching set. I can’t work out the thought process of why this wasn’t announced before the single steel was released apart from GREED

F**k you WB

What idiots. If they'd announced this first I'd have bought it, but I'm not selling the black 'code' steelbook I just got for the 4th film in order to get this.

Reactions: yeslek
Don’t forget that apparently manta are releasing these with this art too. But apparently a different finish. Maybe that will also put some off ordering these from zavvi

Also the 4th steel is gloss but apparently these will be matte in other countries so I’m not too sure what’s happening there. I know manta is planning glow in the dark steels and on their mock up the code is in green (not sure if it’s to represent the gitd element) and also collection steels are cropped. there’s more of the image on the lower part of the manta mock ups

AB83D6BA-59F3-46DA-ABC3-76FA5E2B8898.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: InfinityGB
Don’t forget that apparently manta are releasing these with this art too. But apparently a different finish. Maybe that will also put some off ordering these from zavvi

Also the 4th steel is gloss but apparently these will be matte in other countries so I’m not too sure what’s happening there. I know manta is planning glow in the dark steels and on their mock up the code is in green (not sure if it’s to represent the gitd element) and also collection steels are cropped. there’s more of the image on the lower part of the manta mock ups

View attachment 529886
ooo the glow in the dark idea sounds epic, i have pre ordered the zavvi one for now but if the manta one is true then i might have to reconsider

ooo the glow in the dark idea sounds epic, i have pre ordered the zavvi one for now but if the manta one is true then i might have to reconsider
The manta releases could still take a while. Or go up for order soon. You never know

It was mentioned in the manta threads they were trying for a glow in the dark finish with gloss which has never been done before but again those plans could change if they can’t achieve the effect they want I suppose. It was very random for them to just show the steel mock ups anyway.

Reactions: InfinityGB
The manta releases could still take a while. Or go up for order soon. You never know

It was mentioned in the manta threads they were trying for a glow in the dark finish with gloss which has never been done before but again those plans could change if they can’t achieve the effect they want I suppose. It was very random for them to just show the steel mock ups anyway.
trying to remember which steelbook of the 4th movie had a special effect on the code lines when looking at a certain angle, was it an amazon one or the zavvi one cause it would be a nice touch for the set

trying to remember which steelbook of the 4th movie had a special effect on the code lines when looking at a certain angle, was it an amazon one or the zavvi one cause it would be a nice touch for the set
The 4th movie has a metallic effect on the code on the zavvi version under gloss so it glimmers in the light and the amazon version has spot gloss on the code (and pills) which will also shine in the light so it could be either one lol

This is one of those franchises where you’re like “I could get it but knowing Hollywood they’ll bring out a 5th one making this redundant”

Until they close Neo and Trinity’s story for good and move on from that arc I don’t think I could feel safe buying a collection.

If you look closely and glance at the box set title, it says "The Matrix"
I'm just going to use the Titans of Cult release for "The Matrix" and use it to store all of the individual releases.
It's basically "The Matrix" franchise for all of the releases...

Just noticed that the 4th film's steel has a different spine compared to the other Zavvi one, at least in the mock up.

I don't think I fully trust the mock-up images. If, and I say again if the mock-up is showing all 4 sides of the case then something is off.

Let's say the front is where the steelbooks come out and the back is the image of the characters with the movie titles. That means they're showing the right side of the case twice yet they are showing 2 different images. Most likely one of those images will be on the left side and the other on the right side.

I see what you mean about the spine being different.

Proper sh!t of them to announce this after the single version of the 4th film was released. Should of been an option from day 1.

I thought it was already known that this set was coming. @tommyh84 posted an image of the set in the thread

The Matrix 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #?) [Czech Republic]

on Feb. 23 and mentioned that it was a WWA set that would be "available elsewhere" in another post in the same thread.
I mentioned that it would probably be a Zavvi exclusive just like the Mad Max and Monsterverse sets.

Reactions: Lenny Nero