The Matrix 4-Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 7, 2021
Release date: July 25, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £99.99
Notes: SteelBooks are glossy

Screenshot 2022-03-28 000820.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t forget that apparently manta are releasing these with this art too. But apparently a different finish. Maybe that will also put some off ordering these from zavvi

Also the 4th steel is gloss but apparently these will be matte in other countries so I’m not too sure what’s happening there. I know manta is planning glow in the dark steels and on their mock up the code is in green (not sure if it’s to represent the gitd element) and also collection steels are cropped. there’s more of the image on the lower part of the manta mock ups

View attachment 529886

where have you read that 1-3 are matte?

where have you read that 1-3 are matte?
I thought it was mentioned a few weeks back. That the difference with the manta versions is that they will be gloss with a possible gitd feature.

Unless I got that wrong! Apologies in advance

I thought it was mentioned a few weeks back. That the difference with the manta versions is that they will be gloss with a possible gitd feature.

Unless I got that wrong! Apologies in advance

Ah in that case I think all that's been said is ML want to have a GITD feature (not sure that's even possible with a glossy steel, dunno why it wouldn't but FAC's T2 was matte)

This set would be all kinds of shite if 1-3 was matte and 4 was glossy

Ah in that case I think all that's been said is ML want to have a GITD feature (not sure that's even possible with a glossy steel, dunno why it wouldn't but FAC's T2 was matte)

This set would be all kinds of shite if 1-3 was matte and 4 was glossy
That’s the thing, It was mentioned they were aiming to try something new with gloss and a gitd feature that had never been done implying the WWA box set steels will be matte. I think it was even mentioned they will be matte but I can’t remember now. Maybe I am wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies
That’s the thin, It was mentioned they were aiming to try something new with gloss and a gitd feature that had never been done implying the WWA box set steels will be matte. I think it was even mentioned they will be matte but I can’t remember now. Maybe I am wrong
I'm not 100% on the matte bit for the wwa's (not that manta will know for sure what wb are doing anyway, particularly in various territories), but manta definitely said they were playing with a GITD gloss finish for 1-3 in their recent matrix centred update.

Which will surely be impressive, as it's never been done before, because nobody's been able to get it to work lol it sounded like its a WIP and TBC if they can get it to work or not to me though. It's intrigued me anyway, if they can actually pull it off.

Reactions: Flloydo

No mention of a gloss finish here and this is the only post I can find on the subject. Obviously with it being ML it's assumed they'll be gloss finish but nothing confirmed that I've been able to locate

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yeslek and Flloydo

No mention of a gloss finish here and this is the only post I can find on the subject. Obviously with it being ML it's assumed they'll be gloss finish but nothing confirmed that I've been able to locate

Ah right yeah no mention there. Interesting that they weren’t actually going to do the TDK trilogy. Would of been easier on the wallet if they didn’t lol

Reactions: Shark
Amazon.it has it listed for "only" 150,78€...
I know price will be adjusted prior to charge our cards but still...

Proper sh!t of them to announce this after the single version of the 4th film was released. Should of been an option from day 1.
agreed. i have been bubbling away on this, but am now fairly irked. :grumpy:

yesterday, my view of zavvi was (n):
Will Smith Reaction GIF

but today, my view of zavvi is :BS::
Will Smith Slap GIF by Nightingale

it's not great sales, either, since i might have seriously considered buying their set if i had known, but now will almost definitely pass / hold out for Manta. shame, too, since i really like the single edition Resurrections.

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah and if in 10 years they reboot they will obviously do a collection like this, in a new format, call it the Neo arc and in the meantime I've saved my money

I see my patience as a win/win

After Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull I never thought they'd do an Indy 5 yet BOOM....here we are.

Difference is Crystal Skull made money. The Matrix Resurrections flopped. The Matrix franchise is done. Shame as the fourth film was better than 2 and 3.

Reactions: yeslek and Bunk
I would be upset about having only purchased the fourth movie separately some months ago, but alas, i cannot